Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - PhilP - 26-Nov-2014

(26-Nov-2014, 10:32)Vivialet Wrote:
(25-Nov-2014, 22:15)PhilP Wrote: Actually I was thinking they've been quite lucky in terms of the response they've had - only one reference to white noise. Seems that Devialet owners are a fairly relaxed group...

I guess this is not a problem for most users. I never had this issue since I use 2.1.2. Oh, never is not true, I had it once in 6 Month now. Not sure what the reason was...but nothing to care about. Some friends with other gear have more problems...

I think you must be right. I've not had the white noise problem at all but I'm running on an old iMac 10.6.8 with AIR 2.1.2 and it seems that white noise for Mac users is only a problem for those using Mavericks or Yosemite.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Vivialet - 26-Nov-2014

what I want to know is how good a digital signal still can be if it has passed 7 cables and interfaces. In their Nautilus setup with 8 Devialet 200 (is that now a Devialet 1600 ?) they have to chain 8 Devialets. I wonder if the last in the chain does still sound good...

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 26-Nov-2014

(26-Nov-2014, 10:50)Vivialet Wrote: what I want to know is how good a digital signal still can be if it has passed 7 cables and interfaces. In their Nautilus setup with 8 Devialet 200 (is that now a Devialet 1600 ?) they have to chain 8 Devialets. I wonder if the last in the chain does still sound good...

An interesting point. I wonder if they used the SPDIF or AES/EBU inputs on the links? It would be good if Devialet actually posted some technical information on systems like this, rather than just posting nice pictures with promo speak.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Antoine - 26-Nov-2014

I supplied them with a long list of 'wants'. Smile

(26-Nov-2014, 10:50)Vivialet Wrote: what I want to know is how good a digital signal still can be if it has passed 7 cables and interfaces. In their Nautilus setup with 8 Devialet 200 (is that now a Devialet 1600 ?) they have to chain 8 Devialets. I wonder if the last in the chain does still sound good...

Are you sure they're all daisy chained in one chain?

It is a custom setup so I wouldn't be surprised if at lease some vertical (and perhaps horizontal as well) bi-amping has been employed.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - GuillaumeB - 26-Nov-2014

(26-Nov-2014, 15:52)Antoine Wrote: I supplied them with a long list of 'wants'. Smile

Yes I saw that! Big Grin

Pretty good list if I say so myself. It's always a bit dangerous asking a question like that on social media!

I have to say some really odd requests too...

Guillaume

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Vivialet - 26-Nov-2014

(26-Nov-2014, 15:52)Antoine Wrote: I supplied them with a long list of 'wants'. Smile

Are you sure they're all daisy chained in one chain?

It is a custom setup so I wouldn't be surprised if at lease some vertical (and perhaps horizontal as well) bi-amping has been employed.

I guess there is always only one master. And there is only one digital out per device. So I guess you have to daisy chain all amps. Or they have developed something like a hub...

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Antoine - 26-Nov-2014

Yes, that makes sense. I guess I should have visited the demo to find out 'how they did it'. Smile

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 26-Nov-2014

Note mysterious, single, ghostly, Vivid speaker that has appeared on brightness enhanced Facebook picture........

Why only one Vivid?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - IanG-UK - 27-Nov-2014

(26-Nov-2014, 23:15)Confused Wrote: Note mysterious, single, ghostly, Vivid speaker that has appeared on brightness enhanced Facebook picture........

Why only one Vivid?

Because the imminent SAM2 will now create a stereo image using just one speaker provided one also smokes a mysterious illegal substance?

The SAM development slashes audio costs once again (but increases others)?

ALLEDGEDLY!!!

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - mauidan - 27-Nov-2014

(26-Nov-2014, 23:15)Confused Wrote: Note mysterious, single, ghostly, Vivid speaker that has appeared on brightness enhanced Facebook picture........

Why only one Vivid?

Maybe he was sitting off center to the right.

Old Joe P is a pretty clever guy.