Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Charlemagne - 20-Dec-2014

(20-Dec-2014, 22:50)amabrok Wrote:
(20-Dec-2014, 21:26)Charlemagne Wrote: I understand that you can use as much as 24 Dialogs all through the house who are making connection with each other. I'm sure one of them can find the NAS, hidden somewhere in the broom closet.

is it using 24 Dialogs or 24 Phantoms?

I admit you're right amabrok! This is what the White Paper says:

Quote:Compatible with PHANTOM and the existing range of Devialet amplifiers comes a brand new intelligent audio router called DIALOG.
DIALOG creates a full wireless audio system in high resolution throughout your home, and can control and synchronize up to 24 PHANTOMs.It is connected to your own internet router, DIALOG can also directly access music from the cloud.
Based on an extremely low-latency proprietary protocol realising 1,000,000 calls per second, DIALOG allows multiple users to seamlessly control the music being played and edit a shared playlist in real time. Every user contributes by making their music (stored on their mobile devices, or available from the cloud through the music services they have suscribed to) available to other users hooked up to the same DIALOG network.
Thanks to the SPARK application, your PHANTOMs can be used alone as an independent music system, or grouped in pairs as a classical stereo installation, or in a scalable mulichannel system with 3, 4, 5 PHANTOMs or more ...
The SPARK application also allows you to do live grouping, allowing to play different music in each room, or fill the house with the same music for a big party.
DIALOG creates the most robust network on the market today, by combining 3 dual-band Wi-Fi connexions, a 1Gbps Ethernet, and Power Line Communication of the latest generation.
Each PHANTOM has an optical Toslink input and is able to share this input signal with any other PHANTOM on the network. Wired connectivity to the DIALOG network through a 1Gbps Ethernet RJ-45 port is also available.

If the WiFi network of the Dialog is strong all over the house 'Music or sound' should be able to approach it with his tablet from his bedroom, might that be his major concern overthere Wink

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Music or sound - 21-Dec-2014

Not mine, no sound system in my bedroom even not a phone!

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Charlemagne - 21-Dec-2014

(20-Dec-2014, 20:28)Music or sound Wrote: I was thinking how the Phantom will be used. The Dialog as a specific and required router and a WiFI connection to a computer or a Pad etc. is necessary. Good for a office but how to use it for a bedroom system?

Just responded to your question. Huh

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Music or sound - 21-Dec-2014

(21-Dec-2014, 02:01)Charlemagne Wrote:
(20-Dec-2014, 20:28)Music or sound Wrote: I was thinking how the Phantom will be used. The Dialog as a specific and required router and a WiFI connection to a computer or a Pad etc. is necessary. Good for a office but how to use it for a bedroom system?

Just responded to your question. Huh

I am not describing my needs but thinking about the customer base for a Phantom and also how little most audio dealers can advise and help their clientele with computer audio. I assume that Phantom has to be commercially successful for the future of Devialet.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Petter - 21-Dec-2014

Maybee stupid qestion but.......how would Dialog best be intergrated with the Devialet amp ?

Most of us have a Devialet amp ,would this for most of us replacement the air streaming ??

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - amabrok - 21-Dec-2014

(21-Dec-2014, 07:28)Petter Wrote: Maybee stupid qestion but.......how would Dialog best be intergrated with the Devialet amp ?

Most of us have a Devialet amp ,would this for most of us replacement the air streaming ??
From the very limited available info it seems that USB connection is the only way to connect Dialog to D series (at least for now)

Maybe a future firmware update will allow D series to connect wirelessly with Dialog.

It seems that Dialog will enable functions like streaming from NAS and online services like Qobuz and others...

From what is known so far Dialog will have two dual band networks (guest and phantom) and my understanding that D series Wifi module sports only 2.4 ghz and not 5ghz but still this should not be a problem to having a stable and reliable connection.

Having said all that, I believe that Dialog is designed for Phantom and I hope the future firmware update for D series will bring built-in Dialog functionality without the need for an extra box.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Charlemagne - 21-Dec-2014

(21-Dec-2014, 09:08)amabrok Wrote: Having said all that, I believe that Dialog is designed for Phantom and I hope the future firmware update for D series will bring built-in Dialog functionality without the need for an extra box.

Wise words, amabrok! I do hope the smart guys of Devialet reading them to.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Eddye - 21-Dec-2014

(21-Dec-2014, 10:11)Charlemagne Wrote:
(21-Dec-2014, 09:08)amabrok Wrote: Having said all that, I believe that Dialog is designed for Phantom and I hope the future firmware update for D series will bring built-in Dialog functionality without the need for an extra box.

I hope so too, provided SPARK will be a very good UI.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - amabrok - 21-Dec-2014

(21-Dec-2014, 10:11)Charlemagne Wrote:

thanks Charlemagne!

I hope they are following all our threads on the forum, this is honestly a gold mine for them

and for D series, after all the idea is to have all the breakthrough innovation in one neat box (maximum two if you go for a dual mono configuration) , not talking here of course about crazy setups with 8 units daisy chained like the one we saw with the B&W Nautilus Smile

(21-Dec-2014, 10:16)Eddye Wrote: I hope so too, provided SPARK will be a very good UI.

I agree Eddye

Devialet owe it to themselves and to all of us here to ensure that Spark will be a smart, smooth and functional single control point for everything. There are many other companies with less innovation and financial power and managed to release brilliant apps.

So imagine Spark connect to D series and give full remote control functionality, on the fly configurator, music playback/control from NAS and online streaming services, etc... (that would be wow Smile )

I guess it is just about time for Devialet to show their true metal on this front

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 21-Dec-2014

I think I understand what @Music and Sound was trying to say. It looks like Dialog will work fine with music on a smart phone or streaming service but otherwise will need a NAS drive on some kind of network to offer stored music. Many products within the target market of Phantom have built in storage, or can run from music stored on an external USB hard drive. Perhaps Devialet figure that most people will be happy if it will simply play compressed music straight from their iPhone? I think many people in Phantoms target market will baulk at the thought of needing to set up and maintain a NAS drive / network or similar. However, plugging in a hard drive loaded with music would be a lot more palatable to most folk. Plus, this can't be that hard to achieve, my £200 Bluray player can run music direct from a hard drive or USB stick, and it can play Blurays too! Something like the Pioneer N30 can do it too, and this costs £300 with a nice display and decent iPad app. OK, the Pioneer may not be the last work in sound quality. Perhaps we all need to see more details of the thing before jumping to too many conclusions, but I do have an uneasy feeling that they have not got this quite right?