Devialet Chat
Roon supports Devialet AIR - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Roon supports Devialet AIR (/Thread-Roon-supports-Devialet-AIR)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - tategoi - 18-Jul-2017

It must be the Bit-Perfect Asynchronus Mode that makes the Roon-Air sounds so good.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - f1eng - 18-Jul-2017

I have downloaded the Roon trial.
Can't say I like the interface much, very like my Sooloos Control 15 which sounds great but I don't like using.
The notes about the music are probably a valuable distraction if the music is awful and it takes your mind off it Wink
Not tried it much yet though but since Qobuz aren't playing with them and on balance I prefer playing the CD or LP to streaming from the computer if I own the music, even to the extent I have burned a couple of 24/96 files to 16/44 CDs so I can listen to them as CDs...

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Jantje BEton - 18-Jul-2017

(18-Jul-2017, 21:19)f1eng Wrote: I have downloaded the Roon trial.
Can't say I like the interface much, very like my Sooloos Control 15 which sounds great but I don't like using.
The notes about the music are probably a valuable distraction if the music is awful and it takes your mind off it Wink
Not tried it much yet though but since Qobuz aren't playing with them and on balance I prefer playing the CD or LP to streaming from the computer if I own the music, even to the extent I have burned a couple of 24/96 files to 16/44 CDs so I can listen to them as CDs...

I asked and received my trial refund, nice behavior of Roon.

IMHO the SQ of Air (J River) and Roon is the same but even when you buy every update of J River it's much cheaper.

I explained to the guys of Roon what I disliked, I feel much the same as f1eng:
  • I'm missing about 100 albums (out of 2600). I checked this by running a PHP script using the ID3 functions to confirm this
  • I'm missing Genre's (51 Roon compared to 62 using PHP)
  • Genre tags are dynamically/virtually added by Roon while they are not defined on the file while I configured "from file" instead of "from ROON" in the settings
  • I control everything from an iPad. I dislike horizontal scrolling, all my appps use vertical scrolling. I couldn't find a setting to adjust this behavior to my liking.
  • Lyrics that are stored on the files (LYRICS tag) are not preferred. Lyrics are always found at the Internet (aka a public Internet connection is needed).
  • The size of the graphics of the album covers are not sizeable. Because of this too few album are shown on a Ipad screen.
  • To much information is displayed by default which makes the screen cluttered. Information should be available on demand only (like Roon lyrics).
  • I've organized my 40000 tracks / 2600 albums heavenly if not only on ALBUMARTIS. Roon "Artist" is organized on (TRACK)ARTIST. Because of this views not always show me what I'm expecting.
  • I prefer to use my iPad in a portrait orientation which is not possible with the Roon app.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - sam1000 - 19-Jul-2017

has anyone noticed that the Devialet unit gets very hot after using Roon-Air for an hour or two?

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Pim - 19-Jul-2017

(19-Jul-2017, 07:19)sam1000 Wrote: has anyone noticed that the Devialet unit gets very hot after using Roon-Air for an hour or two?

That's because you enjoy the music so much you keep cranking it up  Tongue

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - ogs - 19-Jul-2017

(19-Jul-2017, 07:19)sam1000 Wrote: has anyone noticed that the Devialet unit gets very hot after using Roon-Air for an hour or two?

Can't say I have. I'll check this afternoon.
I have used Roon's AIR for several days now. After recently adjusting how my 250 Pro hangs on the wall and carefully tightened the four screws (just a half turn in my case) on the central part of the bottom plate the temps lowered  quite a lot. (A amp went down from over 60 to around 45 degrees).

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Sylvain27 - 19-Jul-2017

Hello,
I can hear cracking (I am not sure it is the right word, sometimes it is similar to WHITE NOISE...) streaming with Roon Devialet Air (more or less once in 15 minutes), Devialet Expert 800 connected with ethernet cable to PC Windows 10.
When I look at the logfiles, I always have these lines during cracking :
07/19 11:40:25 Info: [stats] 1892mb Virtual, 687mb Physical, 401mb Managed, 1163 Handles, 46 Threads
07/19 11:40:25 Debug: [transport/devialet] NAK[131]
07/19 11:40:25 Debug: [transport/devialet] NAK[172]
07/19 11:40:26 Debug: [transport/devialet] NAK[146]
07/19 11:40:26 Debug: [transport/devialet] NAK[130]
07/19 11:40:26 Debug: [transport/devialet] NAK[66]
07/19 11:40:26 Trace: [prebuffer] status 960000/960000 (100%) @ 183/501 sec
07/19 11:40:26 Debug: [transport/devialet] NAK[50]
07/19 11:40:26 Debug: [transport/devialet] NAK[34]
07/19 11:40:26 Debug: [transport/devialet] NAK[1]
07/19 11:40:31 Trace: [prebuffer] status 960000/960000 (100%) @ 189/501 sec
I did not notice these lines : Debug: [transport/devialet] NAK[...] when there is no cracking.

Did someone else have the same problem (cracking) and the same lines in RoonServer log files?

I asked for help on Roon Community forum.
It seems that horrible and famous "DEVIALET WHITE NOISE PROBLEM" is not dead  Angry .

Best regards,
Sylvain

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 19-Jul-2017

Roon are aware of those lines. I've had them for a while and not had any dropouts.
But that said last night I experienced a few dropouts for the first time. I didn't have logs open or note times so can't correlate. I'm also going to play with buffers if it happens again. All my devices are happy with default but maybe AIR needs a little extra.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Bruno - 19-Jul-2017

Hi guys,
Just a humble feedback :

Devialet Air integration in Roon is a big problem for me : it works perfectly (via Ethernet). Why does it raise a concern ? Because I am used to streaming from the Naim HDX server via toslink and it's always been fine. In order to try Roon I made a basic installation ie I put the Roon core on my macbook and stream from my hdx backup located on a NAS (Synology). Roon provides a much better "ecosystem" than Naim (metadata although lame for classical music, interactivity with biographies, discography, pictures, lyrics...). So at the end of the day, the HDX appears to be quite expensive for a ripper ! It's gonna be a challenge for the guys at Naim to enhance the environment and offer Roons level of interactivity. Does anyone know if the n-serve app will be improved in the future ?

The fact is that that both of them have to focus on the accuracy of the contents eg : if you check Belá Bartók biography on Roon you are going to be quite disappointed. Let's say it is the beginning of a fantastic piece of work for contributors and musicologists !

And the inevitable off-topic point (no offense intended) : with the latest devialet firmware, SAM is now on, 100%.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - petrik - 19-Jul-2017

(19-Jul-2017, 11:30)Sylvain27 Wrote: Did someone else have the same problem (cracking) and the same lines in RoonServer log files?

Unfortunately I am experiencing the same problem. I got similar lines on my RoonServer's log files but I have no idea are those lines related to the problem...