Devialet Chat
Roon supports Devialet AIR - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Roon supports Devialet AIR (/Thread-Roon-supports-Devialet-AIR)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - K4680 - 15-Jul-2017

Hello friends, i still have a problem with Roon! Apart from the beautiful app and the many information about the songs, I have to my present configuration (Kazzo, Lumin, Melco, Tidal) discovered nothing which would justify the price of Roon. Perhaps ea is because of my behavior with the music listening, I put with the iPad my song selection together press the play button and that was it!
Perhaps I have still what overlook? Sad

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - rchinn - 15-Jul-2017

One more technical support question. I have increased the Buffer size to 3000ms, and tracks play smoothly, but occasionally Roon will just stop, like the track is paused and it doesn't start again, it just hangs.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - petrik - 15-Jul-2017

(15-Jul-2017, 10:44)K4680 Wrote: Hello friends, i still have a problem with Roon! Apart from the beautiful app and the many information about the songs, I have to my present configuration (Kazzo, Lumin, Melco, Tidal) discovered nothing which would justify the price of Roon. Perhaps ea is because of my behavior with the music listening, I put with the iPad my song selection together press the play button and that was it!

Have you already tried the Roon's DSP engine? I am doing upsampling and convolution (room correction) with it and it's great.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - thumb5 - 15-Jul-2017

(15-Jul-2017, 10:44)K4680 Wrote: Hello friends, i still have a problem with Roon! Apart from the beautiful app and the many information about the songs, I have to my present configuration (Kazzo, Lumin, Melco, Tidal) discovered nothing which would justify the price of Roon. Perhaps ea is because of my behavior with the music listening, I put with the iPad my song selection together press the play button and that was it!

From a technical point of view, one thing Roon provides that you might not already have is the ability to group players into zones (rather like Sonos has done all along).  Normally each zone corresponds to a different room.  This means you can either play separate music in any number of rooms, or play the same music in multiple rooms, or some combination in between.  The good (and tricky) part is that when you group zones, playback is synchronised so you don't hear "echos" if you are within earshot of both zones.

Whether that's something you'd find useful or compelling, and to what extent it justifies the price, only you can judge.

For myself, knowing how much effort goes into building well-designed and reliable software, and given that the market for "high quality music players" is probably not that large, I think the price of Roon is very reasonable.  I see it as a long-term investment in something that has already given me a lot of pleasure.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - ogs - 15-Jul-2017

(14-Jul-2017, 13:57)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I wasn't looking for a difference in sound quality. I was just trying out how Roon works. But it immediately sounded fuller and more rounded off in the highs. Others have mentioned the same on the Roon community forum so I'm not alone here. Just to give you some perspective; I've tried different USB cables, regenerators and enhancing software before and never really felt it did much if anything at all. This with Roon was obvious right from the get go.

As to how I have no idea.

Your description mirrors my experience. The Roon connection is very good indeed. I use the Mutec re-clocker in my normal connection and it is clearly better, but as others have said I think I could live with Roon's version of AIR streaming. Such a clean setup!

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - K4680 - 15-Jul-2017

(15-Jul-2017, 11:02)thumb5 Wrote:

From a technical point of view, one thing Roon provides that you might not already have is the ability to group players into zones (rather like Sonos has done all along).  Normally each zone corresponds to a different room.  This means you can either play separate music in any number of rooms, or play the same music in multiple rooms, or some combination in between.  The good (and tricky) part is that when you group zones, playback is synchronised so you don't hear "echos" if you are within earshot of both zones.

Whether that's something you'd find useful or compelling, and to what extent it justifies the price, only you can judge.

For myself, knowing how much effort goes into building well-designed and reliable software, and given that the market for "high quality music players" is probably not that large, I think the price of Roon is very reasonable.  I see it as a long-term investment in something that has already given me a lot of pleasure.

Hello friends, thank you for your suggestions.
Here my constellation:
Room 8x5 meters, optimized with fast audio modules / no different zones, no Sonos ..... Shy

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - thumb5 - 15-Jul-2017

[In reply to Pim and ogs...] I agree, it sounds very good indeed. Not sure whether I can decide it sounds better than "old-style" AIR, but it is good not to have any worries about even infrequent drop-outs, and perhaps that adds sub-consciously to the listening experience.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 15-Jul-2017

(15-Jul-2017, 10:45)rchinn Wrote: One more technical support question. I have increased the Buffer size to 3000ms, and tracks play smoothly, but occasionally Roon will just stop, like the track is paused and it doesn't start again, it just hangs.

You're probably on the wrong site for technical support Wink

But 3000ms is a huge buffer. I'd be inclined to start looking at your network....

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - agentsmith - 15-Jul-2017

I am having occasional drop outs.

My network is all wired with CAT6 UTP running 1Gbps.

Server is Macmini with internal 500GB SSD, music is in 4TB external Thunderbolt and USB drives.

Any advice on the best way to tune and optimize the network?

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 15-Jul-2017

(15-Jul-2017, 12:04)agentsmith Wrote: I am having occasional drop outs.

My network is all wired with CAT6 UTP running 1Gbps.

Server is Macmini with internal 500GB SSD, music is in 4TB external Thunderbolt and USB drives.

Any advice on the best way to tune and optimize the network?

What's your setup? What sort of files are you playing? Have you tried increasing the buffer? Did AIR run fine previously?