Devialet Chat
Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Support Desk (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Support-Desk)
+--- Thread: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE (/Thread-Last-Fault-A-4098-OVER-VOLTAGE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - AlexS - 29-Jun-2017

(29-Jun-2017, 01:54)Axel Wrote:
(28-Jun-2017, 14:46)AlexS Wrote: It also happened to me once (so far) with a brand new 250 Pro unit, playing under normal conditions. The music stopped for a couple of seconds, and then resumed. The reply from Devialet (paraphrased): it's a very rare issue and they're working on a Firmware fix for it. However, they were looking for the description of the conditions under which it occurred. So, it would be a good idea for you to report the issue to Devialet, to raise their awareness.

This goes against what I was told. When I queried the A4098 Over Voltage, Devialet told me that the fault was with my wiring, that the amp. was just protecting itself and not to worry about it, but to get my mains installation checked by an electrician.
Seems that they'll tell you any old bollocks just to shut you up!   Dodgy

There is a possibility that after they'd collected multiple reports, they'd figured that even if it's caused by the mains' faults, they can better manage this fault at the Firmware level - that is, make Devialet more fault tolerable. At least, this is how I choose to interpret this.

Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - Soniclife - 01-Jul-2017

This keeps happening to me, rarely affects both units at the same time. I've raised a case, but not got any help so far.
The last time it happened my mains voltage was 237v, according to my plug in monitor, so not over voltage by a long way.

To me it's clearly a fault, be it hardware or firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - kinver - 03-Jul-2017

After upgrading Devialet 200 to Devialet 220 Pro in november 2016, I started to experience this problem (over voltage) the last months.
Most of the time this last fault appears without any indication during playing.
A couple of times the amp is silent for a split second, then resumes playing. The display (last fault) show over voltage
I send a Message to the support team and got the following answer:

"This error message means that at some point, the Expert did receive too much electricity from the mains. The error simply mention it to you.
What you can do is unplug the Devialet from the mains and plug it back in order to make that error disappear.
Please let us know if it comes again".

Unfortunately the problem continue. I have sendt another message to the support team without getting any answer.
Measuring the voltage on the main outlet give 240 - 241 V. Is this too high voltage for Devialet Pro to manage?
I never had any issues with Devialet 200.

Another issue is temperature of the Devialet 220 Pro. The power supply always have the highest temperature, even in standby, while the A-amp and D-amp have lower temperatures. It’s the same tendency regardless of whether DPM is on or off. With the Devialet 200 it was the other way round, the A-amp always had the highest temperature, followed by the D-amp, while the power supply had the lowest temperature.
Any comments on this?

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - Fragoulisnaval - 03-Jul-2017

I would dare say that the new power supply design is too sensitive to voltage variations and/or the chasis is on the limit of its heat dissipation.

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - AlexS - 03-Jul-2017

(01-Jul-2017, 17:28)Soniclife Wrote: This keeps happening to me, rarely affects both units at the same time. I've raised a case, but not got any help so far.
The last time it happened my mains voltage was 237v, according to my plug in monitor, so not over voltage by a long way.

To me it's clearly a fault, be it hardware or firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Could you check if the power cord is all the way into your Devialets? It may be a pure coincidence, but after this fault happened to me, I did discover that the power cord was not fully in. The problem has not happened to me since adjusting it. Mind you, the voltage in the USA is 110 (which makes the fault even stranger).

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - disarmamant - 19-Jul-2017

Update on the 4098 over voltage fault.

I have been having the same problem on my 220 Pro. It's happened about five times now and I raised a ticket with Devialet who suggested I try different power cords and different power outlets, and even suggested I tried it in a friends house.

After having the same fault again last night I contacted them again and got the following reply:-

Océane (Devialet)

Jul 19, 10:24 CEST

I have some news !
This issue means internal voltage.
And i just got confirmation this is a bug that our engineers know  It will be solved in a futur update of the firmware.
Probably around this autumn.

Best regards,
Océane | Customer service & support Devialet

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - Confused - 19-Jul-2017

(19-Jul-2017, 18:33)disarmamant Wrote: Update on the 4098 over voltage fault.

I have been having the same problem on my 220 Pro. It's happened about five times now and I raised a ticket with Devialet who suggested I try different power cords and different power outlets, and even suggested I tried it in a friends house.

After having the same fault again last night I contacted them again and got the following reply:-

Océane (Devialet)

Jul 19, 10:24 CEST

I have some news !
This issue means internal voltage.
And i just got confirmation this is a bug that our engineers know  It will be solved in a futur update of the firmware.
Probably around this autumn.

Best regards,
Océane | Customer service & support Devialet

They never quite tell you what you want to know, Devialet support.  In this case, is the 'bug' actually causing internal voltage issues in the amp?  (and hence SQ problems or other issues) or is the 'bug' the amp reporting 'over voltage' when all is fine and well inside?  There is quite a difference between these two scenarios.

If I had that response from Devialet, I'd be sending a quick response back to clarify.

As a point to note, I have checked my amps periodically and they have been error free, but I have noticed that this issue has hit some 250's, so not a 220Pro only problem.

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - petrik - 09-Aug-2017

(19-Jul-2017, 21:54)Confused Wrote: They never quite tell you what you want to know, Devialet support.  In this case, is the 'bug' actually causing internal voltage issues in the amp?  (and hence SQ problems or other issues) or is the 'bug' the amp reporting 'over voltage' when all is fine and well inside?  There is quite a difference between these two scenarios.

If I had that response from Devialet, I'd be sending a quick response back to clarify.

As a point to note, I have checked my amps periodically and they have been error free, but I have noticed that this issue has hit some 250's, so not a 220Pro only problem.

Yeah, I can confirm that this Over Voltage problem is happening also on my D1000 Pro.

I was already blaming AIR because of the dropouts during streaming... but this time it looks like the dropouts are caused by the over voltage every now and then.

I'll ask for more information from the Devialet support. Let's see if they can tell us anything new.

Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - disarmamant - 10-Aug-2017

(09-Aug-2017, 17:39)petrik Wrote:
(19-Jul-2017, 21:54)Confused Wrote: They never quite tell you what you want to know, Devialet support.  In this case, is the 'bug' actually causing internal voltage issues in the amp?  (and hence SQ problems or other issues) or is the 'bug' the amp reporting 'over voltage' when all is fine and well inside?  There is quite a difference between these two scenarios.

Yeah, I can confirm that this Over Voltage problem is happening also on my D1000 Pro.

I was already blaming AIR because of the dropouts during streaming... but this time it looks like the dropouts are caused by the over voltage every now and then.

I'll ask for more information from the Devialet support. Let's see if they can tell us anything new.

I have been having the same fault more often lately. Over the last few evenings it happens twice in the space of five minutes.

I reported it again to CS, but I got the same answer. It will not damage the amplifier, it will be fixed in the next firmware, probably in October.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - petrik - 11-Aug-2017

(10-Aug-2017, 20:44)disarmamant Wrote:
(09-Aug-2017, 17:39)petrik Wrote:

I have been having the same fault more often lately. Over the last few evenings it happens twice in the space of five minutes.

I reported it again to CS, but I got the same answer. It will not damage the amplifier, it will be fixed in the next firmware, probably in October.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for this information! The over voltage issue happens about once per hour on my devices. I hope the amps are fine. At least they sound great and I haven't noticed any 'burning smell' like earlier with the filtering cards.

I have an open ticket on CS too but they haven't replied anything on this over voltage issue.

One thing that I don't fully understand is that why they cannot release a new FW earlier which would contain only this bug fix. Why we have to wait for so long? Is their QA process so long or don't they yet know how to fix this? I guess only Devialet knows...