Devialet Chat
Roon supports Devialet AIR - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Roon supports Devialet AIR (/Thread-Roon-supports-Devialet-AIR)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - petrik - 14-Jun-2017

(13-Jun-2017, 22:42)Alec_eiffel Wrote:
(13-Jun-2017, 22:28)Pim van Vliet Wrote: The answer might be in what you wrote yourself Wink :

- volume control mode : use device controls

What's confusing is that under "More info" in Roon Audio Setup it reads :
"Choose 'fixed volume to diable volume controls in Roon'"
"Choose 'DSP volume' to adjust the volume in software"
"The other settings cause Roon to pass volume commands to your device. Some devices implement extremely high quality hardware based volume controls, some ignore volume controls completely, and others etc...."

I was expecting that selection "use device controls" would send hardware volume commands to the D200. This works well usually with the Wasapi Air Driver : if I select Devialet Air as the Windows audio output and adjust the volume in any application the D200 volume is hardware adjusted (the displayed volume changed on the control screen of the D200). But not with Roon. 

Bug ? Anyone being able to adjust the volume on his Devialet via Roon Control ?

This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't like to use Roon to control Devialet's volume. It would be too risky because it's way too easy to accidentally set volume to 100 % in Roon. That's what happened to me once I was listening with my headphone setup. It's wasn't a pleasant surprise to listen music all of sudden with 100 % volume. So please be careful with Roon's volume control. I hope Roon would re-design the volume control at some point.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - ogs - 14-Jun-2017

Agree with petrik here. IMHO the volume control in Roon may not be the best to use with a Devialet amp. Besides, the Devialet remote has a fabulous volume control. Why would you use a different one?

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Alec_eiffel - 14-Jun-2017

(14-Jun-2017, 09:41)ogs Wrote: Agree with petrik here. IMHO the volume control in Roon may not be the best to use with a Devialet amp. Besides, the Devialet remote has a fabulous volume control. Why would you use a different one?

Thank you all for your answers. I acknowledge controlling the volume with Roon would be pure convenience, as the Devialet remote is indeed fabulous (best ever I have used). Unfortunately the remote tends to move a lot in my living room so I wanted to avoid to look for it and walk 3 meters  Big Grin. I also got used to controlling the volume directly from my laptop keyboard when working.

An alternative on mobile or tablet is to use the Devialet control app for the volume setting, it just requires switching from Roon to the Devialet app.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - mdconnelly - 14-Jun-2017

Agreed. I think Roon's volume control is one of its weakest points. This has been stated in the Roon forums as well. I use both the physical Devialet remote as well as the Devialet app on my iPhone and/or iPad. Of course the Devialet app could stand a good bit of improvement as well but it's quite good for adjusting volume.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 14-Jun-2017

(14-Jun-2017, 06:09)petrik Wrote:
(13-Jun-2017, 22:42)Alec_eiffel Wrote:
(13-Jun-2017, 22:28)Pim van Vliet Wrote: The answer might be in what you wrote yourself Wink :

- volume control mode : use device controls

What's confusing is that under "More info" in Roon Audio Setup it reads :
"Choose 'fixed volume to diable volume controls in Roon'"
"Choose 'DSP volume' to adjust the volume in software"
"The other settings cause Roon to pass volume commands to your device. Some devices implement extremely high quality hardware based volume controls, some ignore volume controls completely, and others etc...."

I was expecting that selection "use device controls" would send hardware volume commands to the D200. This works well usually with the Wasapi Air Driver : if I select Devialet Air as the Windows audio output and adjust the volume in any application the D200 volume is hardware adjusted (the displayed volume changed on the control screen of the D200). But not with Roon. 

Bug ? Anyone being able to adjust the volume on his Devialet via Roon Control ?

This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't like to use Roon to control Devialet's volume. It would be too risky because it's way too easy to accidentally set volume to 100 % in Roon. That's what happened to me once I was listening with my headphone setup. It's wasn't a pleasant surprise to listen music all of sudden with 100 % volume. So please be careful with Roon's volume control. I hope Roon would re-design the volume control at some point.

I've been there too on my kitchen speakers. Ouch!

Would definitely not be happy with anyone being able to do that to my main hifi, and would set Roon to fixed volume if it could control the Devialet volume directly. It's also waaaay too sensitive on the iPhone.

I quite like the Devialet remote (physical and ios) anyway and would probably prefer to use them regardless, unless Roon made major changes to their control.

I feel confident they're aware of it needing improvement, or I'd hope they at least allowed a max volume to be set.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - actx76092 - 16-Jun-2017

(09-Jun-2017, 19:40)actx76092 Wrote: I am starting to get the feeling that Devialet changed their minds. . .a few weeks ago Roon was publishing material at Munich about their partnership with Nucleus/Rock and Devialet.  They apparently got "spanked" by Dev and said that they were "premature" and that we would have two wait a 2 weeks or so. . well, two weeks is up and we have the next version of Roon and their is nothing new regarding Roon and Dev. . seems likely to me that Roon had it working and it was going to be in the release that just came out. . then, Devialet said "no" and well, here we are. . .

Sorry to quote myself but I am becoming convinced that what I said happened. . .has happened. 2 weeks from Danny at roon is now 4 weeks with not a peep. . .Remember last year when Auralic announced that they were able to do full MQA decoding in the software of the Aries only to be slapped down by the MQA folks . . .I don't like the similarities.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - mdconnelly - 17-Jun-2017

It doesn't seem to make much sense ... but then, very little about Devialet's business strategy does.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - sven911 - 17-Jun-2017

I had great believe in the 2 weeks statement, now i am a little disapointed. Not because new versions are not available but the lack on communication.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Chris Marshall - 17-Jun-2017

Definitely frustrating. We know it was developed because of the leak about beta functionality. I guess they may have found some problem, or just still be waiting for Devialet pr spin.

I can now see why Roon don't like giving visibility of future developments as it does seem to create some negative feelings when expected things don't happen. Of course this time it was their error at Munich that caused it.

I changed my setup to ROCK in anticipation of this and have been using my Sonos for the last month or so whilst waiting for AIR integration. ?

Roon supports Devialet AIR - samsoum - 18-Jun-2017

https://www.facebook.com/stereo.hifi.magazine/posts/490271544652987:0
: )

Macbook pro -roon-tidal-Devialet200 frw 10.1.0-power cord burmester: vde reg nr9990
Spkr cables: acoustic zen satori
Speakers:wilson audio sabrina