Devialet Chat
MELCO - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: MELCO (/Thread-MELCO)

RE: MELCO - GuillaumeB - 20-Feb-2016

(20-Feb-2016, 13:54)octaviars Wrote: This is from a flyer at Swedish High end fair in Stockholm that I took today.

Oooh official app!! 

Guillaume

RE: MELCO - PhilP - 20-Feb-2016

(20-Feb-2016, 14:02)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-Feb-2016, 13:54)octaviars Wrote: This is from a flyer at Swedish High end fair in Stockholm that I took today.

Oooh official app!! 

Guillaume

I wonder whether "external CD drive support" means that the Melco can now be used for ripping?

RE: MELCO - GuillaumeB - 20-Feb-2016

(20-Feb-2016, 14:28)PhilP Wrote:
(20-Feb-2016, 14:02)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Oooh official app!! 

Guillaume

I wonder whether "external CD drive support" means that the Melco can now be used for ripping?

Correct. I did hear about this not long ago.

Guillaume

RE: MELCO - PhilP - 20-Feb-2016

(20-Feb-2016, 14:29)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-Feb-2016, 14:28)PhilP Wrote:
(20-Feb-2016, 14:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: Oooh official app!! 

Guillaume

Correct. I did hear about this not long ago.

Guillaume

Ok, that's a nice feature that makes it possible to take PCs/Macs out of the equation completely - unless you need/want room correction, of course.

Re: MELCO - nicoludio - 20-Feb-2016

Exciting times...

Wondering:

- how the official app will look/feel compare with Aurender/Lumin apps and if there is an upsampling option

- if Twonky + official app will sound better than Minimserver + Lumin app, etc. and/or if Minimserver will be officially supported now

MELCO - Mihaylov - 20-Feb-2016

What is official app? CP or audio server?

RE: MELCO - Grannyring - 20-Feb-2016

Ok folks am a new Devialet 120 owner and I want to sell my cd spinning transport and not use CDs anymore. I am very interested in the Melco n1a and am new to this whole world of streamers and NASs. The language confuses me and I am looking for simple help. I want to use the 120 and one other box to play music. This means I want to use the internal dac in the 120.

Will this unit be enough? How do I see the music files and select them for playing off the Melco/120 combo? I use Apple iPhones and iPads only. Do I need to purchase an Aurender instead or can the Melco work alone with the 120? I hope you understand my question.

RE: MELCO - Grannyring - 20-Feb-2016

Forgot to mention I would also like to use Spotify and Tidal. Thanks to all!

RE: MELCO - Mihaylov - 20-Feb-2016

(20-Feb-2016, 20:27)Grannyring Wrote: Ok folks am a new Devialet 120 owner and I want to sell my cd spinning transport and not use CDs anymore. I am very interested in the Melco n1a and am new to this whole world of streamers and NASs. The language confuses me and I am looking for simple help. I want to use the 120 and one other box to play music. This means I want to use the internal dac in the 120.

Will this unit be enough?
Yes.

Selecting of music files for playback is done using the Control Point (CP) app on the iPad or iPhone. For example Kinsky or Lumin for mode 1 in Melco settings (see first picture).

RE: MELCO - Mihaylov - 20-Feb-2016

(20-Feb-2016, 20:53)Grannyring Wrote: Forgot to mention I would also like to use Spotify and Tidal. Thanks to all!

To use Tidal with Melco will need Bubble UPnP Control Point on an Android device. Look here.