Devialet Chat
Roon supports Devialet AIR - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Roon supports Devialet AIR (/Thread-Roon-supports-Devialet-AIR)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - BoyScout - 06-Jul-2017

Sorry guys,

But it is not supposed to be able to leave the laptop aside with the new OS board?
Explain me, please...

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - petrik - 06-Jul-2017

(06-Jul-2017, 17:41)BoyScout Wrote: Sorry guys,

But it is not supposed to be able to leave the laptop aside with the new OS board?
Explain me, please...

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think Chris only said that the OS board is not going to have any features related to the Roon. The Roon integration will be released before the OS board and as a separate feature.

No one (except Devialet & Roon of course) knows how exactly this Roon integration will work.

(06-Jul-2017, 17:32)GuillaumeB Wrote: So we are saying that Roon on my sT will now use AIR to talk to my Devialet?

Yes, that is the most likely scenario in my opinion. At least this picture suggests that Roon Nucleus would be able to stream to Devialet by using the Devialet AIR.

[Image: 52017roon4.jpg]

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4267

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Chris Marshall - 06-Jul-2017

Thanks Petrik

Yes, you explained it better than me! That is what I discussed today, Roon would communicate with Devialet expert using a built in AIR driver.

I just hope we don't have to wait too long!

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - mdconnelly - 06-Jul-2017

What has me puzzled is that if Roon will implement streaming to the Devialet without the need for Devialet's AIR software installed, then how does that make Devialet a Roon Partner (as was shown in the video)? I'm just being curious here. I'm quite excited to see what is ultimately revealed.

The does beg the question still... what will the new Devialet OS board bring to the party? Interesting times ahead...

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - SwissBear - 06-Jul-2017

Waiting for this new solution... has anybody tested the influence of replacing the SPSU of the WiFi router used to stream to the Devialet by a good quality LPSU ?

I made two tests: 
  • one with a standard HDPlex powering my MacMini and the WiFi router used to stream to the Devialet: in this configuration, I noticed a clear improvement of the reliability of the streaming to the Devialet. The transparency was on par with if not superior to the SOtM sMS-200 + Mutec MC-3+ USB I also have installed 
  • then with a recently received Paul Hynes SR7 LPSU: in this configuration, not only does the reliability of streaming through AIR 3.0.4 remain very good, but the noise floor decreases significantly, at the same time than the transparency and the level of audible details increases drastically. In this configuration, streaming with Roon/AIR is significantly better on my system than sMS-200 + Mutec.
I expect these observations to remain unchanged with new to be announced direct interface.

These observations will probably help me avoid the temptation of upgrading my sMS-200 to the sMS-200 Ultra, as well as buying a Ref10 from Mutec. Nice savings.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 06-Jul-2017

(06-Jul-2017, 18:53)mdconnelly Wrote: What has me puzzled is that if Roon will implement streaming to the Devialet without the need for Devialet's AIR software installed, then how does that make Devialet a Roon Partner (as was shown in the video)?  

Unless the AIR specification is open to the public, I guess you'd either have to collaborate, or reverse engineer it?

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - mdconnelly - 06-Jul-2017

Hopefully, they collaborated. But I believe Roon handled the interface to enable Squeezebox devices as endpoints on their own with great success, so it wouldn't surprise me if Roon did the same with Devialet AIR. Hopefully, we'll hear soon.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Alec_eiffel - 06-Jul-2017

Correct me if I am wrong but I guess this Roon embedded Devialet Air driver will be limited to dedicated hardware/OS like ROCK ? On a PC I don't see how Roon could stream to a Devialet without installing a Windows driver for it. I also do not see the interest to do so : i have Roon on my Windows 10 HTPC with Devialet Air driver (WASAPI) and it works flawlessly, so I really don't see what could the benefit in this case.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Kwan - 07-Jul-2017

(06-Jul-2017, 21:51)SwissBear Wrote: Waiting for this new solution... has anybody tested the influence of replacing the SPSU of the WiFi router used to stream to the Devialet by a good quality LPSU ?

I made two tests: 
  • one with a standard HDPlex powering my MacMini and the WiFi router used to stream to the Devialet: in this configuration, I noticed a clear improvement of the reliability of the streaming to the Devialet. The transparency was on par with if not superior to the SOtM sMS-200 + Mutec MC-3+ USB I also have installed 
  • then with a recently received Paul Hynes SR7 LPSU: in this configuration, not only does the reliability of streaming through AIR 3.0.4 remain very good, but the noise floor decreases significantly, at the same time than the transparency and the level of audible details increases drastically. In this configuration, streaming with Roon/AIR is significantly better on my system than sMS-200 + Mutec.
I expect these observations to remain unchanged with new to be announced direct interface.

These observations will probably help me avoid the temptation of upgrading my sMS-200 to the sMS-200 Ultra, as well as buying a Ref10 from Mutec. Nice savings.

I also have sotm sMS-200 + Mutec MC-3+ USB, NUC Roon server with LPS, dedicated switch, then through FMC connect to sms-200, sms-200 & the fiber box close to sms-200 are powered by Uptone JS-2 LPS.

Streaming through Devialet Air and the FMC is very listenable, tonal is slightly warmer, relax and imaging is slightly bigger, feels like it's more tolerate. but little hardness in some treble area. While SOtM sMS-200 + Mutec MC-3+ USB is little more 3D and in focus, and without the occasional treble hardness.

So I prefer SOtM sMS-200 + Mutec MC-3+ USB on my system, while I can imagine Devialet Air is preferred by others on different system.

Roon supports Devialet AIR - Chris Marshall - 07-Jul-2017

(06-Jul-2017, 23:52)Alec_eiffel Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong but I guess this Roon embedded Devialet Air driver will be limited to dedicated hardware/OS like OS ? On a PC I don't see how Roon could stream to a Devialet without installing a Windows driver for it. I also do not see the interest to do so : i have Roon on my Windows 10 HTPC with Devialet Air driver (WASAPI) and it works flawlessly, so I really don't see what could the benefit in this case.

Hi

I may have misused the word driver. AIR is a network protocol so I think it's possible to communicate without a windows driver, just like Roon do for RAAT devices?

That's what I understand anyway!

Cheers

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk