Devialet Chat
Roon supports Devialet AIR - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Roon supports Devialet AIR (/Thread-Roon-supports-Devialet-AIR)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - DJ 04 - 09-Jun-2017

I hope we don't have to wait until the new boards are out, Roon had a beta that was streaming to the Expert so the boards are not a requirement. Hopefully Devialet is not holding them back.

I don't think AIR has anything to do with the receiving end of the Expert. You can(could?) send music from your iPhone to the Expert from the iOS app. Roon should just need to know what streaming protocol (RTP/RTSP?) the ethernet connection is expecting to receiving. This would eliminate any AIR issues. I could see Devialet wanting Roon to refer to the process as AIR for marketing reasons, but AIR as I understand it, is just a virtual soundcard that shouldn't have anything to do with the receiving end of the streaming process.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 09-Jun-2017

The AIR application on Mac and Win is a virtual soundcard implementation of AiR.
Pretty sure AIR is a defined standard and is not simply an off the shelf protocol. Could be wrong though.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - thumb5 - 09-Jun-2017

Exactly as hifi_swlon said: AIR defines its own streaming protocol rather than using an existing industry standard.  The gory details (at least, as they were two and a half years ago) are here if you're interested

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - mdconnelly - 09-Jun-2017

(09-Jun-2017, 18:23)thumb5 Wrote: Exactly as hifi_swlon said: AIR defines its own streaming protocol rather than using an existing industry standard.  The gory details (at least, as they were two and a half years ago) are here if you're interested

Fascinating!  I had totally missed those gory details (posted well before my first Devialet purchase).    Can't wait to see what Roon comes up with.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - actx76092 - 09-Jun-2017

I am starting to get the feeling that Devialet changed their minds. . .a few weeks ago Roon was publishing material at Munich about their partnership with Nucleus/Rock and Devialet. They apparently got "spanked" by Dev and said that they were "premature" and that we would have two wait a 2 weeks or so. . well, two weeks is up and we have the next version of Roon and their is nothing new regarding Roon and Dev. . seems likely to me that Roon had it working and it was going to be in the release that just came out. . then, Devialet said "no" and well, here we are. . .

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Chris Marshall - 09-Jun-2017

I'd be surprised if it was so serious.

I would guess that Devialet want to do some PR about it and aren't ready for some reason, maybe they thought it would take Roon as long as it took them to sort AIR out!

Danny says be patient, I'm sure it will arrive sometime soon.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 09-Jun-2017

(09-Jun-2017, 20:49)Chris Marshall Wrote: I'd be surprised if it was so serious.

I would guess that Devialet want to do some PR about it and aren't ready for some reason, maybe they thought it would take Roon as long as it took them to sort AIR out!

Danny says be patient, I'm sure it will arrive sometime soon.

I like your thinking Chris.....

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Alec_eiffel - 13-Jun-2017

Hi all,
I have just installed Roon on my HTPC/INtel NUC/Windows 10/Air 3.04 connected by Ethernet to my Devialet D200.
Audio setup in Roon is:
- Devialet Air WASAPI
- use exclusive mode : yes
- volume control mode : use device controls
It works very well, but I a not able to control the volume on the D200 on Roon, is that normal ? I thought the WASAPI driver was capable of that. Roon keeps saying "volume is fixed" when I try to change.
Any ideas ?
Also curious about what this Roon+Devialet thing could be...

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Pim - 13-Jun-2017

(13-Jun-2017, 22:17)Alec_eiffel Wrote: Hi all,
I have just installed Roon on my HTPC/INtel NUC/Windows 10/Air 3.04 connected by Ethernet to my Devialet D200.
Audio setup in Roon is:
- Devialet Air WASAPI
- use exclusive mode : yes
It works very well, but I a not able to control the volume on the D200 on Roon, is that normal ? I thought the WASAPI driver was capable of that. Roon keeps saying "volume is fixed" when I try to change.
Any ideas ?
Also curious about what this Roon+Devialet thing could be...

The answer might be in what you wrote yourself Wink :

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Alec_eiffel - 13-Jun-2017

(13-Jun-2017, 22:28)Pim van Vliet Wrote: The answer might be in what you wrote yourself Wink :

What's confusing is that under "More info" in Roon Audio Setup it reads :
"Choose 'fixed volume to diable volume controls in Roon'"
"Choose 'DSP volume' to adjust the volume in software"
"The other settings cause Roon to pass volume commands to your device. Some devices implement extremely high quality hardware based volume controls, some ignore volume controls completely, and others etc...."

I was expecting that selection "use device controls" would send hardware volume commands to the D200. This works well usually with the Wasapi Air Driver : if I select Devialet Air as the Windows audio output and adjust the volume in any application the D200 volume is hardware adjusted (the displayed volume changed on the control screen of the D200). But not with Roon. 

Bug ? Anyone being able to adjust the volume on his Devialet via Roon Control ?