Devialet Chat
Roon supports Devialet AIR - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Roon supports Devialet AIR (/Thread-Roon-supports-Devialet-AIR)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - ogs - 17-Jul-2017

Thanks. I still find find the sound via the Mutec to be overall better than AIR, but a part of the mid range is a tad better with Roon's AIR. I'd connect the DigiOne to a BNC input on the Mutec. Hopefully the Core Infinity board will be better than all of this! If they can agree on RAAT for the streamer board.... or maybe Mutec decides it is time for ethernet and RAAT.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - kerkhoffd - 17-Jul-2017

Interested to hear from Confused how he rates SQ of Air and Roon compared to the Aurender N10. I think I will love the functionality of Roon, but SQ comes first for me.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Confused - 17-Jul-2017

(17-Jul-2017, 19:36)kerkhoffd Wrote: Interested to hear from Confused how he rates SQ of Air and Roon compared to the Aurender N10. I think I will love the functionality of Roon, but SQ comes first for me.

Ah, kerkhoffd, I really wish I could give a detailed and accurate answer to this one Shy , but although I listened to Roon integrated AIR yesterday, it has been quite a long time since I have listened to an Aurender N10, so if I tried to give a detailed response to this, I would be making it up to be honest.

What I can say is that in the past I have listened to the N10 with both the D800 and the 1000 Pro.  Based on now fairly distant memories, the N10 + 1000 Pro combination was superb.  I am now using the microRendu + Mutec MC3+USB, which I also like a lot, but again, I cannot be sure exactly how this compares to the N10, I have never listened to them both on the same day and in the same place.  My best guess is that the N10 betters the microRendu + Mutec, but I am not 100% sure.  What I can say is that the microRendu + Mutec just betters the Roon integrated AIR, to my ears in my system, but as I posted a couple of days ago, I was genuinely surprised just how small the margin was between the two.  I do plan to revisit auditioning some 'front end' options in the near future.  I love the 1000 Pro, and I think it could benefit from the best possible source, within a sensible budget that is.  (I just can't get beyond the price of the dCS Vivaldi Upsampler + Clock, £24k in the UK)  Although my current plan is to wait and see exactly what the new OS Board can do before I make my move.  I am more than happy with my current set-up, plus there is some interesting new options hitting the market, the ultraRendu, the Mutec REF10, the reference clock enabled sMS-200Ultra, the new Auralic G2, and many more.  Even without the waiting for the OS Board, I think this is a good time to sit on the fence and wait for a few reports on the newer kit to surface.

RE: Roon now supports Devialet AIR natively ! - MightyMart - 18-Jul-2017

Does anyone know if this works with the non-Pro models too?

RE: Roon now supports Devialet AIR natively ! - disarmamant - 18-Jul-2017

(18-Jul-2017, 09:02)MightyMart Wrote: Does anyone know if this works with the non-Pro models too?
Yes it does.

- Detailed display of signal path quality
- Dynamic control of Expert and Expert Pro (Volume, EQ, Start, Standby mode...)
- Full remote control thanks to Roon Remote app
... And many more features

RE: Roon now supports Devialet AIR natively ! - Zappydev - 18-Jul-2017

(18-Jul-2017, 09:14)disarmamant Wrote:
(18-Jul-2017, 09:02)MightyMart Wrote: Does anyone know if this works with the non-Pro models too?
Yes it does.

Actually, you can control the volume, but not the EQ (aka treble & bass) and L-R balance. Roon lets you see those values, but to change them you still need the Devialet remote. 

Nevertheless, I find this to be a wonderful combination.

RE: Roon now supports Devialet AIR natively ! - disarmamant - 18-Jul-2017

(18-Jul-2017, 10:57)Zappydev Wrote:
(18-Jul-2017, 09:14)disarmamant Wrote:
Yes it does.

Actually, you can control the volume, but not the EQ (aka treble & bass) and L-R balance. Roon lets you see those values, but to change them you still need the Devialet remote. 

Nevertheless, I find this to be a wonderful combination.

I snipped those quotes from the Devialet press release, and yes they made a mistake about the EQ control.

I turned off the volume control with Roon as it's far too easy to inadvertantly increase the volume to a high level on tablet or phone.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - kerkhoffd - 18-Jul-2017

(17-Jul-2017, 21:53)Confused Wrote:
(17-Jul-2017, 19:36)kerkhoffd Wrote: Interested to hear from Confused how he rates SQ of Air and Roon compared to the Aurender N10. I think I will love the functionality of Roon, but SQ comes first for me.

Ah, kerkhoffd, I really wish I could give a detailed and accurate answer to this one Shy , but although I listened to Roon integrated AIR yesterday, it has been quite a long time since I have listened to an Aurender N10, so if I tried to give a detailed response to this, I would be making it up to be honest.

What I can say is that in the past I have listened to the N10 with both the D800 and the 1000 Pro.  Based on now fairly distant memories, the N10 + 1000 Pro combination was superb.  I am now using the microRendu + Mutec MC3+USB, which I also like a lot, but again, I cannot be sure exactly how this compares to the N10, I have never listened to them both on the same day and in the same place.  My best guess is that the N10 betters the microRendu + Mutec, but I am not 100% sure.  What I can say is that the microRendu + Mutec just betters the Roon integrated AIR, to my ears in my system, but as I posted a couple of days ago, I was genuinely surprised just how small the margin was between the two.  I do plan to revisit auditioning some 'front end' options in the near future.  I love the 1000 Pro, and I think it could benefit from the best possible source, within a sensible budget that is.  (I just can't get beyond the price of the dCS Vivaldi Upsampler + Clock, £24k in the UK)  Although my current plan is to wait and see exactly what the new OS Board can do before I make my move.  I am more than happy with my current set-up, plus there is some interesting new options hitting the market, the ultraRendu, the Mutec REF10, the reference clock enabled sMS-200Ultra, the new Auralic G2, and many more.  Even without the waiting for the OS Board, I think this is a good time to sit on the fence and wait for a few reports on the newer kit to surface.

So true Confused. Thank you for answering! I will have several months ahead before I am in a position to buy whatever front-end will better my current Linn Akurate DS. As I use Qobuz, that is a factor for me too. Will be interesting to follow all new products being released. The DCS is not an option for me. Dare not listen to it. The upsampler alone is above budget, let alone with clock. I will wait it out, but man these are interesting times.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - MightyMart - 18-Jul-2017

So, Devialet is going for both AIR with ROON AND a streamer card of their own AND the first mentioned for both old and new models? I must say I find it all a bit confusing.

Why on earth would I want a streamer card by Devialet when I already now can have the best streamer interface on the market (ROON) via AIR...?

Let me add I have not upgraded my D 400 to 440. I bought a Torus RM 16 instead. That desicion seems to be making more and more sense since I thought ROON integration would require Pro. Happy to be wrong about that!

My D 400 sounds absolutely spectacular with the Torus in the mix.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - baddog - 18-Jul-2017

@MightyMart -

Well if nothing else, one would get better WIFI capabilities with the streamer card, and support for a faster ethernet connection. Which given your situation you might not need, nor desire.

The other capabilities noted on various threads will be of interest to some but not all. If you are happy with what you have than that is a wonderful place to be in. I too have found value in having a power conditioner in my system.