Devialet Chat
For those who EQ your Phantoms, what do you do? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: For those who EQ your Phantoms, what do you do? (/Thread-For-those-who-EQ-your-Phantoms-what-do-you-do)

Pages: 1 2

For those who EQ your Phantoms, what do you do? - MountainGuy - 26-Nov-2017

Greetings, for those if you so do EQ your Phantoms, wondering what kind if EQ you apply?  And is your Phantom white, silver or gold?

I thought it may be helpful to get a thread to see what users are doing with EQ.

For me, I would actually increase mids and bass... or reduce the hot trebles in my golds.
Or

RE: For those who EQ your Phantoms, what do you do? - streamy - 26-Nov-2017

(26-Nov-2017, 22:18)MountainGuy Wrote: Greetings, for those if you so do EQ your Phantoms, wondering what kind if EQ you apply?  And is your Phantom white, silver or gold?

I thought it may be helpful to get a thread to see what users are doing with EQ.

For me, I would actually increase mids and bass... or reduce the hot trebles in my golds.
Or

I EQ my Golds with Roon. I use the FIR filters to compensate room modes and from time to time use parametric EQ in Roon to lower the hights or increase bass in older recordings. I used an excellent service HAF https://www.homeaudiofidelity.com/english/home/ that made exellent filters from my room recordings I made with REW. EQ is great for improvements of SQ when applied with moderation and experience.

RE: For those who EQ your Phantoms, what do you do? - MountainGuy - 27-Nov-2017

Thanks. Helpful.

Love to hear from others too.

RE: For those who EQ your Phantoms, what do you do? - Jamington2004 - 28-Nov-2017

I used a dspeaker anti mode 2 to dial out a mid bass peak or 2 which really bought some other freq to life

I fiddled with ad hoc tilt and bass adjustment but only for TV really

If I want to play loud and reduce bass for the sake of the neighbours - I just use night mode in Spark which seems great Smile

RE: For those who EQ your Phantoms, what do you do? - alandbush - 28-Nov-2017

I’m using MiniDSP OpenDRC-DI units, loaded with FIRs, generated using REW and Rephase in an iterative process, to create a ‘flat’ amplitude response. I can then use the units’ PEQ to apply upto 4 tuning curves.
Hope to use Rephase to also apply phase corrections in the near future.

I have Silvers and Whites but will be ‘golding’ these soon so I am interested in how different the measurements will be.

RE: For those who EQ your Phantoms, what do you do? - njaiswal - 28-Nov-2017

(26-Nov-2017, 22:18)MountainGuy Wrote: Greetings, for those if you so do EQ your Phantoms, wondering what kind if EQ you apply?  And is your Phantom white, silver or gold?

Or

I use a Sonos Connect to EQ my phantoms.

RE: For those who EQ your Phantoms, what do you do? - MountainGuy - 28-Nov-2017

Doesn't connect only do bass and treble right? It can't so the room tuning right?

RE: For those who EQ your Phantoms, what do you do? - ondastar - 01-Dec-2017

I use Audyssey, Roon, and Dspeaker antimode in combo with an outboard frequency analyzer, and a lot of fiddling with time alignment placement of the Golds and slap echo and comb filters. It's a lifelong hobby.

RE: For those who EQ your Phantoms, what do you do? - njaiswal - 02-Dec-2017

(28-Nov-2017, 23:25)MountainGuy Wrote: Doesn't connect only do bass and treble right? It can't so the room tuning right?

Doesn't do room tuning... it has bass, treble and a "loudness" feature.  I find using the loudness feature results in a very pleasing sound in my rooms.

RE: For those who EQ your Phantoms, what do you do? - MountainGuy - 03-Dec-2017

Thanks. Yes, the loudness will help. Surprisingly, I find my gold very bass and lower mid shy, so much so that Sonos sounds better in some rooms because of their more balanced frequency response.