Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 18-Dec-2014

Ok, so let's say how good vs Ensamble ? I suspect one is more hi fi one more night club, for want of a better term. But I'll reserve judgment until I've had a listen! I might be well off the mark?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - mauidan - 18-Dec-2014

From a US Dealer's website:

"In addition there will be a matching stand called the Branch ($299), a Remote ($149), and the Dialog music streamer ($349) controllable through a smartphone or tablet app."

Anyone seen pictures of the Branch?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - gray - 18-Dec-2014

Please, please Devialet, look after your current customers.

We have the amp and we have the speakers and lots of us have SAM.
Now what we need are some active subwoofers based on the new Phantom technology with a SAM profile that integrates the subs and main speakers.
Wireless, of course.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - amabrok - 18-Dec-2014

I am not sure if this link was shared before but it is a structured read

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/speakers/1402277/devialet-phantom-multiroom-audio-system-revealed

"Phantom" is the hardware gear, you can have up to 24 of them connected and controlled in sync through "Dialog" the wireless hub. Also you can place your Phantoms on the floor, or on a specially designed mount the "Branch", which also help in dissipating heat. All of the is controlled by the app "Spark" soon to be available for iOS, Android, Windows and Mac.

Some nice images ....

[Image: 15919d1418783157t-img_0200.jpg]

[Image: 15920d1418783157t-img_0201.jpg]

[Image: 15924d1418783157t-img_0205.jpg]

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - PhilP - 18-Dec-2014

There's a new message on the Devialet site saying that it will be possible to order Phantom on-line from 22nd December. So no need to visit Harrods or Colette ... unless you really want to, of course.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - G51 - 18-Dec-2014

(17-Dec-2014, 23:16)Confused Wrote: I realy don't want to sound negative, if I could buy a Dialog now I would without hesitation. However, I bought a Devialet in the first place because of its sound quality, and in all the commercial stuff that's come out, including that from Devialet, there has been no mention that Dialog has in anyway been made to optimise sound quality for existing owners. Are they loosing focus?

I agree. Is Devialet loosing focus? We already got our DXXX. No one ever tell us why we need the Dialog and the Phantom. Streaming or multi-room things, 24 phantoms..... are not the most important. Devialet should do its best in pushing the envelope on 2-CH playback.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - amabrok - 18-Dec-2014

(18-Dec-2014, 10:54)G51 Wrote:
(17-Dec-2014, 23:16)Confused Wrote: I realy don't want to sound negative, if I could buy a Dialog now I would without hesitation. However, I bought a Devialet in the first place because of its sound quality, and in all the commercial stuff that's come out, including that from Devialet, there has been no mention that Dialog has in anyway been made to optimise sound quality for existing owners. Are they loosing focus?

I agree. Is Devialet loosing focus? We already got our DXXX. No one ever tell us why we need the Dialog and the Phantom. Streaming or multi-room things, 24 phantoms..... are not the most important. Devialet should do its best in pushing the envelope on 2-CH playback.

I am inclined to believe that this is not aimed at us. they simply want to expand the business and get out of the niche.

now if this will lead to a loss of focus and derailing off their tracks towards best sound reproduction then i will obviously be very disappointed. but if this will be another revenue stream that will enable Devialet to grow and invest more on innovative R&D to serve us with more breakthrough inventions and platforms then we will all benefit.

Again i still believe Dialog is designed for Phantom and not the D series. Fingers crossed, the D seres should have enough processing power to do the additional functionality of Dialog following a firmware upgrade maybe a major one from 7.1.1. to 8.0 after which it should be possible for the D series to work and integrate with Spark and bridge the gap of direct streaming and UPnP

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Flashman - 18-Dec-2014

[/quote]

I am inclined to believe that this is not aimed at us. they simply want to expand the business and get out of the niche.

now if this will lead to a loss of focus and derailing off their tracks towards best sound reproduction then i will obviously be very disappointed. but if this will be another revenue stream that will enable Devialet to grow and invest more on innovative R&D to serve us with more breakthrough inventions and platforms then we will all benefit.

Again i still believe Dialog is designed for Phantom and not the D series. Fingers crossed, the D seres should have enough processing power to do the additional functionality of Dialog following a firmware upgrade maybe a major one from 7.1.1. to 8.0 after which it should be possible for the D series to work and integrate with Spark and bridge the gap of direct streaming and UPnP
[/quote]

I think you are on the right track. Devialet will have its premium customers (Devialet D-series) and its aspirational customers (Phantom et al). They will continually try to build in extra functionality to the D-series before the hardware runs out of steam. If the latter should occur, they might do something à la the Devialet Premier and have a hardware upgrade option, which would lead to further functionality, i.e., having Dialog and Spark capabilities if they cannot be accommodated by the current hardware setup. I have to believe the business folks at Devialet have thought of this well ahead of the recent announcements. On the other hand, the email that all of us received about the new products lumps everything into the Devialet "eco-system." I guess we'll just have to see...

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Pim - 18-Dec-2014

[/quote]

The ADH platform is here to stay and I can't see Devialet making that sound worse for more sales. If anything, they are using Phantom to lure in those who are not aware of life beyond Bose. Don't forget who's money behind this is; the guy owns Louis Vuitton, Hennessey and Moet. He's not going to turn this into a cheap brand. I think they are merely trying ways to get people interested in High End audio. Not an easy task but it would be great if they can. And keep in mind the competition. Everyone will want to bring something to the market that can compete agains Devialet so this could turn into an iPhone/Samsung battle... new goodies every 6 months!

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - G51 - 18-Dec-2014

It seemed that Devialet is telling the customers should buy the Phantom rather than the so-called expert line D??? as Phantom is the latest technology and have the best sound. Devialet does not explain to us what they are planning on further enhance the performance of our amp. Remember the last update has been quite a few months ago. And the SAM is initially intended for Phantom instead.

I like to ask you guys a question - If you haven't bought a D???, would you go for it without hesitation now?

Will Devialet explain to us what they are thinking at this forum or at its Facebook?