Devialet Chat
Roon supports Devialet AIR - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Roon supports Devialet AIR (/Thread-Roon-supports-Devialet-AIR)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Alec_eiffel - 16-Jul-2017

(16-Jul-2017, 21:38)ismarketing Wrote: So so happy with how this sounds. MUCH more open, dynamic and resolving than Roon controlling a Sonore Micro Rendu (now for sale here).

One bit of help - I can see the volume slider on my iPhone, but it does nothing when moved. I can't see/find it at all on my Nexus 7. The Roon apps and all else is up to date, and I have Devialet 120.

Any ideas?  Thanks, and congrats to Roon and Devialet on this collaboration.

Strange, the volume slider of my D200 is working just fine with Roon on my iPhone.
Maybe go to Settings / Audio / Device Setup of your Devialet, and check that "External volume control is set to "None", "Hide volume control in Roon" is set to "No" and that your apps are up to date.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - ismarketing - 17-Jul-2017

Remote volume issue solved. I forgot to turn on remote control app access in the Dev configurator. Once I did that everything was fine.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Will - 17-Jul-2017

(15-Jul-2017, 12:52)Will Wrote:
(15-Jul-2017, 07:50)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(15-Jul-2017, 07:45)Will Wrote: Quite simply - I am experiencing similar problems as with Devialet Air - intermittent crackling - perhaps not as severe or as frequent as Devialet Air, but I have only listened to about four hours worth of music so far!  I think the sound quality is fantastic - so I hope it is resolved.  The second comment is a conclusion (perhaps wrong) based on my observation.  I am not the only one to report this - as a similar (if more tentative) observation has reported on the Roon discussion forum. 

I do not experience similar problems with other wifi audio services such as Bluesound and Google Chromecast.

I've also heard some crackling at times but every time it happens I know it is because i've just made some change that asks too much of the processor. It's not white noise though, just the odd crackle. Roon makes it quite clear in their manuals that Roon requires a LOT of processing power and that if you don't have that, there will be trouble.

Have you tried increasing the buffer? I just increased it to 1 second. So far not a crackle.
Thanks Pim, I will give it a go.  I do like the sound of Roon - it is as least as good as Devialet AIR.  And I can live with an occasional crackle - after all I did used to listen to vinyl  Big Grin   I just I hope I can get it to work!
After contemplating Pim's suggestion - I had an epiphany - which was so obvious that I wondered why I hadn't thought of it before - and feel quite silly having to admit it.   I had forgotten about Ethernet connection!  I already had a spare Ethernet power connector (my router is in another room).  I did a check of the Devialet advice and that my configuration was OK (which it was). It took me about ten minutes to set up - and everything is working well and sounding wonderful. 

With this problem solved, I suspect I will end up becoming a Roonite.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Saunter - 17-Jul-2017

Has anyone compared the integrated Roon/Air driver against the old one going through JPlay to their Devialet ?

I spent a bit of time listening yesterday comparing the two routes and i reckon that Roon/Air integrated offers a little more bass but going through JPlay with the old driver gives a little more holography and refinement. Voices seem a touch more present.

The differences are small but they are there. Or i have a good imagination.

The integrated driver won't let you go through JPlay and then to the Devialet. At least i don't think so as i can't make it work that way.

I also use Fidelizer to open Roon in either case.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 17-Jul-2017

So Confused, are you a fully fledged Rooney now?

I thought previously you were still on the fence with iTunes, but your more recent posts feel like those of a convert?

RE: Roon now supports Devialet AIR natively ! - bernardl - 17-Jul-2017

I have discovered Roon with this upgrade and the experience through ethernet has been flawless.

I am very impressed by Roon, the flexibility to find music and add tags is pretty much what I had dreamt of!

Cheers,
Bernard

RE: Roon now supports Devialet AIR natively ! - Hifi_swlon - 17-Jul-2017

(17-Jul-2017, 12:38)bernardl Wrote: I have discovered Roon with this upgrade and the experience through ethernet has been flawless.

I am very impressed by Roon, the flexibility to find music and add tags is pretty much what I had dreamt of!

Cheers,
Bernard

Definitely a nice bit of feedback for Roon (if you haven't posted it on their forum already).

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - ogs - 17-Jul-2017

(17-Jul-2017, 09:18)Hifi_swlon Wrote: So Confused, are you a fully fledged Rooney now?

I thought previously you were still on the fence with iTunes, but your more recent posts feel like those of a convert?

Not Confused Big Grin , but I am also a paying Roon user now. I did not go for lifetime yet though. OT Q.. have you tested a Pi + the Allo Digione?

I've used Roon's AIR for a couple of days. Sound quality is good, but what really impresses me is the fact that there is real time feedback to Roon if I for example flip 'Invert' or use tone controls.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Confused - 17-Jul-2017

(17-Jul-2017, 09:18)Hifi_swlon Wrote: So Confused, are you a fully fledged Rooney now?

Fully fledged Rooney?  Not me!  No. 

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Roon and the recent AIR integration is superb, but Roon remains only a part of my music serving software life.

Currently I use iTunes, JRiver and Roon, depending on exactly what I am doing.  Without going into too much detail, iTunes remains the key to my personal library management, individual track ratings, creating playlists etc.  Roon can read the playlists, integrate with HQPlayer, so is king for looking nice and sounding good.  On top of all this, I sometimes play a vinyl record on my gramophone thingy.  I never was one for keeping it simple!  Sad

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 17-Jul-2017

(17-Jul-2017, 12:57)ogs Wrote: OT Q.. have you tested a Pi + the Allo Digione?

I've used Roon's AIR for a couple of days. Sound quality is good, but what really impresses me is the fact that there is real time feedback  to Roon if I  for example flip 'Invert' or use tone controls.

See here for the digiOne. (Start at the end if you just want the summary!)
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4361&pid=63940#pid63940

Yeah, for a 'day one' release, it's not too bad! We wouldn't expect anything less of course....