Devialet Chat
Roon supports Devialet AIR - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Roon supports Devialet AIR (/Thread-Roon-supports-Devialet-AIR)

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - petrik - 22-May-2017

(22-May-2017, 10:43)Gerronwithit Wrote:
(22-May-2017, 09:37).petrik Wrote:
(22-May-2017, 08:59)Gerronwithit Wrote: At what point in time do those of us who bought a Pro product with the promise of a streaming board actually start to question Devialet's capability to deliver and look for financial compensation? After all, if I bought any other product with significant features not included but paid for, what would be considered a reasonable reaction? I ordered my 250 Pro last September with the promise of this mythical board and now here we are fast approaching June.

They have communicated that the streamer/os board would be available in Q4/2017. So patience is needed.

Ah, that's OK then. I'll just disregard the promise that it would be delivered in Q4 2016 and swallow the canard that 2017 is a cast iron David Cameron type promise.  Huh

Yeah, unfortunately delays seem to be typical for Devialet R&D. But we don't even know what exactly we are waiting for, do we? Well, we know that it is supposed to support DLNA/UPnP.

At least I am not expecting much from the os/streamer board. I am very happy if Roon integrates with AIR so that I do not need to care too much about the os/streamer board.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Confused - 22-May-2017

(22-May-2017, 07:03)brit Wrote: Given that Devialet are the ones that like the big "fanfare" announcements, maybe they are "miffed" that Roon maybe jumped the gun at Munich.  Angry  All supposition off course - we will need to wait and see what Danny from Roon has to say on the matter  Huh

I suspect that Danny Dulai's comment that 'we messed up with that Devialet thing' is a reference to NDA's.  I which case he will not be saying anything at all on the matter, until he can of course.  So I think you are probably correct regarding the 'miffed' bit.  Unfortunately it's a legally binding miff it is covered by the NDA.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Confused - 22-May-2017

(22-May-2017, 09:37).petrik Wrote:
(22-May-2017, 08:59)Gerronwithit Wrote: At what point in time do those of us who bought a Pro product with the promise of a streaming board actually start to question Devialet's capability to deliver and look for financial compensation? After all, if I bought any other product with significant features not included but paid for, what would be considered a reasonable reaction? I ordered my 250 Pro last September with the promise of this mythical board and now here we are fast approaching June.

They have communicated that the streamer/os board would be available in Q4/2017. So patience is needed.

Ah, that's OK then. I'll just disregard the promise that it would be delivered in Q4 2016 and swallow the canard that 2017 is a cast iron David Cameron type promise.  Huh

Who promised that the OS board would be delivered in Q4 2016?  Was that something from Devialet or from a dealer?  (or maybe it was David Cameron? Huh )

At the 1000 Pro launch event Devialet were then taking about summer 2017, I have never seen Devialet advise anything much earlier than this.  Admittedly it looks like it has now drifted out to September / October 2017, but we should stick to the facts.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Gerronwithit - 22-May-2017

(22-May-2017, 12:56)Confused Wrote:
(22-May-2017, 09:37).petrik Wrote: They have communicated that the streamer/os board would be available in Q4/2017. So patience is needed.

Who promised that the OS board would be delivered in Q4 2016?  Was that something from Devialet or from a dealer?  (or maybe it was David Cameron? Huh )

At the 1000 Pro launch event Devialet were then taking about summer 2017, I have never seen Devialet advise anything much earlier than this.  Admittedly it looks like it has now drifted out to September / October 2017, but we should stick to the facts.
My dealer  Shy

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 22-May-2017

(22-May-2017, 11:15)petrik Wrote: At least I am not expecting much from the os/streamer board. I am very happy if Roon integrates with AIR so that I do not need to care too much about the os/streamer board.

Well, it would still need to work, and with AIR. Tongue

(22-May-2017, 13:32)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(22-May-2017, 11:15)petrik Wrote: At least I am not expecting much from the os/streamer board. I am very happy if Roon integrates with AIR so that I do not need to care too much about the os/streamer board.

Well, it would still need to work, and with AIR.  Tongue

I know...  Undecided I am having high hopes because there are Roon developers involved now. They are having a great track record of getting things right! If they cannot make it work, then I think it is finally my time to say goodbye to AIR. I suppose then I have to give up on my principle of not buying any new boxes.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Antoine - 22-May-2017

If it's still the AIR protocol that's being used (and it clearly seems that way) then Roon is doing Devialet a VERY BIG favour which I don't feel they deserve, at all. I would have preferred Devialet being forced by their customers to implement RAAT like all other Roon Ready devices out there.

Of course Roon helps itself as well since their target audience increases but still...this again shows the huge willingness of Roon to help their customers/being customer centric. Who do you think many (especially new customers who've never heard of this forum) will blame if Roon/AIR doesn't work correctly? Exactly...I already feel sorry for Roon for all the additional support requests of users who have crappy WiFi/wired networks, poor understanding of anything computer related etc. while it's the crappy non robust/non fool proof AIR protocol and/or poor WiFi reception of the Devialet. Then again, perhaps Roon has managed to improve on Devialet's implementation of it or helped Devialet do it. Not needing to go through a WDM/virtual soundcard in a fully managed/controlled OS (ROCK) surely helps too.

^ Excellent points Antoine! Couldn't agree more. Devialet maybe don't deserve it but at least many of the customers will be happy *if* they get a working solution finally. It increases customer satisfaction probably for both parties.

We don't know for sure has the Roon team done all the development effort or how much Devialet has participated on that.

Does it make any sense for Devialet to implement RAAT anymore on the os/streamer board if this Roon+AIR integration works? Would that bring any benefits?

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - mdconnelly - 22-May-2017

If the Roon Nucleus flyers say anything significant, it's that they list Devialet as a Roon Partner. That's new and quite promising. Now, whether that means that Devialet will adopt RAAT in the new OS/streaming board or if it will simply use an improved version of AIR to do so is unknown. But whatever it is, Devialet as a Roon Partner will most definitely be a good thing.

RE: Roon supports Devialet AIR - Hifi_swlon - 22-May-2017

(22-May-2017, 18:38)mdconnelly Wrote: If the Roon Nucleus flyers say anything significant, it's that they list Devialet as a Roon Partner.  That's new and quite promising.  Now, whether that means that Devialet will adopt RAAT in the new OS/streaming board or if it will simply use an improved version of AIR to do so is unknown.  But whatever it is, Devialet as a Roon Partner will most definitely be a good thing.

Definitely. I remember posts from Danny a long while back, trying to break through.