Devialet Chat
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons (/Thread-Core-Infinity-listening-impressions-and-comparisons)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - ssfas - 13-Dec-2017

(12-Dec-2017, 19:41)Nakatomi63 Wrote: Does anyone know if Wifi 5 GHz works?

Yes, both Air and Airplay, fine up to 24/96, no good after that.

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - Nakatomi63 - 13-Dec-2017

(13-Dec-2017, 02:21)ssfas Wrote:
(12-Dec-2017, 19:41)Nakatomi63 Wrote: Does anyone know if Wifi 5 GHz works?

Yes, both Air and Airplay, fine up to 24/96, no good after that.

I suppose that Airplay with the DOS 2.2-beta4 + FW 11.5.17 version...

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - Djangohills - 14-Dec-2017

Does the remote on the 220 or 440 work any better?

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - maxijazz - 15-Dec-2017

My remote seems fixed after upgrade.
Seems, because it hasn't rised volume on its own, yet. But it has decreased volume twice. From around -40db to -90dB. Without me touching anything. At least that won't destroy my speakers.

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - sam1000 - 15-Dec-2017

Small request.. can we use this thread for posting listening impressions? There’s another thread for posting problems. Thanks for your understanding.

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - Wdw - 15-Dec-2017

(15-Dec-2017, 02:14)sam1000 Wrote: Small request.. can we use this thread for posting listening impressions? There’s another thread for posting problems. Thanks for your understanding.

+1

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - sam1000 - 20-Dec-2017

I got my 250pro back with Core infinity upgrade. I just let it warm up for an hour or so with power cord plugged in. It was very cold out of the box. Minor inconvenience as Devialet or their sub-contractor had forgotten to put the flash card back into the unit. I had one more card handy and I downloaded the latest firmware from the website. I copied my previous configuration file on the card.

I played 3 or 4 tracks back and forth with my old unit (non-upgraded) and newly upgraded unit. These are my impressions. I still might continue to do the comparison, but its pain in the butt reaching the back of the unit and swap cables in a tight space. All my comparison at this point was with "line in/bypass" from my processor. I'll compare the other inputs later. I thought this input should sound the same because the new board might not have any effect on this input.

First thing I noticed is the Base definition and dynamics. I played the title track "Crash" from Dave Matthews Album back and forth a few times. The mid-base like kick drums will hit you in the chest more prominently. You will feel it more. I though it was great before this upgrade, but I definitely felt it more. The second part I noticed in couple of other songs was the more dynamic nature of the sound, which pushes the scale to even more realistic sound akin to when you hear something live. Guitars, specially acoustic guitar sound more real. I'll continue to post more impressions on other inputs like AIR before I go on a vacation in next couple of days.

In terms of SQ, Devialet has not regressed for sure.

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - smokejumper - 22-Dec-2017

Listening to my 1000 Pro after the Core Infinity upgrade, I think there is, for me at least, a significant uptick on everything I listened to so far. I used the USB and Coaxial SP/DIF inputs and both had even better speed, definition and tonal balance. Didn't get chance to try AIR or UPnP yet.

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - Rama - 22-Dec-2017

(22-Dec-2017, 11:00)smokejumper Wrote: Listening to my 1000 Pro after the Core Infinity upgrade, I think there is, for me at least, a significant uptick on everything I listened to so far. I used the USB and Coaxial SP/DIF inputs and both had even better speed, definition and tonal balance. Didn't get chance to try AIR or UPnP yet.

Did you hear any pops or click during music playback via the USB input? May I ask which source component are you using for the USB input? Thanks.

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - smokejumper - 22-Dec-2017

No pops or clicks at all. Using a Win10 based computer. I always make sure I boot the computer a couple of hours before listening so that it settles down and has stabilized to a low CPU/Disk utilization. Computer is only an Intel i3, but has a 2Tb SSD. I use a Vertere USB interconnect.