Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Core Infinity board - Hifi_swlon - 30-Oct-2017

(30-Oct-2017, 12:27)Confused Wrote: That said, it is not the end of the world, and when you think about it not that much different to all those who bought new Pro's or upgraded to Pro's with nothing more than a tentative promise of the OS board next year.  

Presumably it would be more the end of the world if the new owner wanted to use Ethernet or WiFi? I understood from earlier posts that these can’t be configured yet. In that case, having the older boards which can be upgraded when it’s ready makes much more sense.

My assumption is they shipped with the new boards under the presumption the accompanying software/firmware/configuration would have been ready in time.

Shame they didn’t spend any time reading here, as they would have realised that they never manage to get that stuff working in time, and could have planned around it...... Smile

RE: Core Infinity board - petrik - 31-Oct-2017

(30-Oct-2017, 12:27)Confused Wrote: Time will tell, but I am not sure how much I will actually use the OS board one I finally get one.  The answer to that one depends almost entirely on both stability and sound quality, which remain as unknowns currently.

That's right. It also depends on what features it will support.

I am quite disappointed that it supports only Airplay, Bluetooth, Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz, and UPnP. I don't really need any of these but perhaps my wife will be happy about the Airplay (if it works...). I am still wondering what's the benefit for me if I decide to send my Pro for the upgrade? I have to be couple of weeks without the Pro and I will get features that I don't need? That doesn't sound like a good deal.

I am also concerned about the upgrade process itself. Will I get my Expert Pro back in a perfect shape? Last time they had added so many scratches to the remote control and Expert Pro itself, that I had to send them back. Will this happen again?

RE: Core Infinity board - Chris Marshall - 31-Oct-2017

(31-Oct-2017, 08:09)petrik Wrote:
(30-Oct-2017, 12:27)Confused Wrote: Time will tell, but I am not sure how much I will actually use the OS board one I finally get one.  The answer to that one depends almost entirely on both stability and sound quality, which remain as unknowns currently.

That's right. It also depends on what features it will support.

I am quite disappointed that it supports only Airplay, Bluetooth, Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz, and UPnP. I don't really need any of these but perhaps my wife will be happy about the Airplay (if it works...). I am still wondering what's the benefit for me if I decide to send my Pro for the upgrade? I have to be couple of weeks without the Pro and I will get features that I don't need? That doesn't sound like a good deal.

I am also concerned about the upgrade process itself. Will I get my Expert Pro back in a perfect shape? Last time they had added so many scratches to the remote control and Expert Pro itself, that I had to send them back. Will this happen again?

I'm pretty sure they will make it Roon Ready at some point, plus they now have plenty of processing power available with the new board so some other things like DSP may be possible, MQA if you're interested.

The new network connectivity may also make current things like AIR more stable for more people with a bit of luck.

Core Infinity board - Waiski - 31-Oct-2017

I did ask from ROON what does this integration mean, they did answer "We'll be releasing more details about our later integration with Devialet".

Dunno what it means..

RE: Core Infinity board - petrik - 31-Oct-2017

Very good points Chris and Waiski.

Roon Ready, more stable streaming, and new things with DSP would be awesome Smile

Core Infinity board - Elztalbiker - 31-Oct-2017

Variable sinus generator on board

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

[Image: b02ff6d55d1606c6338a8c59ceab2d46.jpg]

Just tried it

RE: Core Infinity board - Celts88 - 31-Oct-2017

(31-Oct-2017, 13:18)Elztalbiker Wrote: [Image: b02ff6d55d1606c6338a8c59ceab2d46.jpg]

Just tried it

Elztalbiker

And that is a what???  Confused

That‘s the one of basic for room tuning!

RE: Core Infinity board - K4680 - 31-Oct-2017

(31-Oct-2017, 13:22)Celts88 Wrote:
(31-Oct-2017, 13:18)Elztalbiker Wrote: [Image: b02ff6d55d1606c6338a8c59ceab2d46.jpg]

Just tried it

Elztalbiker

And that is a what???  Confused

Hi, at the time of the band decks and tape machines, the sine generators (level generator) were used to adjust the recording levels. For amplifiers, where the inputs were variable, you could adjust the inputs to the same volume (level jump when switching to other source)! Rolleyes