Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Jwg1749 - 29-Nov-2014

My local Dev dealer seems convinced that some kind of UPnP streaming solution will be introduced in time for Munich.

Apparently there's a guy doing the rounds of all the UK dealers asking them what new functions their customers want from Devialet, and UPnP is top of the list by far.

Matt

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - GuillaumeB - 29-Nov-2014

(29-Nov-2014, 12:14)Jwg1749 Wrote: My local Dev dealer seems convinced that some kind of UPnP streaming solution will be introduced in time for Munich.

Apparently there's a guy doing the rounds of all the UK dealers asking them what new functions their customers want from Devialet, and UPnP is top of the list by far.

Matt

I've also heard this Matt. Thierry also confirmed to me that it's definitely being worked on.

My guess is that the next major release will include DSD (DoP) and UPnP and possibly another power hike.

Guillaume

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - mauidan - 29-Nov-2014

When Devialet's Facebook page first put up:

“We captured Pierre-Emmanuel Calmel's moment of emotion as he was listening to Devialet's newest technology for the first time. Stay tuned....”

There was this comment:

Devialet Morten Eskildsen: better get ready! This is huge!

While it would be nice to have DSD (DoP) and UPnP, IMO, they're not hugh.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - amabrok - 29-Nov-2014

(29-Nov-2014, 18:47)mauidan Wrote: When Devialet's Facebook page first put up:

“We captured Pierre-Emmanuel Calmel's moment of emotion as he was listening to Devialet's newest technology for the first time. Stay tuned....”

There was this comment:

i agree, DSD and UPnP are not breakthrough nor are they new technologies/implementations to describe them as huge.

but what could it be?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - mauidan - 29-Nov-2014

(29-Nov-2014, 20:13)amabrok Wrote:
(29-Nov-2014, 18:47)mauidan Wrote: When Devialet's Facebook page first put up:

There was this comment:

i agree, DSD and UPnP are not breakthrough nor are they new technologies/implementations to describe them as huge.

but what could it be?

Assuming they have enough processing power, they maybe borrowing a page from the PS Audio DirectStream DAC's playbook and converting/upsampling all digital signals to some multiple of the DSD rate, along with new filters.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - moreno1973 - 29-Nov-2014

Maybe it is a room correction technology? It would be something huge...

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - ozthepoz - 30-Nov-2014

(29-Nov-2014, 23:04)moreno1973 Wrote: Maybe it is a room correction technology? It would be something huge...

I think they are on record as saying that this is something they probably wouldn't be focusing on.

My guess, FWIW, a range of functionality upgrades for existing devices - more power, robust AIR, better apps, UPnP, new configurator with more parameters to play with etc. Maybe a new remote with a display?

Wouldn't be surprised to see a completely new product too; they have the £6k - £20k market sewn up (although I accept Dev might not be everyone's cup of tea sonically). There's massive scope for a £2k - £3k device to get into a whole new market.

Pure speculation, of course.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Rob35 - 02-Dec-2014

There's a new picture on their Facebook page : 'Anatomy of a Revolution'

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Ekmanc - 02-Dec-2014

Definitely looks like some type of element?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Eddye - 02-Dec-2014

Looks like a speaker to me. ADH in an active speaker system?