Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Rob35 - 04-Dec-2014

(04-Dec-2014, 20:13)darthsteph Wrote: Here is a tweet from Quentin Sannié :

"Sonos lève $ 130M : Trop tard, on arrive le 16 décembre !"

= "Sonos raises $ 130M : Too late, we're coming on 16th december !"

So...

If they want to compete with (market leader) Sonos and make their statement "One day, everyone will own a Devialet" become reality i'm really curious of the price point of these new products.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - thumb5 - 04-Dec-2014

(04-Dec-2014, 21:12)Rob35 Wrote: If they want to compete with Sonos and make their statement "One day, everyone will own a Devialet" become reality i'm really curious of the price point of these new products.

Yes, I'm intrigued. To compete with Sonos from a standing start, it's going to need to be quite special. And leaving aside technical capabilities, the user interface (control software) will need to be very slick.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - adhesiv - 04-Dec-2014

(04-Dec-2014, 21:12)Rob35 Wrote:

So...

If they want to compete with (market leader) Sonos and make their statement "One day, everyone will own a Devialet" become reality i'm really curious of the price point of these new products.

It's still not clear what's being released...another whole home system is not revolutionary. I realize some of this is marketing hyperbole but this picture [Image: bg-phantom.png] is surely based on technology i've never seen before.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Eddye - 04-Dec-2014

(04-Dec-2014, 21:12)Rob35 Wrote:

So...

Sonos strong point is their software. It's dead easy to setup and to use. If Devialet or Phantom or whomever wants to compete with Sonos your need a sub €300 box with speaker that is as easy to setup and to use. I don't see that coming from them TBH.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - adhesiv - 04-Dec-2014

I wonder if there will be some kind of seamless linking with Devialet units to make it even more special.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Rufus McDufus - 04-Dec-2014

I guess a small integrated unit could also function as a digital input to a Devialet?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - ozthepoz - 04-Dec-2014

(04-Dec-2014, 21:38)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I guess a small integrated unit could also function as a digital input to a Devialet?

Do you mean like an external dongle?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Rufus McDufus - 04-Dec-2014

I was just idly guessing that if the new unit consisted of a control unit separate from the speakers it could effectively work as a transport into the current Devialet amps, and provide UPnP and whatever they've been promising. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree though.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - PhilP - 04-Dec-2014

It actually looks like an air heater with the air coming in on the left hand side, heating elements along the length of the body with the air being expelled through the grille to the right. I can't see a fan but that could be obscured by the end casing.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 04-Dec-2014

It looks like a trilobite.....