Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - GuillaumeB - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 12:28)NickB Wrote:
(03-Dec-2014, 11:53)G51 Wrote: I bought Devialet because I thought the guys at Devialet should concentrate on making their products sound better and better and in one day, hopefully 1 to 2 years, at least as good as the top-flight PRE / AMP / DAC Combos. That's the reason why audiophiles spend the money on them and give up their conventional gears.

And their marketing approach is just too lousy. So lousy!

Do you not think it is as good as the top Pre/Amp/Dac combos at the moment then?

Nick

I recently home dem'd a Vitus SIA-025 with Vitus MPD-201 DAC. As much as I loved the Vitus sound I was more than happy to go back to my 800. I think Devialet have really raised the bar when it comes to detail and transparency. Value for money is extraordinary.

Would the 800 beat a full Constellation Audio/Metronome rig? I don't know. But then we're talking well in excess of £100k.

Do I think Devialet should rest on their laurels? No! Absolutely not. I for one will be massively disappointed if they don't continue to improve the SQ. And yes I think they can still improve on it!

Re marketing let's not forget that this is a small company dealing with phenomenal demand for its products. There are bound to be some bottlenecks in the company. As I've stated elsewhere Devialet sales are outstripping everything else combined!!! It's almost unprecedented in hi-fi, certainly in this era of Sonos and iDevices.

Personally I think the #phantomrising campaign is genius. No doubt the new product will be very disruptive indeed. I can't wait to find out more. Smile

Guillaume

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - thumb5 - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 11:53)G51 Wrote: And their marketing approach is just too lousy. So lousy!

I'd say the existence and length of this thread says that their marketing is successful - it might not be to your individual taste, but we're all talking about it!

It's arguably a radical approach to marketing for a hi-fi company, but good for Devialet for being a bit daring. My impression is that in the long-term they're not about being "a hi-fi company" anyway.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 13:14)Vivialet Wrote:
(03-Dec-2014, 11:53)G51 Wrote: And their marketing approach is just too lousy. So lousy!

Why ? Who is doing better ? I think their homepage is better than most of their competitors sites. What is really missing there ? You find all technical data, lots of informations, a direct support link, reviews, firmware downloads. So what do you dislike ?

Their marketing is a bit annoying, but that said, some of the most successful marketing campaigns ever were successful because they were annoying!

It has to be said that a lot of Devialet’s “Knowledge Base” is out of date or incomplete. Just look at the many posts on this forum related to connecting dual mono amplifiers, methods of streaming etc. and you can see the desire for good factual information is in no way matched by the data included in Devialet’s own “Knowledge base”.

Then you have the responses you get to support requests, often evasive, sometimes bordering on dishonest. So I guess that while there is definite room for improvement in these areas, then yes, all this marketing stuff can get seriously annoying.

Sounds good though, which is all that really matters.

Devialet's newest technology...? - adhesiv - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 14:30)Confused Wrote:
(03-Dec-2014, 13:14)Vivialet Wrote:

Why ? Who is doing better ? I think their homepage is better than most of their competitors sites. What is really missing there ? You find all technical data, lots of informations, a direct support link, reviews, firmware downloads. So what do you dislike ?

Their marketing is a bit annoying, but that said, some of the most successful marketing campaigns ever were successful because they were annoying!

It has to be said that a lot of Devialet’s “Knowledge Base” is out of date or incomplete. Just look at the many posts on this forum related to connecting dual mono amplifiers, methods of streaming etc. and you can see the desire for good factual information is in no way matched by the data included in Devialet’s own “Knowledge base”.

Then you have the responses you get to support requests, often evasive, sometimes bordering on dishonest. So I guess that while there is definite room for improvement in these areas, then yes, all this marketing stuff can get seriously annoying.

Sounds good though, which is all that really matters.

+1...these are my thoughts exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Antoine - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 11:53)G51 Wrote: I bought Devialet because I thought the guys at Devialet should concentrate on making their products sound better and better and in one day, hopefully 1 to 2 years, at least as good as the top-flight PRE / AMP / DAC Combos. That's the reason why audiophiles spend the money on them and give up their conventional gears.

And their marketing approach is just too lousy. So lousy!

Actually I bought the Devialet because it fit my needs best at the time. All improvements made over the years (and those coming) have been (and are to be) bonuses! Smile

And personally I don't really care about their marketing but think it's fine. The quality of their technical support and engineering OTOH does matter a lot to me.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Jwg1749 - 03-Dec-2014

https://twitter.com/hashtag/soundofthefutur?src=hash

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Antoine - 03-Dec-2014

Hmmm...Devialet removed/censored my link to http://en.www.phantomrising.com/ on their FB page. Guess that gave away too much, or they did it for some other reason I don't know. Would have been nice if they'd let me know after removal though.

Again a new update on their FB page BTW, 19 minutes ago:

A group picture with the following text:
Quote:The Devialet team facing the upcoming revolution.
Proud, overwhelmed, tired but readier than ever to change everything again.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - PhilP - 03-Dec-2014

For anyone interested, the link http://en.phantomrising.com/ works.

"RIP Speakers, Stereos, Dockstations, Homecinema... Open Your Ears. We will implode everything."

I love it, but if I was an investor, I would be taking my money out of the company as fast as possible Smile

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 17:43)Antoine Wrote: The Devialet team facing the upcoming revolution.
[/quote]

The French don't have a particularly good reputation with revolutions do they?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - GuillaumeB - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 17:49)PhilP Wrote: I love it, but if I was an investor, I would be taking my money out of the company as fast as possible Smile

PhilP - I imagine the Devialet team has a fair bit of credibility with their investors.

I think the #phantomrising campaign is rather inspired. Some of the execution on FB isn't perfect (to say the least) but social media is never 100% straightforward.

Guillaume