Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - PhilP - 17-Dec-2014

Interesting video on YouTube (in French) Phantom Video

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Antoine - 17-Dec-2014

Sounds good! Smile

Quote:Along with Phantom, Devialet has created a new iOS and Android application called Spark to control playback of local music and streaming services like Qobuz, Deezer, and in the not-to-distant future Tidal HiFi. Equally as impressive as Phantom was the demonstration of Spark. The application works exactly how users think about music playback rather than forcing the user to play music based on an antiquated GUI. Spark’s playback queue is so fast and impressive I can’t do it justice via a limited number roof words. Dragging and dropping tracks and albums and playlists via iPad and watching them same queue on an optional computer instantly mirror the iPad was extremely impressive. I know what it takes to develop applications and I can guarantee the Devialet team is seriously talented.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - thumb5 - 17-Dec-2014

Yes, built-in support for those streaming services is very good news. Looking forward to seeing how well the UI works, but it sounds good so far.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - amabrok - 17-Dec-2014

(17-Dec-2014, 18:17)Antoine Wrote: Sounds good! Smile

Quote:Along with Phantom, Devialet has created a new iOS and Android application called Spark to control playback of local music and streaming services like Qobuz, Deezer, and in the not-to-distant future Tidal HiFi. Equally as impressive as Phantom was the demonstration of Spark. The application works exactly how users think about music playback rather than forcing the user to play music based on an antiquated GUI. Spark’s playback queue is so fast and impressive I can’t do it justice via a limited number roof words. Dragging and dropping tracks and albums and playlists via iPad and watching them same queue on an optional computer instantly mirror the iPad was extremely impressive. I know what it takes to develop applications and I can guarantee the Devialet team is seriously talented.

good indeed !

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - PhilP - 17-Dec-2014

Positive comments from CNET about Phantom CNET Phantom:

Premières impressions
Lors de la présentation de la Phantom, Devialet nous l'a faite écouter en solo, en synchronisation à huit modules avec de la musique ou en mode Home Cinéma. La playlist se constituait de Eagles (Hotel California), Prince, Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon en quadriphonie), Gainsbourg (Melody Nelson), M, du classique et du contemporain. Pour la séquence de Home Cinéma, il s'agissait d'un extrait d'Interstellar.

Impressionnant, c'est le premier sentiment qui vient à la première écoute.En solo ou en combinaison, le son délivré est puissant, détaillé, spatial, précis et impulsif. Les basses sont là et bien là. Les Phantom peuvent cependant se montrer un petit peu brouillonnent sur des morceaux complexe avec un peu moins de précision à l'écoute. Mais nous ne connaissons pas les sources utilisées, difficile de porter un jugement définitif dans ces conditions.

Une seule chose de sûre : nus avons vraiment hâte de tester les Devialet Phantom.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - adhesiv - 17-Dec-2014

This was an interesting post on the Devialet facebook page...

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 17-Dec-2014

I realy don't want to sound negative, if I could buy a Dialog now I would without hesitation. However, I bought a Devialet in the first place because of its sound quality, and in all the commercial stuff that's come out, including that from Devialet, there has been no mention that Dialog has in anyway been made to optimise sound quality for existing owners. Are they loosing focus?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - hifi4ever - 17-Dec-2014

(17-Dec-2014, 22:54)adhesiv Wrote: This was an interesting post on the Devialet facebook page...

If the Phantoms are usable with the existing Devialet amps, they would be a very interesting addition to the whole Devialet family. Although I would be happy to see a pair of passive Devialet speakers also... I'm also wondering about the price; 4000€ for a pair of (excellent?!) speakers is not much, when we're talking about High-End stereo equipment. Smile

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 17-Dec-2014

How good are they? It'll be some time before we will get some proper reviews, or get a chance to listen ourselves? Good reports so far, but are they good in absolute terms or in comparison with a Sonos or Zepelin? Can't wait to hear one myself!

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - thumb5 - 17-Dec-2014

(17-Dec-2014, 23:16)Confused Wrote: I realy don't want to sound negative, if I could buy a Dialog now I would without hesitation. However, I bought a Devialet in the first place because of its sound quality, and in all the commercial stuff that's come out, including that from Devialet, there has been no mention that Dialog has in anyway been made to optimise sound quality for existing owners. Are they loosing focus?

Much as I admire the engineering of the Phantom, "the best sound in the world" perhaps has to be taken with a pinch of salt along the the rest of the fairly hyperbolic marketing.

I agree about the Dialog, though: as a dedicated streamer to bring Qobuz, etc. at high fidelity into an existing Devialet it's likely to be top of my new-toy shopping list as soon as it's available.

(17-Dec-2014, 23:55)Confused Wrote: How good are they? It'll be some time before we will get some proper reviews, or get a chance to listen ourselves? Good reports so far, but are they good in absolute terms or in comparison with a Sonos or Zepelin? Can't wait to hear one myself!

I'd be very disappointed if the Phantom's sound quality wasn't in a different league to a Sonos Play:1/3/5. It would have to be to justify that kind of price tag, and I doubt the radical engineering of the Phantom would be needed to for performance on a par with the Sonos speakers. I'd love to hear one, too.