Devialet Chat
Dialog - Dead....? (Update: Resolved beautifully. Even better audio w new dialog...?) - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: Dialog - Dead....? (Update: Resolved beautifully. Even better audio w new dialog...?) (/Thread-Dialog-Dead-Update-Resolved-beautifully-Even-better-audio-w-new-dialog)

Pages: 1 2

Dialog - Dead....? (Update: Resolved beautifully. Even better audio w new dialog...?) - MountainGuy - 08-Jul-2017

Got home, and light on my Dialog is off.  I checked wall outlet power - good. I checked power cord - good.  I unplugged Dialog and reconnect.  Still no light.  Spark has no connection. 

Got unit December 2015.  Does that mean I am toast?   

Sigh - Phantom can't be repaired. What about Dialog? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

RE: Dialog - Dead....? - ragwo - 08-Jul-2017

(08-Jul-2017, 08:02)MountainGuy Wrote: Got home, and light on my Dialog is off.  I checked wall outlet power - good. I checked power cord - good.  I unplugged Dialog and reconnect.  Still no light.  Spark has no connection. 

Sorry to hear about your Dialog. 
Have you tried the hard reset method? The 3 seconds power on then off x 4? It should force download the latest firmware, it might work. I believe the Dialog is repairable, it's not sealed in any way like the Phantom.

RE: Dialog - Dead....? - MountainGuy - 08-Jul-2017

(08-Jul-2017, 08:16)ragwo Wrote:
(08-Jul-2017, 08:02)MountainGuy Wrote: Got home, and light on my Dialog is off.  I checked wall outlet power - good. I checked power cord - good.  I unplugged Dialog and reconnect.  Still no light.  Spark has no connection. 

Sorry to hear about your Dialog. 
Have you tried the hard reset method? The 3 seconds power on then off x 4? It should force download the latest firmware, it might work. I believe the Dialog is repairable, it's not sealed in any way like the Phantom.

Thanks.  Yup, tried the hard reset.  Nothing.  THanks for the reply.

RE: Dialog - Dead....? - kameraguy - 08-Jul-2017

Ouch. Sorry to hear. I bought my pair of silvers Dec 2015 too. Let's see if my Dialog goes out soon as well :/

At least Dialog isn't that expensive compared to replacing a Phantom though.

If you haven't contacted support yet, might be worth a shot to present the issue. "maybe" they can work something out.

RE: Dialog - Dead....? - MountainGuy - 08-Jul-2017

Anyone know if the warranty is 2 years or 1 years?

Phantom is 2 years but doing a search, I did not find it for the Dialog.

Thanks.

RE: Dialog - Dead....? - Taucher669 - 08-Jul-2017

(08-Jul-2017, 19:44)MountainGuy Wrote: Anyone know if the warranty is 2 years or 1 years?

Phantom is 2 years but doing a search, I did not find it for the Dialog.

Thanks.

In the EU warranty is 2 years.

RE: Dialog - Dead....? - MountainGuy - 09-Jul-2017

Yup, 2 years. Devialet is replacing it - process could not have been simpler or more perfect so far. One call, and item shipping out with label to return broken unit. Easy and professional.

Good Job Devialet!

RE: Dialog - Dead....? - ragwo - 09-Jul-2017

Glad to hear it worked out for you! As a bonus you'll probably receive an Airplay compatible Dialog.

Dialog - Dead....? - kmjy - 09-Jul-2017

Oh those AirPlay Dialogues are a treat.

I wonder if an AirPlay Phantom paired in stereo with a non-AirPlay Phantom will take in the AirPlay stream for the stereo pairing like Dialogue does? I assume so but never tried it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Dialog - Dead....? - MountainGuy - 26-Jul-2017

Just a note that I called on a Sunday. Talked to Anotnin. One call later, I got a label by email. Dropped the dead dialog off. THey cross shipped the new Dialog and arrived Wednesday. Could not have been better or simpler in terms of service and resolution.