Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - adhesiv - 02-Dec-2014

so in other words the device is able to identify the listener's position relative to the "system" and adjust the sound properties accordingly? This is starting to sound very sci-fi...and cool!

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - mauidan - 02-Dec-2014

(02-Dec-2014, 18:17)adhesiv Wrote: so in other words the device is able to identify the listener's position relative to the "system" and adjust the sound properties accordingly? This is starting to sound very sci-fi...and cool!

Yes, very cool.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Rufus McDufus - 02-Dec-2014

Skimming over the comments so apologies if I missed something - a single-point of sound that through psychoacoustics throws an image around the room perhaps?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Rufus McDufus - 02-Dec-2014

..and makes the tea?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Ekmanc - 02-Dec-2014

Doesn't seem like it will be interesting at all for the high-end segment.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - moreno1973 - 02-Dec-2014

(02-Dec-2014, 19:27)Ekmanc Wrote: Doesn't seem like it will be interesting at all for the high-end segment.

I red in some interview that Devialet will be more focused on mass market than audiophiles....

Devialet's newest technology...? - xy1689 - 02-Dec-2014

(02-Dec-2014, 22:07)moreno1973 Wrote:
(02-Dec-2014, 19:27)Ekmanc Wrote: Doesn't seem like it will be interesting at all for the high-end segment.

I red in some interview that Devialet will be more focused on mass market than audiophiles....

that's not a good news……

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - bentrider - 02-Dec-2014

moreno1973 do you have a link to the interview? Devialet prices are not mass market prices.

(02-Dec-2014, 22:07)moreno1973 Wrote:

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Ekmanc - 02-Dec-2014

Correction they are not mass market prices yet...

They've stated that they want to get their ADH solution into cheaper mass market products and this definitely looks like some sort of Sonos competitor or something.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - bentrider - 02-Dec-2014

Ekmanc,

Thank you for the clarification. Now I understand. It's the old "trickle down concept".

(02-Dec-2014, 23:13)Ekmanc Wrote: Correction they are not mass market prices yet...

They've stated that they want to get their ADH solution into cheaper mass market products and this definitely looks like some sort of Sonos competitor or something.