Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - GuillaumeB - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 17:58)Confused Wrote: The French don't have a particularly good reputation with revolutions do they?

Less of the French bashing jokes pls! TongueBig Grin

Guillaume

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - thumb5 - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 17:49)PhilP Wrote: I love it, but if I was an investor, I would be taking my money out of the company as fast as possible Smile

If Devialet are going to launch a high(er)-volume product, I'd be tempted to put some money into Analog Devices Wink (Slightly in jest -- Devialet is probably a fairly small customer for AD.)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - PhilP - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 18:09)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(03-Dec-2014, 17:49)PhilP Wrote: I love it, but if I was an investor, I would be taking my money out of the company as fast as possible Smile

PhilP - I imagine the Devialet team has a fair bit of credibility with their investors.

I think the #phantomrising campaign is rather inspired. Some of the execution on FB isn't perfect (to say the least) but social media is never 100% straightforward.

Guillaume

Yeah, as I said a love the campaign too. if its just marketing b.s. then fine but I know this type of claim (if its what the management team believes) can make investors question their grasp on reality Wink

Q: Whats the difference between a smart frenchman and a unicorn?

A: Nothing, they're both fictional characters.

and a seasonal one

Q: Why wasn't Jesus born in France?

A: He couldn't find three wise men or a virgin

Devialet's newest technology...? - adhesiv - 03-Dec-2014

Yeah they removed my link to phantom rising as well...not sure what's going on with this campaign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - GuillaumeB - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 18:20)PhilP Wrote:
(03-Dec-2014, 18:09)GuillaumeB Wrote:

PhilP - I imagine the Devialet team has a fair bit of credibility with their investors.

I think the #phantomrising campaign is rather inspired. Some of the execution on FB isn't perfect (to say the least) but social media is never 100% straightforward.

Guillaume

Yeah, as I said a love the campaign too. its just marketing b.s. then fine but I know this type of claim (if its what the management team believes) can make investors question their grasp on reality Wink

Q: Whats the difference between a smart frenchman and a unicorn?

A: Nothing, they're both fictional characters.

and a seasonal one

Q: Why wasn't Jesus born in France?

A: He couldn't find three wise men or a virgin

Mildly offensive PhilP Angry

Guillaume

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - adhesiv - 03-Dec-2014

yeah i think we should cut back on the French jokes...

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - PhilP - 03-Dec-2014

Guillaume, I'm sorry - I'm surprised that you are so easily offended Blush They are only silly jokes. Any nationality could be substituted for French.

Some of the most offensive jokes I've heard have been French jokes about the Belgians Smile

(03-Dec-2014, 18:56)adhesiv Wrote: yeah i think we should cut back on the French jokes...

What sort of jokes would you prefer? We could start a joke thread if you like?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - adhesiv - 03-Dec-2014

let's keep it non-denominational and stay on topic maybe Smile

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 03-Dec-2014

I figured that #phantomrising is just the French having a dig at the sex life of the average Brit.....

Getting the thread back on topic, and noting the picture of all the exhausted Devialet staff on the Facebook page, I wonder if the focus and resources that have been put into the new project has perhaps diverted the companies efforts away from other areas? Hence exacerbating the rather slow and poor response recently to white noise and Configurator issues etc. Maybe with the new project complete, then the companies efforts in other areas will now suddenly improve? I am forever the eternal optimist!

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - IanG-UK - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 20:10)adhesiv Wrote: let's keep it non-denominational and stay on topic maybe Smile

Managing an expanding brand like Devialet was always going to be difficult. That's why their latest marketing looks odd and is, in my view, slightly immature.

Thank goodness I'm not managing an audio forum (but I hope this one will keep up its impeccable standards and not descend to the level which HiFi Wigwam does all too frequently).

Dodgy