Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 02-Mar-2017

Yes, but it's not just for Spark? The one thing Devialet have advised is that the streamer board will be compatible with DLNA. I know this will not impress fans of Roon or HQPlayer, but DLNA would at least allow music servers such as JRiver to work. (Some claim JRiver sounds every bit as good as Roon, for example)

Although to be honest, there is little point having too much debate about this, it all comes back to the lack of communication form Devialet. There is a point here, someone might go out and buy some new kit, an Aurender, a Mutec or whatever else, then in the Autumn, against all expectations, Devialet release a superb sounding streamer board with decent functionality. Unlikely? Maybe, I'm not so sure. But it would be very annoying if it happened.

RE: Streamer board......? - Dr Tone - 02-Mar-2017

(02-Mar-2017, 18:42)Confused Wrote: There is a point here, someone might go out and buy some new kit, an Aurender, a Mutec or whatever else, then in the Autumn, against all expectations, Devialet release a superb sounding streamer board with decent functionality.  Unlikely?  Maybe, I'm not so sure.  But it would be very annoying if it happened.

So that's what would finally push you over the edge to be annoyed with Devialet?  Smile 

Anything anyone bought now could be sold and the loss on resale value could be reclaimed in the enjoyment of your system now, nevermind less stress fretting over the stupid unicorn streaming card and Devialet's moronic customer relations.

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 02-Mar-2017

I suppose one could just ignore installing the card and keep using AIR or USB, perhaps get something that uses the AES input as that seems to be the best input.....

To me it is more that there are so many options and paths to choose so it is hard to decide what path to choose. I run Roon core on my regular computer but would like to have it on a dedicated one that only runs Roon server but do I go on with Windows and AIR or perhaps ditch AIR and get a Roon endpoint and run USB directly to my 440 or via an Mutec. Perhaps wait for Roon ROCK and use that with an endpoint. I have tried out Roon up-sampling and HQ Player, tend to like HQ Player more and that adds an extra layer to the whole decision process......

Well not much to do but wait, my system works as it is right now and sounds really good so no need really to put any time on this right now Smile

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 03-Mar-2017

(02-Mar-2017, 18:42)Confused Wrote: .....  (Some claim JRiver sounds every bit as good as Roon, for example) ....

Seriously OT and at the risk of inciting the ROON fanboys, and boy are they fanboys, to my ears A+ (Audirvana) is clearly a better sounding software.  I have a lifetime ROON membership, as I do for A+, but question the devoted zeal for ROON, the software. (i.e.: posts that claim they won't consider buying anything if it can't accommodate ROON, etc...)  
btw: Metadata for classical is a train wreck.

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 03-Mar-2017

Oh Dr Tone, you are such a tease! Smile (as well as being a Roon fanboy as well, although not quite as bad as that Hifi_swlon chap Dodgy )  Having said that, careful observation should reveal that I have been annoyed with Devialet on a more or less permanent basis for over three years.  AIR, communication, idiotic responses from the Temple of Truth, communication, streamer board, the treatment of O'dA buyers, communication, Quentin Sanne, communication, etc.  I could rant for hours on this stuff!  In fact in recent weeks I have seen (and maybe added to) mini-rants on such topics on the love is in the AIR page, Twitter, Facebook, so it's not just me!

To be honest, despite all this I am probably one of the happiest Devialet owners around.  I am delighted with the 1000 Pro, and I have not heard anything at any price I would swap it for.  It is back to the ultimate Devialet cliché, superb hardware, software not so good.  (that's the polite version of the cliché)   I am also happy with my mR/LPS-1/Mutec 'front end'.  So all I need to do is relax, enjoy the music, and see what Devialet deliver at whatever point in the future when it actually arrives.

The thing is though, I am actually optimistic that the streamer board will be good.  Taking the Devialet cliché, I consider the streamer board to be primarily a hardware project, and if this piece of hardware is integrated fully with the Devialet, short signal paths and other good stuff, then maybe it just might be excellent.  Devilaet are good at hardware remember, and I have every confidence that Mathieu Pernod and co, working hard in their lab 'listening' and optimising with a brace of oscilloscopes, might just come up with something special.  As for the software side, I am assuming the streamer board will be more of an 'endpoint', so any software requirements will be fairly basic.  As for software, I think if Devialet were to simply pay Sonore a few dollars for their Sonic Orbiter software I am sure this would keep the majority of Devialet owners happy.  (Roon, DLNA, NAA, AirPlay emulator etc.)

The other thought I have when in wild speculation mode is could the streamer board be user configurable / programmable?  The one bit of information that was advised back in summer 2016 was that the streamer board will be ARM processor based.  So maybe there is every chance the streamer board could be hacked to do what anyone would want.  It's great fun speculating isn't it!  Just think, we have at least seven months more to speculate before Devialet will tell us anything! Sad

RE: Streamer board......? - G51 - 03-Mar-2017

(03-Mar-2017, 08:04)Confused Wrote: Oh Dr Tone, you are such a tease! Smile (as well as being a Roon fanboy as well, although not quite as bad as that Hifi_swlon chap Dodgy )  Having said that, careful observation should reveal that I have been annoyed with Devialet on a more or less permanent basis for over three years.  AIR, communication, idiotic responses from the Temple of Truth, communication, streamer board, the treatment of O'dA buyers, communication, Quentin Sanne, communication, etc.  I could rant for hours on this stuff!  In fact in recent weeks I have seen (and maybe added to) mini-rants on such topics on the love is in the AIR page, Twitter, Facebook, so it's not just me!

To be honest, despite all this I am probably one of the happiest Devialet owners around.  I am delighted with the 1000 Pro, and I have not heard anything at any price I would swap it for.  It is back to the ultimate Devialet cliché, superb hardware, software not so good.  (that's the polite version of the cliché)   I am also happy with my mR/LPS-1/Mutec 'front end'.  So all I need to do is relax, enjoy the music, and see what Devialet deliver at whatever point in the future when it actually arrives.

The thing is though, I am actually optimistic that the streamer board will be good.  Taking the Devialet cliché, I consider the streamer board to be primarily a hardware project, and if this piece of hardware is integrated fully with the Devialet, short signal paths and other good stuff, then maybe it just might be excellent.  Devilaet are good at hardware remember, and I have every confidence that Mathieu Pernod and co, working hard in their lab 'listening' and optimising with a brace of oscilloscopes, might just come up with something special.  As for the software side, I am assuming the streamer board will be more of an 'endpoint', so any software requirements will be fairly basic.  As for software, I think if Devialet were to simply pay Sonore a few dollars for their Sonic Orbiter software I am sure this would keep the majority of Devialet owners happy.  (Roon, DLNA, NAA, AirPlay emulator etc.)

The other thought I have when in wild speculation mode is could the streamer board be user configurable / programmable?  The one bit of information that was advised back in summer 2016 was that the streamer board will be ARM processor based.  So maybe there is every chance the streamer board could be hacked to do what anyone would want.  It's great fun speculating isn't it!  Just think, we have at least seven months more to speculate before Devialet will tell us anything! Sad

Communication?! Love is in the AIR?! Seb, the spokesperson of Devialet in the topic 'Love is in the AIR' last appeared in that thread on Dec 8th!!??

RE: Streamer board......? - Dr Tone - 03-Mar-2017

(03-Mar-2017, 08:04)Confused Wrote: The thing is though, I am actually optimistic that the streamer board will be good.  Taking the Devialet cliché, I consider the streamer board to be primarily a hardware project, and if this piece of hardware is integrated fully with the Devialet, short signal paths and other good stuff, then maybe it just might be excellent.  Devilaet are good at hardware remember, and I have every confidence that Mathieu Pernod and co, working hard in their lab 'listening' and optimising with a brace of oscilloscopes, might just come up with something special.  As for the software side, I am assuming the streamer board will be more of an 'endpoint', so any software requirements will be fairly basic.  As for software, I think if Devialet were to simply pay Sonore a few dollars for their Sonic Orbiter software I am sure this would keep the majority of Devialet owners happy.  (Roon, DLNA, NAA, AirPlay emulator etc.)

I don't disagree on Devialet's hardware prowess.  Unfortunately this new piece of hardware will be 100% dependent on software.  We know how that turns out.

AIR, DLNA, Spark and even USB drivers are all software.

Devialet's current USB implementation and windows drivers are finnicky.  Fortunately Windows 10 Creators update is coming with Native USB 2 audio drivers.  Not sure how well USB to a Devialet works with a Mac right now?

AIR has been fun hasn't it?  DLNA is a piece of crap on it's own never mind in the hands of an incompetent software company. Spark has been terrible for Phantom owners.

RE: Streamer board......? - bernardl - 12-Mar-2017

I have been listening to my D250 Pro with the new Audirvana 3 through USB (direct mode) and it is simply to die for. Amazing fluidity, naturelness, bass incredibly controlled and powerful, crystal clear and transparent highs... everything I used to like with air over wifi when it worked in terms of fluidity, but with additional detail, gritiness when needed.

The ipad app works also very fast now and the whole experience has been flawless. The multi-criteria search capability is IMHO best in class in an ipad app.

Audirvana 3 now supports MQA which is a great bonus.

No way I would give up on that sound quality for Roon. Anyone on Mac willing to optimize the sound quality produced owe himself to give it a try. Audirvana scans the indicated discs automatically for initial import or when tracks are stored in it, couldn't the easier.

Cheers,
Bernard

RE: Streamer board......? - boba2013 - 12-Mar-2017

(12-Mar-2017, 22:38)bernardl Wrote: I have been listening to my D250 Pro with the new Audirvana 3 through USB (direct mode) and it is simply to die for. Amazing fluidity, naturelness, bass incredibly controlled and powerful, crystal clear and transparent highs... everything I used to like with air over wifi when it worked in terms of fluidity, but with additional detail, gritiness when needed.

The ipad app works also very fast now and the whole experience has been flawless. The multi-criteria search capability is IMHO best in class in an ipad app.

No way I would give up on that sound quality for Roon. Anyone on Mac willing to optimize the sound quality produced owe himself to give it a try. Audirvana scans the indicated discs automatically for initial import or when tracks are stored in it, couldn't the easier.

Cheers,
Bernard

Hi Bernard

Very interested in your comments and if you had tried Roon prior to Audirvana 3? I have just loaded Roon, (purchased 1 year), onto my Mac-mini with USB connection to my D250 Pro. I love the sound and the client interface on the iPad is excellent.

I have been using my LINN Majik as a streamer into the Devialet along with LINN's Kazoo, (using the Mac-mini as a DLNA source). It has been very reliable but I definitely hear the improvements from Roon.

Are you saying Audirvana 3 is better than Roon?

Very interested in your experience pre-Audirvana and expansion on your comment about giving up on the sound quality for Roon. 

Thanks in advance.

Bob

RE: Streamer board......? - Beajuju - 13-Mar-2017

(12-Mar-2017, 23:26)boba2013 Wrote:
(12-Mar-2017, 22:38)bernardl Wrote: I have been listening to my D250 Pro with the new Audirvana 3 through USB (direct mode) and it is simply to die for. Amazing fluidity, naturelness, bass incredibly controlled and powerful, crystal clear and transparent highs... everything I used to like with air over wifi when it worked in terms of fluidity, but with additional detail, gritiness when needed.

Cheers,
Bernard

Hi Bernard

Very interested in your comments and if you had tried Roon prior to Audirvana 3? I have just loaded Roon, (purchased 1 year), onto my Mac-mini with USB connection to my D250 Pro. I love the sound and the client interface on the iPad is excellent.

I have been using my LINN Majik as a streamer into the Devialet along with LINN's Kazoo, (using the Mac-mini as a DLNA source). It has been very reliable but I definitely hear the improvements from Roon.

Are you saying Audirvana 3 is better than Roon?

Very interested in your experience pre-Audirvana and expansion on your comment about giving up on the sound quality for Roon. 

Thanks in advance.

Bob
I completely agree with Bernard. I use Audirvana 3 with Air 3 beta and it's absolutely superb! Way better than Roon. I discover once again my music library. The best 34$ canadian I spent : )