Devialet Chat
Core Infinity upgrade progress - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: What The Polls Say (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-What-The-Polls-Say)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity upgrade progress (/Thread-Core-Infinity-upgrade-progress)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Core Infinity upgrade progress - Confused - 10-Dec-2017

First to make one thing clear, this poll is just intended as a bit of fun and could not possibly be considered statistically significant.

It is now over a month since Quentin Sannie made his 'Core Infinity' announcement when amongst other things he advised 'We will begin installing your Core Infinity boards as a priority over the coming days and continue through to late December.'  On that basis, we should be a little over half way through the upgrade process.

So how are things progressing?  For this poll to work at all, simply vote per the status of your upgrade as it currently stands the first time you stumble upon this thread.  

Also, this is obviously a poll that applies only for owners of Pro and O'dA models.

I have deliberately kept the voting options as simple as possible, however, feel free to post any relevant specifics, such as 'I have not even had the invite email', I have just received the DHL notification', 'Devialet amp returned to my next door neighbour, who has now travelled to Hawaii for two months', or whatever else.  

The poll will close 17/12/2017, so this will be a snap shot in time, obviously we should get to 100% upgraded eventually, unless anyone chooses not to upgrade.

RE: Core Infinity upgrade progress - brit - 10-Dec-2017

Upgrade complete, but 1000pro with neighbour until we get home later today - I hope that he has not flown off to Hawaii, or anywhere else for that matter  Big Grin. Whether the upgrade is successful remains to be seen, but I will not know this until I have picked  it up and tried it out - hopefully later on this evening Rolleyes.

David

RE: Core Infinity upgrade progress - thumb5 - 10-Dec-2017

I'll be waiting until the most significant bugs are ironed out. From my point of view the Core Infinity board doesn't yet seem to offer anything sufficiently compelling to offset the likelihood of things that work at the moment being broken during the upgrade, at least in the short term. I'm hopeful that will change and I'll do the upgrade at some point, though.

RE: Core Infinity upgrade progress - Hifi_swlon - 10-Dec-2017

No need for me to comment as Ian has written exactly my thoughts.... not had the email incidentally.

*edit: I just received my invitation, but won’t be taking them up on the offer as exciting as it seems to get new hardware with part-functioning alpha/beta software and firmware. It’s a bit odd that the email implies the upgrade offer needs to be accepted soon. I thought it was an open offer but the wording doesn’t make that clear at all.

RE: Core Infinity upgrade progress - wwm - 10-Dec-2017

Got mine back on Thursday. Put sw 11.5.18 on to the Devialet’s and!!! they don’t work. Both units go through the startup process but then the master indicator light immediately turns red. Both units are showing the same info on their display window. Opened a ticket with Devialet, hope to hear tomorrow.
Hey ho as they say,
Cheers,
Bill.

RE: Core Infinity upgrade progress - K4680 - 10-Dec-2017

Hello, I'll wait until the first rush is over! 2018 is also still a lot of time, and I hope that then the software runs synonymous error-free Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Core Infinity upgrade progress - blair.athol - 10-Dec-2017

I received the mail to upgrade last week but before checking out I was informed that I would get back my unit January 2nd only. As I cannot live without my Devialet over the holidays and New Years eve, I decided to send in my Dev beginning of next year.

RE: Core Infinity upgrade progress - Axel - 11-Dec-2017

(10-Dec-2017, 17:09)wwm Wrote: Got mine back on Thursday. Put sw 11.5.18 on to the Devialet’s and!!! they don’t work. Both units go through the startup process but then the master indicator light immediately turns red. Both units are showing the same info on their display window. Opened a ticket with Devialet, hope to hear tomorrow.
Hey ho as they say,
Cheers,
Bill.

Did you check the status of your amps before you loaded the software? Mine came back with it already loaded and I assumed that for Devialet to have tested the amps, the new software would have to have been loaded.
 Have you tried reloading it?

RE: Core Infinity upgrade progress - wwm - 11-Dec-2017

Hi Axel,
Will give it a go today, many thanks.
Cheers
Bill.

RE: Core Infinity upgrade progress - BrianT - 11-Dec-2017

Upgrade in Progress, sent by FedX on Monday 4th Dec to Montreal.
Arrived in Montreal at Plurison on Tuesday.

Now the waiting game.

Brian