Devialet Chat
MELCO - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: MELCO (/Thread-MELCO)

RE: MELCO - glider - 11-Feb-2018

(06-Feb-2018, 15:38)K4680 Wrote:
(06-Feb-2018, 00:29)alandbush Wrote:
(05-Feb-2018, 11:11)K4680 Wrote: Hi, tested some App on the weekend to try streaming from Melco to Devialet (Ethernet)! It did not work with any app that supports UPnP OpenHome (Kazoo, ....)! With app that can only UPnP standard, it worked! But unfortunately there is no app that has the comfort, and is nice to use! So now only the right app is missing! Angry
Kinsky works, but only plays one track! Tidal and Qobuz also not possible!

Have you tried the iOS Glider app.

I use this with Minimserver and Auralic Aries but have also tested it successfully with Phantoms via the Dialog UPNP beta.  Also tested with an Oppo 103 and iPad as renderers.

@alandbush, Glider does not work either, but AK Connect 2.0 (Astell & Kern) is promising! Just take a look!

We're happy to help if you have any trouble at all with Glider. Support is always available at [email protected].

RE: MELCO - dan46 - 12-Feb-2018

(11-Feb-2018, 05:04)glider Wrote:
(06-Feb-2018, 15:38)K4680 Wrote:
(06-Feb-2018, 00:29)alandbush Wrote: Have you tried the iOS Glider app.

I use this with Minimserver and Auralic Aries but have also tested it successfully with Phantoms via the Dialog UPNP beta.  Also tested with an Oppo 103 and iPad as renderers.

@alandbush, Glider does not work either, but AK Connect 2.0 (Astell & Kern) is promising! Just take a look!

We're happy to help if you have any trouble at all with Glider. Support is always available at [email protected].

Glider just worked first time for me. CI unit testing today and at first use, on factory defaults, Glider found MinimServer on the Melco, took about 3-4minutes to sync and played back straight away via UPnP. I see the upgrade also.

One thing is no folder view option or have a missed this? Thank you.

RE: MELCO - K4680 - 12-Feb-2018

(12-Feb-2018, 14:59)dan46 Wrote:
(11-Feb-2018, 05:04)glider Wrote:
(06-Feb-2018, 15:38)K4680 Wrote: @alandbush, Glider does not work either, but AK Connect 2.0 (Astell & Kern) is promising! Just take a look!

Glider just worked first time for me. CI unit testing today and at first use, on factory defaults, Glider found MinimServer on the Melco, took about 3-4minutes to sync and played back straight away via UPnP. I see the upgrade also.

One thing is no folder view option or have a missed this? Thank you.

Hi, apparently Glider can not stream HiRes files (only 44.1KHz). What should I do there with my HiRes files, synonymous find no folder structure that suits me! Or have I overlooked something ??

RE: MELCO - glider - 12-Feb-2018

(12-Feb-2018, 14:59)dan46 Wrote: One thing is no folder view option or have a missed this? Thank you.

Glider is a bit different than other control point apps in that it fully indexes your music library across multiple different sources into a single unified library. This library is fully searchable and sortable right on your device without needing to constantly communicate with each of your source devices over the network. That said, we do realize some folks have spent a lot of time getting their folder structure just right to be able to browse in a certain way, so we are considering adding a folder browse  feature to Glider in the future.  

(12-Feb-2018, 15:48)K4680 Wrote: Hi, apparently Glider can not stream HiRes files (only 44.1KHz). What should I do there with my HiRes files, synonymous find no folder structure that suits me! Or have I overlooked something ??

Glider should not be limiting the resolution unless you're streaming to an AirPlay output. Can you provide some more details about your setup?

RE: MELCO - K4680 - 12-Feb-2018

(12-Feb-2018, 16:12)glider Wrote:
(12-Feb-2018, 14:59)dan46 Wrote: One thing is no folder view option or have a missed this? Thank you.

Glider is a bit different than other control point apps in that it fully indexes your music library across multiple different sources into a single unified library. This library is fully searchable and sortable right on your device without needing to constantly communicate with each of your source devices over the network. That said, we do realize some folks have spent a lot of time getting their folder structure just right to be able to browse in a certain way, so we are considering adding a folder browse  feature to Glider in the future.  

(12-Feb-2018, 15:48)K4680 Wrote: Hi, apparently Glider can not stream HiRes files (only 44.1KHz). What should I do there with my HiRes files, synonymous find no folder structure that suits me! Or have I overlooked something ??

Glider should not be limiting the resolution unless you're streaming to an AirPlay output. Can you provide some more details about your setup?

Thanks for the information!

RE: MELCO - dan46 - 13-Feb-2018

In UPnP network mode everything works just fine. Apps by Glider and A&K are all just fine and the Melco and Devialet are talking with zero issues so far. This is straight out the box with the firmware pre-installed.

I have the new beta to load but so far will play with what I have so I can settle into this new CI version.

Direct Mode though isnt playing as well. I may have to assign IPs to the Devialet to match the Melco it doesn't mount directly via UPnP and the single cat6 from Melco to Devialet from the Player output from the Melco. More sorting and testing needed later today.

Early thoughts on CI with Ethernet via UPnP and TQB USB cable is the playback feels very much crisper in the high end but lacking some oomph I had via USB DAC cable.
I need to play with SAM more and also maybe the beat improves a little again, only a day or two in so still needs more running in but initially feels like I have added Super Lumina cables to the kit, all sparkly and top end staging. All excellent but at the cost to the mids and lower end, just initial thoughts.

RE: MELCO - K4680 - 13-Feb-2018

(13-Feb-2018, 12:33)dan46 Wrote: In UPnP network mode everything works just fine. Apps by Glider and A&K are all just fine and the Melco and Devialet are talking with zero issues so far. This is straight out the box with the firmware pre-installed.

I have the new beta to load but so far will play with what I have so I can settle into this new CI version.

Direct Mode though isnt playing as well. I may have to assign IPs to the Devialet to match the Melco it doesn't mount directly via UPnP and the single cat6 from Melco to Devialet from the Player output from the Melco. More sorting and testing needed later today.

Hi dan46, have tried the following: Devialet UpnP directly connected to the network and streamed Tdal, works great. Devialet UPnP plugged into the Melco Player Port and Tidal streamed, sounds much better! Is probably on the filtered player port. Rolleyes

(13-Feb-2018, 14:51)K4680 Wrote:
(13-Feb-2018, 12:33)dan46 Wrote: In UPnP network mode everything works just fine. Apps by Glider and A&K are all just fine and the Melco and Devialet are talking with zero issues so far. This is straight out the box with the firmware pre-installed.

Hi dan46, have tried the following: Devialet UpnP directly connected to the network and streamed Tdal, works great. Devialet UPnP plugged into the Melco Player Port and Tidal streamed, sounds much better! Is probably on the filtered player port. Rolleyes

Aha yes that a good idea, had in my mind the player port is for Direct Play only, trying this now :-) But you have the Melco set to Network mode for the LAN connection to connect to the Network, but Playback through the filtered Player port.

Just switched to Network mode, player out into Devialet working fine. 

Phew last step is to get that Direct Player mode working just for my own sense of doing it and to hear if that noise floor reduces more.

Still feels very toppy, its all vocals and high frequencies. SAM is 100% but no bass or treble added. Still needs a run in I think.

Bass now at +4 but I do not like to colour the output as such rather bass and treble were at zero.

RE: MELCO - cereal killer - 13-Feb-2018

Defo needs running in from my experience thus far, mines taken 10 days to regain its depth of bass.
Have you installed the LS-25 yet, Dan?