Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 13-Mar-2017

(13-Mar-2017, 00:20)Beajuju Wrote: I completely agree with Bernard. I use Audirvana 3 with Air 3 beta and it's absolutely superb! Way better than Roon. I discover once again my music library. The best 34$ canadian I spent : )

Not debating the claim, but if you're using AIR 3, isn't it really AIR3 that's better than Roon in terms of SQ, rather than Audirvana?

Also, whats Audirvana got to do with the upcoming steamer board? Wink

RE: Streamer board......? - Antoine - 13-Mar-2017

Audirvana optimizes the OS, Roon doesn't. MacOS is a nightmare to tune, there's so many processes active you can't get rid of. Many people switch to Linux or Windows (like Server 2012 or W10 with Audiophile Optimizer to take care of the the tuning process) for lower footprint.

Adding an extra network connected renderer like the SOTM SMS-200 or microRendu in addition to the PC is even better since that is even more lightweight and it uses optimized hardware. Unfortunately the server hard- and software configuration and network topology design upstream of the network renderer still matter. It'll easily beat the Mac on its own though (with or without Audirvana) and best of it all one can keep using the excellent Roon. Smile

Edit: not sure if I made my point which is: don't blame Roon but your non audio dedicated computer running a over bloated OS! Wink

But I agree, it's very off topic, sorry I added to it!

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 13-Mar-2017

(13-Mar-2017, 00:20)Beajuju Wrote:
(12-Mar-2017, 23:26)boba2013 Wrote:
(12-Mar-2017, 22:38)bernardl Wrote: I have been listening to my D250 Pro with the new Audirvana 3 through USB (direct mode) and it is simply to die for. Amazing fluidity, naturelness, bass incredibly controlled and powerful, crystal clear and transparent highs... everything I used to like with air over wifi when it worked in terms of fluidity, but with additional detail, gritiness when needed.

The ipad app works also very fast now and the whole experience has been flawless. The multi-criteria search capability is IMHO best in class in an ipad app.

Audirvana 3 now supports MQA which is a great bonus.

No way I would give up on that sound quality for Roon. Anyone on Mac willing to optimize the sound quality produced owe himself to give it a try. Audirvana scans the indicated discs automatically for initial import or when tracks are stored in it, couldn't the easier.

Cheers,
Bernard

Hi Bernard

Very interested in your comments and if you had tried Roon prior to Audirvana 3? I have just loaded Roon, (purchased 1 year), onto my Mac-mini with USB connection to my D250 Pro. I love the sound and the client interface on the iPad is excellent.

I have been using my LINN Majik as a streamer into the Devialet along with LINN's Kazoo, (using the Mac-mini as a DLNA source). It has been very reliable but I definitely hear the improvements from Roon.

Are you saying Audirvana 3 is better than Roon?

Very interested in your experience pre-Audirvana and expansion on your comment about giving up on the sound quality for Roon. 

Thanks in advance.

Bob
I completely agree with Bernard. I use Audirvana 3 with Air 3 beta and it's absolutely superb! Way better than Roon. I discover once again my music library. The best 34$ canadian I spent : )

I have both, a lifetime subscription to Roon and have Audirvana 3.0 installed (although not with the "Direct" mod...thanks Bernard, am looking into it) but can easily declare A+ better sounding to my ears, both playing via AIR and the over-bloated OS.

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 13-Mar-2017

(13-Mar-2017, 02:35)Wdw Wrote: I have both, a lifetime subscription to Roon and have Audirvana 3.0 installed (although not with the "Direct" mod...thanks Bernard, am looking into it) but can easily declare A+ better sounding to my ears, both playing via AIR and the over-bloated OS.

This was more what I meant - wdw's is a fair comparison since both use AIR over the same connection. I wasnt sure if the earlier one was say A+ over AIR and Roon over USB, which wouldn't be a fair comparison IMO. Anyway, back OT.

RE: Streamer board......? - Nightmare - 13-Mar-2017

Maybe one can seperate this topic into another thread?!

Would be very interesting to read more about it and Wdw´s comparison of Audirvana 3.0 in direct mode (USB) vs Roon.

Eventually Bob may also give Audirvana 3.0 a try to have some more input...

Thx!!

RE: Streamer board......? - K4680 - 13-Mar-2017

Just have a misleading idea! Perhaps the Streamerboard was already installed in the upgrade to Pro, and is only activated by SW Update !!
Would be nice. Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 13-Mar-2017

(13-Mar-2017, 09:49)Nightmare Wrote: Maybe one can seperate this topic into another thread?!

Would be very interesting to read more about it and Wdw´s comparison of Audirvana 3.0 in direct mode (USB) vs Roon.

Eventually Bob may also give Audirvana 3.0 a try to have some more input...

Thx!!

I use Roon but have also heard others say that perhaps there are more to ask in sound quality. I have not compared it to any other software so I cant say anything about it.

But a seperate thread about comparing Roon to others would be a good thing. 

Many say you have to do this and that to the computer to get it to sound right. I am no computer guy and dont want to fiddle alot with that. Perhaps the upcoming Roon ROCK with Linux will be a way to get a computer that only does what it has to do.....?

RE: Streamer board......? - Antoine - 13-Mar-2017

(13-Mar-2017, 09:59)K4680 Wrote: Just have a misleading idea! Perhaps the Streamerboard was already installed in the upgrade to Pro, and is only activated by SW Update !!
Would be nice. Big Grin Big Grin

Sorry to disappoint but it's not there, I've had a peak inside my Pro as I was forced to. Big Grin

RE: Streamer board......? - petrik - 13-Mar-2017

I lately visited Devialet's store at Paris. The sales personnel over there were really nice and polite. It was fun listening some "lost recordings" there.

Of course I had to ask about the streamer board but the only answer I got from them was "Q4/2017"... Nothing about features. I wasn't too happy about that, but what can you do. Perhaps they can now positively surprise us and release it even before Q4? Rolleyes

RE: Streamer board......? - GuillaumeB - 13-Mar-2017

(13-Mar-2017, 17:47)petrik Wrote: I lately visited Devialet's store at Paris. The sales personnel over there were really nice and polite. It was fun listening some "lost recordings" there.

Of course I had to ask about the streamer board but the only answer I got from them was "Q4/2017"... Nothing about features. I wasn't too happy about that, but what can you do. Perhaps they can now positively surprise us and release it even before Q4? Rolleyes

Q4/2017?!  

Guillaume