Devialet Chat
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris (/Thread-Invitation-to-send-your-PRO-to-Paris)

RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - Herman - 25-Nov-2017

Yesterday I got two confirmation mails from Paris about the arrival of my two D440pro parts - about two days later than the UPS tracking

RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - Mohmm - 25-Nov-2017

(24-Nov-2017, 19:39)Damon Wrote: I haven't been on DC for a while so I'm not sure if this is the correct thread, but I wanted to give an update on my Canadian CI upgrade experience.

I received the email with the upgrade eligibility notice on Wednesday 15 November. I received the shipping label on the Friday, two days later . I called FedEX on Saturday and arranged for the pickup. The amp was picked up at my office in Vancouver at 4:30 pm on Monday. It arrived in Quebec at 10:30 the following day, Tuesday. Wednesday 23 November, I received the email from Judith indicating that my amp was being upgraded. Today, Friday the 24th of November, the amp was returned to my office at 10:25 am.

In summary: out Monday afternoon; returned Friday morning. A turnaround that can be measured in hours as reasonably as in days.

Absolutely amazing, and I'm sure all will agree; remarkable service. Will now take day off work to reinstall precious jewel in system.

Hi Damon: A hardware question: Is there any hardware difference in inputs & outputs, pre and aft?

RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - Celts88 - 25-Nov-2017

(25-Nov-2017, 11:43)Celts88 Wrote:  I'm Scottish so Rugby it has to be, and we're going to thump the Aussies tonight

Sorry to quote myself, but what a game Scotland played. Ok Aussies down to 14 men (deserved red card), but Scotland played brilliant (even last week took the Kiwis down to the last minute).

One BIG half being poured right now  Big Grin

RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - Damon - 25-Nov-2017

(25-Nov-2017, 16:41)Mohmm Wrote: Hi Damon: A hardware question: Is there any hardware difference in inputs & outputs, pre and aft?

Hi Mohmm,

I confess I didn't look too closely at it, but I don't think there are any differences other than the short horizontal aerial btw. the Digital 1 and Digital 2 inputs. I actually hardly ever touch the amp, and I can't really see it

The unit arrived repacked with protective plastic on the amp and remote and a small sticker on the card, which is on top of the foam that covers the top of the amp in the case, which I think is to be affixed to the previous Pro manual.

I hooked it up and turned it on, but haven't had a chance to listen to any music. This weekend is also full of other obligations. I don't think I'd updated the firmware since the Pro upgrade last fall anyway, so if that affected the sound I would not be able to distinguish that from any change the CI board makes... which I don't expect anyway.

I know that the software is still being refined; that is fine as I don't know what to do with it anyway, but I'm going to try ROON or something similar if my schedule ever allows for reasonable free time.

But I know you're all wondering about the really important issue: and the answer is 'no'... the power button is unchanged.

RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - brit - 25-Nov-2017

(25-Nov-2017, 17:32)Celts88 Wrote:
(25-Nov-2017, 11:43)Celts88 Wrote:  I'm Scottish so Rugby it has to be, and we're going to thump the Aussies tonight

Sorry to quote myself, but what a game Scotland played. Ok Aussies down to 14 men (deserved red card), but Scotland played brilliant (even last week took the Kiwis down to the last minute).

One BIG half being poured right now  Big Grin

Yes a bit off topic, but a terrific game for Scotland - showing this form they will be force to reckon with in the six nations  Confused.

RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - rchinn - 25-Nov-2017

(25-Nov-2017, 18:05)brit Wrote:
(25-Nov-2017, 17:32)Celts88 Wrote:
(25-Nov-2017, 11:43)Celts88 Wrote: I'm Scottish so Rugby it has to be, and we're going to thump the Aussies tonight
Sorry to quote myself, but what a game Scotland played. Scotland played brilliant.
Terrific game for Scotland - showing this form they will be force to reckon with in the six nations  Confused.

Defensive line speed was fantastic. Maul was killer. And your attack had an inevitable feeling every time it entered our 22. Well done and well deserved. I hope you claim some big scalps in the six nations.

RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - Greg - 25-Nov-2017

(23-Nov-2017, 20:44)Arjan Wrote: Ok thanks, I thought the 15 days were working days

Just to clarify, in my personal email confirming my C/I order with installation info, Judith said......

4. Our engineers will install the Core Infinity card in your Expert Pro System within 15 business days.

5. Once the functional tests have been carried out, your Expert Pro System will leave our workshops and we will send you the carrier tracking number by email.

Factually, I read that as up to three weeks for the engineers to install the C/I board and functional tests may take more time thereafter. Having said that, my Pro upgrade was completed and returned well within the time scale specified.

RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - Celts88 - 26-Nov-2017

(25-Nov-2017, 22:59)Greg Wrote:
(23-Nov-2017, 20:44)Arjan Wrote: Ok thanks, I thought the 15 days were working days

my Pro upgrade was completed and returned well within the time scale specified.

Greg

Only Markhus has told us how his CI upgrade sounds, and he thought fantastic.

So how does you Pro sound with the CI upgrade, appreciate if you could post your thoughts in the thread Listening Impressions

RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - Mohmm - 26-Nov-2017

(25-Nov-2017, 18:02)Damon Wrote:
(25-Nov-2017, 16:41)Mohmm Wrote: Hi Damon: A hardware question: Is there any hardware difference in inputs & outputs, pre and aft?

Hi Mohmm,

I confess I didn't look too closely at it, but I don't think there are any differences other than the short horizontal aerial btw. the Digital 1 and Digital 2 inputs. I actually hardly ever touch the amp, and I can't really see it

The unit arrived repacked with protective plastic on the amp and remote and a small sticker on the card, which is on top of the foam that covers the top of the amp in the case, which I think is to be affixed to the previous Pro manual.

I hooked it up and turned it on, but haven't had a chance to listen to any music. This weekend is also full of other obligations.  I don't think I'd updated the firmware since the Pro upgrade last fall anyway, so if that affected the sound I would not be able to distinguish that from any change the CI board makes... which I don't expect anyway.

I know that the software is still being refined; that is fine as I don't know what to do with it anyway, but I'm going to try ROON or something similar if my schedule ever allows for reasonable free time.

But I know you're all wondering about the really important issue: and the answer is 'no'... the power button is unchanged.

That's good news because I still prefer the AES/EBU input best (on my 1000 pro) and I particularly rate it much higher than any USB implementation that others seem to use.

Thanks.

RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - Confused - 26-Nov-2017

(26-Nov-2017, 10:56)Mohmm Wrote: That's good news because I still prefer the AES/EBU input best (on my 1000 pro) and I particularly rate it much higher than any USB implementation that others seem to use.

Thanks.

I too think AES/EBU is the best input on the Pro and would rate it above USB, but this is based on experience of the Pro without the new OS board.  The key point here though is that the new OS board has a new implementation for the USB, so AES/EBU will stay the same, but USB should improve.  (presumably)  Of course, these are different protocols, one being synchronous, the other asynchronous, so the end result will be dependent on interaction with the particular source.  Maybe there will be ways to get extremely good sound via USB with the new OS board, time will tell.