Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 05-Dec-2014

(05-Dec-2014, 13:57)Eddye Wrote:
(05-Dec-2014, 13:55)ozthepoz Wrote: Taking the WAF to new heights!

There are other appliances for that Wink

Which takes us back to #Phantomrising

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - GuillaumeB - 07-Dec-2014

Anyone on here won any prizes yet?!

Guillaume

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - ozthepoz - 07-Dec-2014

(07-Dec-2014, 14:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: Anyone on here won any prizes yet?!

Guillaume

Not me. Or my alias, the wife, the dog, or either of the hamsters :-(

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - IGuardianI - 10-Dec-2014

A dutch audio company, audiofile, announced today that a new floorstander optimized for D120 and D200 will be released in Q1 2015. Could this be what Phatomrising is about?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Rob35 - 10-Dec-2014

(10-Dec-2014, 10:44)IGuardianI Wrote: A dutch audio company, audiofile, announced today that a new floorstander optimized for D120 and D200 will be released in Q1 2015. Could this be what Phatomrising is about?

I still suspect it's going to be a mass market product and can't imagine a floor stander being part of the strategy. It also strikes me that lots of musicians get invited to experience phantom rising. Why would that be?

Re: RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - amabrok - 11-Dec-2014

(10-Dec-2014, 20:48)Rob35 Wrote: It also strikes me that lots of musicians get invited to experience phantom rising. Why would that be?

Speaking of which, could it be yet another standard, like MQA, but one that is really designed for their ADH and they are inviting musicians to audition it in order to get endorsement to produce their music in this new format?!

Devialet's newest technology...? - adhesiv - 11-Dec-2014

Not likely format related...there's definitely some kind of speaker based hardware being released if we go back to the images posted and now seeing something physical being shipped in flight cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Flashman - 11-Dec-2014

(11-Dec-2014, 06:41)adhesiv Wrote: Not likely format related...there's definitely some kind of speaker based hardware being released if we go back to the images posted and now seeing something physical being shipped in flight cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read the following from Andy Kennard, GM Asia for Devialet, in an interview he did for Australian Hi-Fi back on Nov. 3. This answer was in response to a question regarding what could be expected of Devialet in the near future.

AK: I’ll give you both a closed and an open answer. The closed answer is I can’t tell you because it’s super-secret but very exciting. The open answer is that you can’t change the world of audio if you only stay in the high-end audio niche. It’s a wonderful place; it’s my home and it’s your home. But it’s a very small group of people. So we have to make our products in the future more affordable and easier to use for a non-audiophile. That’s inevitable. I can tell you that we look at everything.

Okay, me again, I think the next innovation will be a more entry-level device that requires only speakers (SAM will be incorporated). It'll probably be 100-150 watts or so. It will stream Spotify. Tidal, Qobuz. It might have some storage. It will have a full-featured remote. It will also have iOS and Android apps. And, of course, it will sound great. Price will be 2500 USD. Just my hunch.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - rik - 11-Dec-2014

Naim Mu-So competitor - or possibly a bit more expensive - think single box Linn Kiko.

Rik

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Flashman - 11-Dec-2014

(11-Dec-2014, 15:25)rik Wrote: Naim Mu-So competitor - or possibly a bit more expensive - think single box Linn Kiko.

Rik

Hmmm you might be right. Forget my idea about adding speakers. It will have built in speakers, probably produced by the guy that does the Atohm speakers. And they will already have SAM EQ.