Devialet Chat
Roon supports Devialet AIR - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Roon supports Devialet AIR (/Thread-Roon-supports-Devialet-AIR)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Axel - 20-Jul-2017

(20-Jul-2017, 02:39)baddog Wrote: Anecdotally and perhaps otherwise, some would state that leaving it off will provide the maximum aural benefit. Full power ahead! Which may well be true.

For me, I have tried it both ways, never noticed a significant difference (though of course that might be me), and thus reverted back to keeping in ON, which keeps the D440 cooler, and makes me believe, whether true or not, that I am saving on my monthly electrical bill.

Not only that, but you are potentially prolonging the life of your Devialet.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - baddog - 20-Jul-2017

Well, that makes me a humanitarian as well....

Good point Axel.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Jean-Marie - 20-Jul-2017

I'm in the DPM on bandwagon too, having been unable to hear differences on my system whether it is on or off, and therefore privileging the longer lifespan through lower temperatures.

Jean-Marie

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Sylvain27 - 20-Jul-2017

(19-Jul-2017, 17:54)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I never had what most describe as white noise with AIR, only ever crackles.

My droupouts felt like neither - just a very brief and obvious dropout.  Hasn't reoccurred today, so will keep an eye on everything.

Hello,
I have found a very interesting article here : https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118518-Optimizing-Ethernet-Adapter-Settings-for-Maximum-Performance
Having changed my PC configuration recently, I forgot to change the settings of my ethernet adapter and this article helped me a lot.
I went back to buffer = 50 ms (very aggressive but very useful to do tests because problems occur quickly!).
With default settings of the Ethernet adapter, I always had dropouts in less than 5 minutes. Using Windows task manager and looking to the Ethernet perfomance, the dropouts can be seen easily : flow drops to 0 Mbit/s and then takes its normal value again (about 8 Mbit/s with a 192kHz 24 bit audio file).
I changed some basic settings of the Internet Adapter : not allowing Windows to power off the network adapter, disabling Green Ethernet, etc.)
After these changes, no more dropouts (the flow curve never dropped as before), but still some noises from time to time (buffer = 50 ms).
I tried buffer = 100 ms and played a whole album 24 bit 192 kHz without problem (no noise, neither NAK pattern in the log file).

Network adapter settings seem very important (factory settings caused dropouts with my system).
I'm waiting for recommendations from Roon team.
  Have a nice day,
Sylvain

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Alec_eiffel - 20-Jul-2017

Hi Sylvain,
I actually followed these guidelines when setting up my Intel NUC Windows 10 Jriver HTPC+Roon audio server.
D200 is wired through a 15€ TP-LInk TL-SG105 switch. 
With 100ms latency and tens of hours of listening, I never faced any cracks or noise or dropouts, even with DSD64 or 24bits/192Khz streams.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - baddog - 20-Jul-2017

To the person who mentioned a preference for vertical scrolling in Roon earlier in this thread. The next major U/I release of Roon will offer vertical scrolling.

Danny commented on it in the Roon Community Forum.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/vertical-scrolling-on-roadmap/821/166?u=bplexico

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - f1eng - 20-Jul-2017

(19-Jul-2017, 22:45)Wdw Wrote:
(19-Jul-2017, 22:37)baddog Wrote: Whether or not you have Dynamic Power Management on or off can also be a factor in how warm/hot your Devialet gets. Setting it to On appears to keep the unit cooler through greater energy efficiency.

Any sonic benefits in turning DPM on or off?

Good question. There are those who find their hifi sounds best when warmed up - I tend to think this in general, but we had one forum member who did massive modifications to his Devialet to get it to run as cool as he possibly could, with drilled holes, stripped chrome, bigger thermal pads and so forth.
I have not noticed a difference myself, though I would rather just enjoy music than audition for minute changes...

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 20-Jul-2017

(20-Jul-2017, 16:04)baddog Wrote: To the person who mentioned a preference for vertical scrolling in Roon earlier in this thread. The next major U/I release of Roon will offer vertical scrolling.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/vertical-scrolling-on-roadmap/821/166?u=bplexico

Looks like he's been busy going through the forum 'roadmapping' things here and there.
It's getting quite exciting. Really hope they pull off mobile 'offline' playback and on iOS but I doubt they'll give anything away on that.

Roon supports Devialet AIR - Chris Marshall - 20-Jul-2017

(20-Jul-2017, 16:22)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(20-Jul-2017, 16:04)baddog Wrote: To the person who mentioned a preference for vertical scrolling in Roon earlier in this thread. The next major U/I release of Roon will offer vertical scrolling.

Looks like he's been busy going through the forum 'roadmapping' things here and there.
It's getting quite exciting. Really hope they pull off mobile 'offline' playback and on iOS but I doubt they'll give anything away on that.

Syncing both local and Tidal files offline would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Jgw911 - 20-Jul-2017

I was quite excited to get the email from Devialet announcing Roon integration. Many of you guys seemed very keen on it so I was interested to give it a try. However I cannot get it to work properly. I've found if I set the buffer size to 3000ms then it's ok-ish. Anything less than that and i get crackles followed by silence eventually (ranging from 10 seconds to a few minutes). Tried posting this on the Roon Community site but I've not found the famously helpful community there very helpful. After the usual audiophile hysteria about using powerline plugs (they work fine and in any case I've tested with a direct Ethernet cable and no difference) I've had absolute silence on my issues. Spent a couple of days mucking around with settings in Roon and my PC to try and get it to work and then I suddenly remembered why I bought a NAS - so I could get the PC completely out of my replay chain and not have to spend any more days buggering around with PC software settings.

Sure Roon has a nice interface and great music curation but when I get that valuable and infrequent spare hour to sit and listen to some music I don't want to spend it mucking about with a PC; I want to spend it actually listening to some music. So back to my Linn Majik DS playing music from my NAS (via powerline plugs) and connected to the Devialet digital input. Rock solid and reliable, and at the end of the day that matters more than fancy interfaces.

Roon deleted from my PC.