Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Core Infinity board - devi63 - 17-Oct-2017

1. New audio DSP (provision for computational power)
2. Improved FPGA
3. 3 ASRC - Asynchronous Sample Rate Converter

RE: Core Infinity board - PhilP - 17-Oct-2017

Spec looks pretty good but I hope it will be possible to completely disable PLC functionality. IMHO there should be no place for it in high end audio.

It Should be reasonably straightforward to add support for Tidal, Qobuz, Roon etc if the streaming suppliers cooperate. Though its likely there will be some early pain for control app users.

RE: Core Infinity board - GuillaumeB - 17-Oct-2017

(17-Oct-2017, 19:16)devi63 Wrote: but not the beginning of the upgrade program, as previously announced for today :-(

Yup as per usual there is a lack of joined up thinking in their comms. We are used to it though.  Tongue

Guillaume

RE: Core Infinity board - Confused - 17-Oct-2017

(17-Oct-2017, 19:24)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(17-Oct-2017, 19:16)devi63 Wrote: but not the beginning of the upgrade program, as previously announced for today :-(

Yup as per usual there is a lack of joined up thinking in their comms. We are used to it though.  Tongue

Guillaume

Indeed, see page 1 post #10 of this thread.  Huh 

I’ve kind of mentally registered that I’ll actually get the board in early(ish) 2018, it’s good for piece of mind.

RE: Core Infinity board - Confused - 17-Oct-2017

I note mention of ‘Improved USB interface’. This alone could be very good news, irrespective the various streamer board features. Of course, this depends on just how good the new USB implementation proves to be in terms of sound quality. Maybe USB will prove to top AES/EBU for ultimate sound quality? Not impossible, time will tell.

RE: Core Infinity board - Music or sound - 17-Oct-2017

(17-Oct-2017, 21:29)Confused Wrote: I note mention of ‘Improved USB interface’.  This alone could be very good news, irrespective the various streamer board features.  Of course, this depends on just how good the new USB implementation proves to be in terms of sound quality.  Maybe USB will prove to top AES/EBU for ultimate sound quality?  Not impossible, time will tell.

I hope that the new ethernet switch allows to use Ravenna which is a better protocol than USB as it allows error free transmission over long distance. Also will be USB still generation 2 (as most other present DACs) while most computers are at least one generation further (3.0 or 3.1)

RE: Core Infinity board - blodsbror - 17-Oct-2017

Will this streamer board comes as standard on the new Pro series, after release ? Or will it always be an 'add-on' board ?

RE: Core Infinity board - Axel - 18-Oct-2017

(17-Oct-2017, 23:30)blodsbror Wrote: Will this streamer board comes as standard on the new Pro series, after release ? Or will it always be an 'add-on' board ?

I reckon that the board will be standard and that the price of the D Pro series will remain unchanged.
Also, looking at the Core Infinity Log, it says that the software is released on Nov 7th. We might be asked to send our units back sooner than this.

RE: Core Infinity board - watchnerd - 18-Oct-2017

(17-Oct-2017, 19:22)PhilP Wrote: Spec looks pretty good but I hope it will be possible to completely disable PLC functionality. IMHO there should be no place for it in high end audio.

It Should be reasonably straightforward to add support for Tidal, Qobuz, Roon etc if the streaming suppliers cooperate. Though its likely there will be some early pain for control app users.

Given the 1 GHz ARM chip and the 1 GB of RAM, this should be a pretty trivial software exercise.

Now the new DSP chip has me intrigued....

RE: Core Infinity board - watchnerd - 18-Oct-2017

(17-Oct-2017, 21:29)Confused Wrote: I note mention of ‘Improved USB interface’. This alone could be very good news, irrespective the various streamer board features. Of course, this depends on just how good the new USB implementation proves to be in terms of sound quality. Maybe USB will prove to top AES/EBU for ultimate sound quality? Not impossible, time will tell.

Asynchronous USB 2-3 has lower jitter (generally) than synchronous SPDIF/AES/EBU.