Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 04-Jan-2015

Looking at Devialet's latest website update today I notice that in the dual mono expert section it states:

"Dual-mono configurations improve each aspect of your Devialet: the distortion rate is divided by 4 (THD+N 0,00025%), the number of inputs is doubled, the possibilities for expansions and upgrades are limitless and the power is infinite."

Surly limitless expansions and upgrades, combined with infinite power easily trounces 1000 better? I've just done some calculations, and infinite power is a LOT more than 3000w.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - rik - 04-Jan-2015

Infinite power also causes some issues with the 2nd law of thermodynamics so I'd be quite weary to use.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - f1eng - 04-Jan-2015

(04-Jan-2015, 16:00)rik Wrote: Infinite power also causes some issues with the 2nd law of thermodynamics so I'd be quite weary to use.

And with all our fuses...

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - f1eng - 05-Jan-2015

I am told that Dialog+Spark is a big upgrade in terms of ease of use and streaming capability for the D series too.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Vivialet - 05-Jan-2015

does Phantom also use a master/slave architecture ? Or does each Phantom receive it's own Wifi Signal ? Maybe if you have 2 Devialet amps that are both equipped with the wifi board you don't need the sync cable anymore...

Devialet's newest technology...? - amabrok - 05-Jan-2015

(05-Jan-2015, 09:29)Vivialet Wrote: does Phantom also use a master/slave architecture ? Or does each Phantom receive it's own Wifi Signal ? Maybe if you have 2 Devialet amps that are both equipped with the wifi board you don't need the sync cable anymore...

My understanding is there is no master/slave architecture. All units are self contained and the Dialog will act as a central control unit that orchestrate communication between all unit connected to it wirelessly.

Now your point will be brilliant to the Expert line if the same concept can be implemented with the D series and we get rid of the buggy master / slave link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Jwg1749 - 05-Jan-2015

(05-Jan-2015, 08:39)f1eng Wrote: I am told that Dialog+Spark is a big upgrade in terms of ease of use and streaming capability for the D series too.

If that's the case -- and it would be very disappointing were it not -- it'll be a big relief for me and, I suspect, quite a few others who've lost faith in AIR (white noise over ethernet is my particular bugbear, but integration with JRiver on Windows is also a PITA) and don't fancy shelling out for something by Auralic, Aurender or the like.

In fact, my disillusionment with AIR was nudging me towards ditching Devialet altogether (especially now that my D200 has been 'relegated' to my second system) and buying some active speakers, e.g. ATCs.

But no, I've kept the faith and ordered a Dialog, prompted not least by the very reasonable price.

Matt

I wonder how you can connect external audio sources to a Phantom/Dialog system. How would it be possible to connect a TV ? Does Dialog offer any digital inputs ? What about watching a bluray and sending the picture to a TV and the audio to the Dialog ?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Antoine - 05-Jan-2015

(05-Jan-2015, 13:02)Vivialet Wrote: I wonder how you can connect external audio sources to a Phantom/Dialog system. How would it be possible to connect a TV ? Does Dialog offer any digital inputs ? What about watching a bluray and sending the picture to a TV and the audio to the Dialog ?

Apart from the network streaming input (WiFi, ethernet, powerline Homeplug AV2) both Dialog and Phantom have one single input an optical toslink digital input. Unknown for now is if you can use the all inputs simultaneously (as in have them connected all and switch between them) if you have multiple Phantoms.

I think 5.1/7.1 surround decoding through the Dialog will be(come) possible either at launch or in the future.

See specs here: http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology?pid=7138#pid7138

Surround decoding for an optical input is not really covering today's requirements. Usually a BR-Player has a HDMI output. Toslink is not capable to transmit HD multichannel sound, only DTS and DD. As per Devialets anouncement Phantom should replace multichannel systems.