Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - DJ 04 - 04-Dec-2014

(04-Dec-2014, 22:17)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I was just idly guessing that if the new unit consisted of a control unit separate from the speakers it could effectively work as a transport into the current Devialet amps, and provide UPnP and whatever they've been promising. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree though.

My hope is that the Deviate has enough remaining processor power to run this without additional hardware. I vaguely remember reference to an FPGA that was reserved for new features. I'm not sure if that was used for SAM though.

If a mass market sonos type device can pay for the development of the controller/player/server software and it works natively with the Deviate that is a win/win for everyone.

Who knows maybe this could be a gateway drug for new Deviate owners. Start with a phantom rising and love it some much you upgrade to D120/200 and you're already familiar with all the software needed to run it.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Pim - 04-Dec-2014

...I'm still looking for where you stick the suction hose in Wink

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 04-Dec-2014

(04-Dec-2014, 23:49)Pim van Vliet Wrote: ...I'm still looking for where you stick the suction hose in Wink

Why do you need a suction hose for something that is clearly designed for drying your hair?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Pim - 05-Dec-2014

(04-Dec-2014, 23:57)Confused Wrote:
(04-Dec-2014, 23:49)Pim van Vliet Wrote: ...I'm still looking for where you stick the suction hose in Wink

Why do you need a suction hose for something that is clearly designed for drying your hair?

Way too much imagination Confused.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - ozthepoz - 05-Dec-2014

Was looking at some stuff on youtube last night and the phantom rising advert came on. Interesting that they are using broader channels to promote this, and does suggest it's more of a mass market thing.

The ad is nicely done, but (as I think we all know) it doesn't tell you very much.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Eddye - 05-Dec-2014

(05-Dec-2014, 08:13)ozthepoz Wrote: Was looking at some stuff on youtube last night and the phantom rising advert came on. Interesting that they are using broader channels to promote this, and does suggest it's more of a mass market thing.

The ad is nicely done, but (as I think we all know) it doesn't tell you very much.
Saw it last night on Youtube too. Very beautifully made ad. It doesn't seem to be a Devialet product, though. Very vague, all in all.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - thumb5 - 05-Dec-2014

There's now a very fancy video background to the phantomrising home page, with some tantalising/subliminal glimpses of technology every now and again. I have to say, whatever it is, it's got me hooked with anticipation!

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 05-Dec-2014

I think the subliminal image looks like the same hair drier looking thing posted earlier in this thread?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - ozthepoz - 05-Dec-2014

(05-Dec-2014, 12:14)Confused Wrote: I think the subliminal image looks like the same hair drier looking thing posted earlier in this thread?

Free hair drier with every new system? Taking the WAF to new heights!

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Eddye - 05-Dec-2014

(05-Dec-2014, 13:55)ozthepoz Wrote: Taking the WAF to new heights!

There are other appliances for that Wink