Devialet Chat
Roon supports Devialet AIR - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Roon supports Devialet AIR (/Thread-Roon-supports-Devialet-AIR)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 13-Jul-2017

It's very early days I know, but I made a suggestion to Roon about the volume control having a user-defined upper limit. To me it's too sensitive and too easy to go to max volume, and I'd be scared to let a friend or whatever do it accidentally through Roon. -20 is loud in my setup. No idea what +30 would do if someone tapped the right hand side of the slider.

I know it can be disabled but I'd love to use it. Perhaps I'm just too cautious!!!?

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/devialet-volume-control-limits/28200

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - thumb5 - 13-Jul-2017

Slightly OT but given the problems with the Pro remote control it would make me a lot happier if the amp itself had a configurable volume limit.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 13-Jul-2017

Not wishing to go further OT but I must have missed that one - what's the issue?

The advantage of having it in Roon is it would be a hell of a lot easier to adjust....

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - AaronG - 13-Jul-2017

A little crackling on one channel while playing a DSD 64 recording. Not too worried, but a little worried.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - K4680 - 13-Jul-2017

Just got the mail with the personal code for Roon Shy

Roon supports Devialet AIR - Emerald - 13-Jul-2017

Just received a 3 months trial voucher code via email from Devialet for Roon and roon recognised that I was a devialet user. Pretty cool.

[Image: 45d10126d6ecf26c66ff6943c6643be6.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - BoyScout - 13-Jul-2017

(13-Jul-2017, 11:54)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I've added a thank you on Devialet's site in the streamerboard section (for want of a better place) for them working with Roon to add native AIR.

I'd suggest perhaps anyone else that's excited by the news, and the relationship, does similar.  They do deserve some thanks here I feel. Hopefully this building of relationships and adding customer-requested features continues.

I´m completely with you, Hifi. It´s, from you or others with the same kind of attitude (like me...), synonymous of coherence.
Congrats.

(13-Jul-2017, 13:11)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Not wishing to go further OT but I must have missed that one - what's the issue?

This, if you replace "drop" with "increase".

(13-Jul-2017, 13:11)Hifi_swlon Wrote: The advantage of having it in Roon is it would be a hell of a lot easier to adjust....
Agreed!

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - BoyScout - 13-Jul-2017

I have not yet a NAS or NUC storage.
I´m listening from my laptop.
There´s any advantage to get Roon in this situation?
Can i do the same from an IPad, without any sound quality loss? Or both?
What i need to do?
Sorry guys...

(13-Jul-2017, 14:37)BoyScout Wrote: I have not yet a NAS or NUC storage.
I´m listening from my laptop.
There´s any advantage to get Roon in this situation?
Can i do the same from an IPad, without any sound quality loss? Or both?
What i need to do?
Sorry guys...

To keep it short and sweet...

You can install Roon on your laptop and then play via your Expert amp without using the Devialet AIR driver.  You can control Roon (to select what music to play, control volume, etc.) using the Roon UI on your laptop and/or on an iPad.

There are at least two possible advantages to this set-up:

1) you like the Roon UI and the capabilities it gives you to access your music, with extensive metadata and links between artists, composers, etc.

2) the direct playback mechanism from Roon to the Devialet may prove to be more reliable than using the AIR driver software on your laptop

You don't need a NAS or an NUC to benefit from Roon.