Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - PhilP - 20-Dec-2014

The Phantom is a tremendous achievement and I can't wait to try one. I've been thinking about how I could use the system practically in our house (not as a main hi-fi) and I have reached the conclusion that I would have preferred it if they had developed separate Phantom models to cover a) the bass and b) the mid and treble; as well as c) the full-range model. I'm sure these could be integrated using Devialet's clever electronics and would, I guess, be easier to accommodate for most people. Having seen the videos of the pulsing drivers I'm not sure I would want them on display in our living room. Still, I reserve judgement until I have seen and heard one Wink

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - amabrok - 20-Dec-2014

(20-Dec-2014, 15:02)PhilP Wrote: The Phantom is a tremendous achievement and I can't wait to try one. I've been thinking about how I could use the system practically in our house (not as a main hi-fi) and I have reached the conclusion that I would have preferred it if they had developed separate Phantom models to cover a) the bass and b) the mid and treble; as well as c) the full-range model. I'm sure these could be integrated using Devialet's clever electronics and would, I guess, be easier to accommodate for most people. Having seen the videos of the pulsing drivers I'm not sure I would want them on display in our living room. Still, I reserve judgement until I have seen and heard one Wink

yeah many of the bookshelf speakers owners would love to have phantoms designed as subs to complement their system

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Jwg1749 - 20-Dec-2014

I'd have thought it would be pretty simple for Devialet to implement a low-pass filter option, and as you say it might be quite attractive for some people. Who knows, maybe the option already exists?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - IanG-UK - 20-Dec-2014

Strange that you can buy both the Dialog and both Phantoms online via the Devialet German website from Monday 22nd December, but not via the French or English websites.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Charlemagne - 20-Dec-2014

(20-Dec-2014, 19:26)IanG-UK Wrote: Strange that you can buy both the Dialog and both Phantoms online via the Devialet German website from Monday 22nd December, but not via the French or English websites.

Devialet is in the proces of updating the different websites, one by one, I just guess. Of course the wealthy Germans go first....Wink

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Music or sound - 20-Dec-2014

I was thinking how the Phantom will be used. The Dialog as a specific and required router and a WiFI connection to a computer or a Pad etc. is necessary. Good for a office but how to use it for a bedroom system?
Where to store music files? No USB is available on the Dialog for an external drive. Some NAS via WiFi or ethernet but that would be restricted to more network competent users - so not a Devialet for everyone?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Charlemagne - 20-Dec-2014

I understand that you can use as much as 24 Dialogs all through the house who are making connection with each other. I'm sure one of them can find the NAS, hidden somewhere in the broom closet.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - amabrok - 20-Dec-2014

(20-Dec-2014, 21:26)Charlemagne Wrote: I understand that you can use as much as 24 Dialogs all through the house who are making connection with each other. I'm sure one of them can find the NAS, hidden somewhere in the broom closet.

is it using 24 Dialogs or 24 Phantoms?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Jwg1749 - 20-Dec-2014

Good point. I'm sure Charlemagne meant Phantoms.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Music or sound - 20-Dec-2014

I understand that the Dialog could find a NAS even if hidden away (hopefully more reliable than an AIR connection). But most people have no NAS or know anything about it. I am not talking about members of this or similar discussion groups but most potential buyers who are interested in a simple, small sound system and would be attracted to the Phantom. They will have computer but not devoted to music.
It will be interesting what Devialet's setup instructions will be.