Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Jwg1749 - 05-Jan-2015

(05-Jan-2015, 23:16)Confused Wrote: Have you been advised delivery dates?

The date of 20 January has stuck in my memory, but not sure if it was 'around' or 'after'.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Charlemagne - 06-Jan-2015

(05-Jan-2015, 23:16)Confused Wrote: Have you been advised delivery dates?

"Not before 21 January", I was told. My order number = #31, so that's quite low.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Music or sound - 06-Jan-2015

I am trying to get one of these Dialogs too. But its USB connection will compete with other devices using USB. I wonder wether Devialet will abandon AIR if Spark/Dialog is a more stable and better sounding platform. Will be there any other purpose for ethernet? Already some not so useful inputs like mini toslink. Some digital sources have I2S connections and it is claimed to be the best sounding digital connection.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - gtiboy - 07-Jan-2015

(06-Jan-2015, 03:03)Music or sound Wrote: I am trying to get one of these Dialogs too. But its USB connection will compete with other devices using USB. I wonder wether Devialet will abandon AIR if Spark/Dialog is a more stable and better sounding platform. Will be there any other purpose for ethernet? Already some not so useful inputs like mini toslink. Some digital sources have I2S connections and it is claimed to be the best sounding digital connection.

I wonder if Devialet will let a new customers decide if they want to buy Devialet D120/200/250 with or without the AIR Streamer card built in, like they did when it first became available. (making it cheaper + Dialog) If Dialog can replace AIR.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - amabrok - 07-Jan-2015

(07-Jan-2015, 13:29)gtiboy Wrote:
(06-Jan-2015, 03:03)Music or sound Wrote: I am trying to get one of these Dialogs too. But its USB connection will compete with other devices using USB. I wonder wether Devialet will abandon AIR if Spark/Dialog is a more stable and better sounding platform. Will be there any other purpose for ethernet? Already some not so useful inputs like mini toslink. Some digital sources have I2S connections and it is claimed to be the best sounding digital connection.

I wonder if Devialet will let a new customers decide if they want to buy Devialet D120/200/250 with or without the AIR Streamer card built in, like they did when it first became available. (making it cheaper + Dialog) If Dialog can replace AIR.

Good point! But for me it would be even better that a firmware update brings wifi connection between D and Dialog, and actually the ability to wirelessly link two D units in a dual-mono setup without the need for an interconnect and the Dialog becomes the central control point, in a way similar to how it connects more than one Phantom wirelessly.

of course this will require that all current owners of dual-mono to send their slave units back to Devialet to get a wifi module fitted

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Chris Marshall - 07-Jan-2015

I've just given in and ordered a dialog.

If it's really easy to use, worst case it can replace my family friendly sonos!

I'll update when it arrives, now need to look for a reasonably priced, good quality USB cable.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - GuillaumeB - 07-Jan-2015

(07-Jan-2015, 14:19)Chris Marshall Wrote: I've just given in and ordered a dialog.

I'll update when it arrives, now need to look for a reasonably priced, good quality USB cable.

Nice one! I'm still waiting for my activation code  Sad

How about the chord USB SilverPlus? It's £45 and Hifi News gave it 85% in their group test a while back.

http://www.chord.co.uk/products/usb-and-digital-audio-interconnects/usb-silverplus/

Actually they're even giving them away for free with a Hifi News subscription!  Cool

Guillaume

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - brit - 07-Jan-2015

(07-Jan-2015, 14:23)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(07-Jan-2015, 14:19)Chris Marshall Wrote: I've just given in and ordered a dialog.

Nice one! I'm still waiting for my activation code  Sad

How about the chord USB SilverPlus? It's £45 and Hifi News gave it 85% in their group test a while back.

http://www.chord.co.uk/products/usb-and-digital-audio-interconnects/usb-silverplus/

Actually they're even giving them away for free with a Hifi News subscription!  Cool

Guillaume

Ditto with me on the activation code - received an e-mail from Devialet:

"You just requested an invitation code to become one of the firsts PHANTOM owner

Due to high demand, we are only able to send out a limited number of invitations.
We will send you an email with your personal code as soon as PHANTOM is ready for you.
Don’t worry, our robots are working hard to assemble as many Phantoms as possible.
Be Patient, you’ll be able to get yours soon."

This seems to be a stock reply whether you try and order a Dialog or Phantom!

David

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - f1eng - 07-Jan-2015

I imagine the Phantom is the principal product being sold on the new web store. My guess is that anybody ordering a pair of Phantoms with a Dialog will get priority for the Dialog since the Phantoms won't work without, so orders for single Dialogs will logically be lower priority.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - victornba - 07-Jan-2015

Phantom at CES 2015:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/01/devialet-phantom-review/