Devialet Chat
Air 3.0.4 Officially Released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Air 3.0.4 Officially Released (/Thread-Air-3-0-4-Officially-Released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Air 3.0.4 Officially Released - Riddo - 22-Mar-2017

(22-Mar-2017, 01:24)AaronG Wrote: I have a Mac and have always gotten white noise with AIR through every iteration. I downloaded 3.0.4 today and used it to stream the new Spotify High Rez. Sounded great. While it was streaming I opened Safari and got a huge burst of white noise. When I closed Safari it went back to normal. I wonder if this was the problem all alone with my Mac OS X/ AIR experience.

Although I use a PC, my experience mirrors yours. I have had a few instances of noise in the last 24 hours - prompted by computer activity or switching tracks in Roon. If I leave an album or playlist alone, or pause before selecting a new track, there is no problem. This morning though, after leaving it on all night at very low volume, I turned it up - everything OK - then ten minutes later I had noise. It is still a lot better that ever before, but if I turn up the volume, as a precaution I always have the remote in my hand.
 Cheers,
   Graeme

RE: Air 3.0.4 Officially Released - mdconnelly - 22-Mar-2017

(21-Mar-2017, 23:41)Dr Tone Wrote:
(21-Mar-2017, 23:14)mdconnelly Wrote: But, on the occasion where I want to sync my Devialet system with others in the house (e.g. party time), I can't do so using AIR with the Devialet.  Having the uRendu capable of emulating a Squeezebox is a perfect solution for that.   So I'll be keeping the uRendu but probably using AIR most of the time.... unless I get the itch to pick up an LPS-1 and then all bets are off.

Hifi_swlon mentioned syncing a group that included air and using the exact air buffer delay.

Roon is restrictive when it comes to syncing with their implementation to support Squeezeboxen.   Just can't do it (yet).   Roon has indicated that that may change in the future.   But I could get AIR to sync with other RAAT implementations as you and Steve indicate.

RE: Air 3.0.4 Officially Released - markush - 22-Mar-2017

With the release of 3.04 final, shouldn't there be a new version of the iOS remote app for streaming music to the Devialet with the AIR / technology update?

RE: Air 3.0.4 Officially Released - iamwappie - 22-Mar-2017

Why? What is the relation between the two?

RE: Air 3.0.4 Officially Released - Hifi_swlon - 22-Mar-2017

(22-Mar-2017, 18:49)markush Wrote: With the release of 3.04 final, shouldn't there be a new version of the iOS remote app for streaming music to the Devialet with the AIR / technology update?

Not strictly because of the AIR timing, but yes, I think we can all agree there should be a new iOS app. Dodgy

RE: Air 3.0.4 Officially Released - Jean-Marie - 22-Mar-2017

This is not related at all. The best proof point is that the latest air works with older firmware on the Devialet.

Jean-Marie

RE: Air 3.0.4 Officially Released - Rama - 23-Mar-2017

I want to re-purpose a D200 as just a Air streamer, and essentially take the digital coax out to my DAC. Would this be possible?

RE: Air 3.0.4 Officially Released - Dr Tone - 23-Mar-2017

(23-Mar-2017, 19:24)Rama Wrote: I want to re-purpose a D200 as just a Air streamer, and essentially take the digital coax out to my DAC. Would this be possible?

I don't think there is digital out on the devialet other than USB for capture on a computer.

Edit: I should of tried configure the right digital instead of the left.

RE: Air 3.0.4 Officially Released - Rama - 23-Mar-2017

I wonder if this is going to work. The digital output is limited to 192khz but that is good enough for me. I guess I will have to just try and see. Need to invest in a good coax cable though.

RE: Air 3.0.4 Officially Released - Dr Tone - 23-Mar-2017

That's what I get for not trying to configure the right digital plug.