Devialet Chat
Roon supports Devialet AIR - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Roon supports Devialet AIR (/Thread-Roon-supports-Devialet-AIR)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - thumb5 - 13-Jul-2017

That does sound like strange behaviour. Sorry, I don't think I can help - perhaps best to talk directly to Roon support?

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - BoyScout - 13-Jul-2017

(13-Jul-2017, 23:15)thumb5 Wrote: That does sound like strange behaviour.  Sorry, I don't think I can help - perhaps best to talk directly to Roon support?

Yes, that´s what pretend to do. Thanks a lot, anyway.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - blair.athol - 13-Jul-2017

Wow... works perfectly on my system (from Mac and iPad) after disabling the Devialet Air app on my Mac since Roon now has implemented this directly!
Great step forward!

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - baddog - 13-Jul-2017

@BoyScout - I see you have both WIFI and Ethernet enabled for your Devialet. I don't know if this will help, but can you disable the WIFI and just leave the Ethernet one enabled? 

Also disable, System Output, Built in Output and Devialet AIR.

And seeing "Devialet AIR" makes me wonder if you still have the Devialet (not Roon) AIR driver installed in your Mac? 

You can download "[url=@BoyScout - I see you have both WIFI and Ethernet enabled for your Devialet. I don't know if this will help, but can you disable the WIFI and just leave the Ethernet one enabled?   Also disable, System Output, Built in Output and Devialet AIR.  And seeing "Devialet AIR" makes me wonder if you still have the Devialet (not Roon) AIR driver installed in your Mac?   You can download "CCleaner" for free and have it completely uninstall the AIR driver supplied by Devialet.  https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner-mac]CCleaner[/url]" for free and have it completely uninstall the AIR driver supplied by Devialet.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner-mac

From the screenshot I have attached you can see I only have one item enabled on my system.

Roon supports Devialet AIR - LBameule - 14-Jul-2017

Just some lines to comment on issues affecting me but that may help others.

First of all, my setup: up to now I'm running Roon with HQPlayer (poly-sin-ext, NS9, DSD passes through directly, PCM is taken to 176/192) through a mRendu directly into the USB input of my D220 Pro. I'm applying convolution to take care of at least some characteristics of my room.

Everything went fine when connecting Roon directly to the D via Ethernet. I even used my .wav convolution files in Roon, although I think that HQP took better care of the room issues. Now, Roon directly did appear to sound "with more air" and a bit better instrument definition and placement soundstage wise. But it depended a lot on the record I was playing. I played a number of songs of songs, no issues whatsoever, until I got to playing DSD: applying convolution to DSD was a little too much for my MacBook Pro 2008 and had gaps, dropouts and strange noises until I increased the delay in Roon, until I simply disabled convolution altogether. It sounded fine then, of course, no issues whatsoever, but it then again, I had lost convolution.

My take is that it works really well, but requires a newish computer with real horsepower to take full advantage of everything Roon offers. Going back to using Roon + HQP + mRendu, the impact of the convolution was evident, and in fact I didn't feel there was much of a difference (trying to leave the convolution effect aside) between both paths available to me right now. Of course YMMV, this is just my experience.

Enjoy, Roon has really helped us out here, and everything is for the better. Cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Wdw - 14-Jul-2017

Gotta say, this is a marvelous upgrade coming from ROON and Devialet.
Have recently installed a ROON ROCK serving directly to the dCS Bridge and in early and short order comparisons the differences are audible but very subtle...the absense of the Bridge, while aubilbly better, would not be noticed when listening to the seriously good music this new "air" is doing.
In this scenario the use of a linux based NUC, solely dedicated to ROON, is the larger actor (A computer intentionly made to mimic the IQ of a frog)
Pity the poor souls who don't have Devialet in house to hear what's up.
Best

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Jan - 14-Jul-2017

(13-Jul-2017, 08:51)no32 Wrote: How good does it sound ?
How is it with compare to external streamers like totldac aurender linn etc ?

I have a aurender n10 and Roon sound is now equal or even better than the aurender 
I think this is the best update in years .
I can hear more air in the highs on my Bowers 803 d3 and Devialet 1000 pro.
The core is running on a synologie 960 and is really fast with 5000 albums.
Thank you Roon and Devialet !!!

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - stef74500 - 14-Jul-2017

Hi there,

Quick question: Does ROON support QOBUZ ? I am using Audirvana which manages my local music as well as Qobuz stream. I am wondering whether I should go for ROON.

Thank you
Regards,
Stephane

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - thumb5 - 14-Jul-2017

(14-Jul-2017, 07:44)stef74500 Wrote: Quick question: Does ROON support QOBUZ ?

No, it doesn't.  As far as I know, the only streaming service Roon supports is Tidal.

That said, I use Qobuz (and not Tidal) and still really enjoy using Roon to play music from my own library.

RE: Roon now supports Devialet AIR natively ! - Georgethesixth - 14-Jul-2017

(13-Jul-2017, 10:27)Waiski Wrote: Does this work also in linux?

Yes.  Heart