Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Core Infinity board - watchnerd - 25-Oct-2017

(25-Oct-2017, 10:16)thumb5 Wrote: In that case it might be true but it doesn't have much bearing on what's required to actually get the job done Smile

Sure it does. Implementing existing technologies and techniques has a much shorter development cycle, including testing, than implementing something brand new from scratch.

RE: Core Infinity board - Borgen - 25-Oct-2017

I think the reservations given are related to securing the given webserver, Devialet and config files form malicious usage. If everyone on the net was well-intended users, all software development would be easy and the cost of most products would be a fraction of what they are today.

RE: Core Infinity board - Confused - 25-Oct-2017

I am sure that an update of the configurator will be required, simply because there will be more things to configure, such as PLC. In addition, there will need to be web based software to control or select the streaming services, something similar to Sonore's 'Sonicorbiter' and 'app switcher' software, that allows set up of the 'network attached endpoint', and allows selection between streaming modes, such as DLNA, RAAT, HQPlayer or whatever.

Without this I cannot see how the OS Board can function.

Of course some kind of 'on line' configurator is a different thing altogether. Personally, I find the SD card swapping a pain, but a tolerable pain because it is something that normally only needs to be done very occasionally, so it is no big deal. The software for switching between streaming protocols is something that might be used very frequently, so this needs to be very slick and robust, or much frustration will be caused.

RE: Core Infinity board - petrik - 25-Oct-2017

I suppose an update is also needed on the Devialet app, so that one can select these new sources (UPnP, Spotify, and Airplay) from it?

Core Infinity board - ghosttipper - 25-Oct-2017

New configurator will come 7th Nov. 2017.

RE: Core Infinity board - Nightmare - 25-Oct-2017

Or just the next shift ;-)

RE: Core Infinity board - Music or sound - 26-Oct-2017

I want to get a server or something like it for some time but as I was waiting since the Pro upgrade for more specific ideas.
I am using AES/SPDIF(RCA) as presently the best sounding options and USB to listen to Spotify. The core infinity board may change what is the best input. Even if USB will be improved it may not ever become the best connection. I am presently thinking that ethernet with that improved switch could become the best sounding option using the next version of AIR or other protocols like Ravenna or Dante. If that will be the case the selection of a server (or NAS) would be quite different. The only one I am sure to have ethernet out is Innous Zennith but which protocol would work?

Core Infinity board - Elztalbiker - 26-Oct-2017

My dealer received today new delivery of experts pro with CI board

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

RE: Core Infinity board - Amelot75 - 26-Oct-2017

Where’s your dealer? Last month audiogon dealer already pretended this

Core Infinity board - Elztalbiker - 27-Oct-2017

Germany Black Forest

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk