Devialet Chat
(TRADED) 220 Pro - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: For Sale (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-For-Sale)
+--- Thread: (TRADED) 220 Pro (/Thread-TRADED-220-Pro)

Pages: 1 2

RE: FS: 220 Pro - Dr Tone - 05-Apr-2017

(05-Apr-2017, 17:00)no32 Wrote: What's is the 220 successor ?  I'm asking since I'm considering replacing my 2 x 250

McIntosh C47 preamp and MC301 quad balanced mono blocks.  Slightly more than a single 220 Pro new.

These are the smaller 6" tall chassis items from McIntosh so they work in my existing system stand.

RE: FS: 220 Pro - Hifi_swlon - 05-Apr-2017

Hope you stick around and tell us all about it. Perhaps a 'what I moved onto after Devialet' thread Smile

Good luck with the sale. And setting up your new toys. Now, how do you log into their configurator to write your sd cards.....

RE: FS: 220 Pro - Dr Tone - 05-Apr-2017

(05-Apr-2017, 20:21)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Hope you stick around and tell us all about it. Perhaps a 'what I moved onto after Devialet' thread Smile

Good luck with the sale. And setting up your new toys. Now, how do you log into their configurator to write your sd cards.....

I haven't actually heard the mono blocks, I was demoing the MC152 and actually still have all the demo equipment.  Only way my dealer would take the Devialet on trade was moving up the food chain a bit on the amplification and I new I wanted to go that route anyway but was getting concerned I would have to sell the 220 Pro as a mirror not an amplifier.

As for sticking around I imagine the consensus might be more like don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

RE: FS: 220 Pro - Rama - 06-Apr-2017

I recently had a chance to listen to the Luxman 700 series pre-power amp combo. Very impressive sound with the mytek Brooklyn. However something was just missing, the presentation was detailed but very in your face forward. I felt the SMS-200 was letting the whole system down, as the dealer was using the factory wall-wart. I will get a chance to do direct comparison by bring my D440pro to his home. I feel this is more going to be a preference thing rather than better or worse. Indian weather is not particularly suited for a hot class A/B amplifier of which first 10W is pure class A...ouch hot. But I liked the sound enough to take my 440Pro with me next time. I do miss having show piece amplification with the VU meter like that of the Luxman (glows with a nice shade of yellow). But that train has left the platform now..as it will be sometime before i go back to big/heavy amplifiers. But would it not be cool if Devialet added a VU meter in the next firmware, with some cool lighting.

RE: FS: 220 Pro - Dr Tone - 06-Apr-2017

(06-Apr-2017, 00:28)Rama Wrote: I recently had a chance to listen to the Luxman 700 series pre-power amp combo. Very impressive sound with the mytek Brooklyn. However something was just missing, the presentation was detailed but very in your face forward. I felt the SMS-200 was letting the whole system down, as the dealer was using the factory wall-wart. I will get a chance to do direct comparison by bring my D440pro to his home. I feel this is more going to be a preference thing rather than better or worse.  Indian weather is not particularly suited for a hot class A/B amplifier of which first 10W is pure class A...ouch hot. But I liked the sound enough to take my 440Pro with me next time. I do miss having show piece amplification with the VU meter like that of the Luxman (glows with a nice shade of yellow). But that train has left the platform now..as it will be sometime before i go back to big/heavy amplifiers. But would it not be cool if Devialet added a VU meter in the next firmware, with some cool lighting.

What does a comparison between a Luxman and your 440 Pro have to do with my for sale thread?

RE: FS: 220 Pro - Rama - 08-Apr-2017

(06-Apr-2017, 02:56)Dr Tone Wrote:
(06-Apr-2017, 00:28)Rama Wrote: I recently had a chance to listen to the Luxman 700 series pre-power amp combo. Very impressive sound with the mytek Brooklyn. However something was just missing, the presentation was detailed but very in your face forward. I felt the SMS-200 was letting the whole system down, as the dealer was using the factory wall-wart. I will get a chance to do direct comparison by bring my D440pro to his home. I feel this is more going to be a preference thing rather than better or worse.  Indian weather is not particularly suited for a hot class A/B amplifier of which first 10W is pure class A...ouch hot. But I liked the sound enough to take my 440Pro with me next time. I do miss having show piece amplification with the VU meter like that of the Luxman (glows with a nice shade of yellow). But that train has left the platform now..as it will be sometime before i go back to big/heavy amplifiers. But would it not be cool if Devialet added a VU meter in the next firmware, with some cool lighting.

What does a comparison between a Luxman and your 440 Pro have to do with my for sale thread?

I just thought that it would encourage people to buy your 220 PRO as it is so good. Well the comparison is complete and I can truthfully say that the Luxman even though it was a solid performer was no match for the 440 PRO. Luxman and the Mytek combo was very detailed but not at all pleasing to the ear, there was a harshness to the top end. The sound was way too forward for my taste, and the cymbals sounded artificial. We switched to the 440 PRO and all of a sudden i found myself sitting in the third row. The sound was much more relaxed and sophisticated, the cymbals sounded natural, and all this without any loss in detail. After a few min of listening to the 440 Pro I started to notice the different layers within the music which was not so apparent with the Luxman and Mytek. There was also more depth in the sound-stage with the 440 PRO. All in all I was really overjoyed with the purchase of my D440 Pro and realizing I had made a great decision. The best part is if I ever have to move I can just pack my Devialet and carry it with me in the shoulder bag. Luxman is a heavy beast with the pre/pro weighing at about 50KG. I like my devices to be portable, same reason I never buy a desktop computer. Moving the Devialet from one room to the other is a joy..cant say the same when you have to lift 50KG. 

If anyone is considering to buy @Dr Tone 220PRO I would say go ahead without any hesitation, its the best amplifier/dac/streamer out there. And then upgrade with a 220Pro companion

Thanks,
Rama (Proud Devialet owner)