Devialet Chat
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons (/Thread-Core-Infinity-listening-impressions-and-comparisons)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - rchinn - 23-Jan-2018

(22-Jan-2018, 23:23)Music or sound Wrote: There are rumours that Spotify will stream 16/44.1 this year...

Those rumours have been around for a while.

They did some ads testing price points for Spotify HiFi, but to my knowledge it is not on the roadmap yet. As they plan to charge more for lossless quality, it would affect their revenue forecasts so they might be limited in what they can do as they are in the run up to an IPO. 

There was another rumour late last year that were testing lossless quality on the web app - but when I looked at the amount of data being used it was no different to normal. 

I would love Spotify to launch hi-res streaming soon. Perhaps they can do at the existing price point, but we'd need a insider to give us a scoop.

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - iamwappie - 26-Jan-2018

Impossible of course to get an answer to but it has already been a 'long' time since there was a firmware update for the new CI upgraded models. We only have AIR and UPNP and a non updated configurator. I know in the current beta there is Spotify support but how long are we from going from beta to release? Although... maybe it's better to call it a gamma phase

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - maxijazz - 26-Jan-2018

I have feeling Devialet will realease new versions on monthly basis.

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - Chris Marshall - 26-Jan-2018

(26-Jan-2018, 14:25)iamwappie Wrote: Impossible of course to get an answer to but it has already been a 'long' time since there was a firmware update for the new CI upgraded models. We only have AIR and UPNP and a non updated configurator. I know in the current beta there is Spotify support but how long are we from going from beta to release? Although...  maybe it's better to call it a gamma phase

The beta seems pretty ok, hopefully they will release it soon.

I think some of the wait may be for Apple ans Spotify to sign things off.

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - brit - 27-Jan-2018

(26-Jan-2018, 18:39)Chris Marshall Wrote:
(26-Jan-2018, 14:25)iamwappie Wrote: Impossible of course to get an answer to but it has already been a 'long' time since there was a firmware update for the new CI upgraded models. We only have AIR and UPNP and a non updated configurator. I know in the current beta there is Spotify support but how long are we from going from beta to release? Although...  maybe it's better to call it a gamma phase

The beta seems pretty ok, hopefully they will release it soon.

I think some of the wait may be for Apple ans Spotify to sign things off.

There is still the 176.4 and DSD64 issue to resolve!

David

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - Chris Marshall - 27-Jan-2018

Yes, sorry, I was thinking as a 250 owner

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - brit - 27-Jan-2018

(27-Jan-2018, 08:51)Chris Marshall Wrote: Yes, sorry, I was thinking as a 250 owner

Hi Chris, yes I generally agree that, certainly in my set up, the Beta 10 has resolved most issues, except for 176.4 and DSD 64 for dual mono owners Rolleyes. I have also uncovered some issues with the Configurator, again for dual mono, which have been reproduced by Devialet, and are, hopefully, being sorted out  Confused. Await the next software version.

In terms of Sound Quality, I am more than pleased.

David

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - Wdw - 28-Jan-2018

(27-Jan-2018, 10:17)brit Wrote: .........In terms of Sound Quality, I am more than pleased.

David

Like to express our appreciation for the changes wrought by both the Pro and Core Board upgrade.  We had a marvellous listening event last night with the D's just rocking along...best our system has ever sounded.  Think the company deserves lots of recognition for these changes.  Just great gear.

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - baddog - 28-Jan-2018

(28-Jan-2018, 03:49)Wdw Wrote:
(27-Jan-2018, 10:17)brit Wrote: .........In terms of Sound Quality, I am more than pleased.

David

Like to express our appreciation for the changes wrought by both the Pro and Core Board upgrade.  We had a marvellous listening event last night with the D's just rocking along...best our system has ever sounded.  Think the company deserves lots of recognition for these changes.  Just great gear.

I concur, the system sounds really great. I have no regrets about my purchase and continue to enjoy listening to music. Good job Devialet!

RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - Devi200 - 28-Jan-2018

Ich stimme allen Punkten zu. Der Klangeindruck ist großartig mit dem CI-Board. Gute Arbeit Devialet