Devialet Chat
Munich 2018 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Events & Shows (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Events-Shows)
+--- Thread: Munich 2018 (/Thread-Munich-2018)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Munich 2018 - Zappydev - 19-May-2018

(19-May-2018, 07:51)ogs Wrote:
(19-May-2018, 07:19)Hifi_swlon Wrote: They didn’t do an excellent job - delivering something late, with serious bugs, and missing promised features, is a very poor job.

Software development isn’t hard or easy, it’s just like any other task in that to execute properly and professionally takes planning and management. Devialet make software development look hard because they do it in a haphazard way and apparently underestimate the time and resources needed to do it properly. The reality is they should have been working on the software part of the CI before they announced it. As it stands it appears they started around the time it was due for release.

They also have poor beta test menagenent, closed and mostly secret, which is unprofessional.

I fully agree with Hifi_swlon here.
The "beta" programme for the CI is not what we want, especially not the secrecy and silly NDA. The NDA in this case is only there trying to prevent Devialet from looking even more amateurish.
The 250 Pro CI is still a fabulous amp so I am not complaining about sound quality, just the lack of control with software development

Yes, Hifi_swlon is absolutely right. I bought my O d’A almost 2 years ago on the promise of the Pro upgrade, but there’s is still no released version of the CI software, only a series of beta versions with a variety of issues. For an amplifier the price of a decent car, this is wholly unacceptable, and their arrogance and lack of communication just rubs salt in the wounds. 

Am I sorry I bought it?  No - it sounds great

Would I buy Devialet again ? No.

Munich 2018 - PeppaPig - 19-May-2018

I do think Devialet did an excellent job on improving the firmware!

Software project got delayed isn’t something not very common. Even Microsoft who employed a thousands and thousands of developers still delayed to delivery very often plus thousands of bugs, so do many many other dedicated software companies, not to mention Devialet, it’s not a dedicated software company, and it’s not a long history company too, their software team considered tiny in software development. I personally has zero issue with their delay as long as I see progress and I believe their developer is working hard on it. Excellent achievement Devialet has done in Audio if consider their company history!

My OdA sent for Pro upgrade, it’s free, I am extremely happy with that arrangement and as soon as I receive it back from the upgrade I started using their beta DOS and have no major issue.

In regarding to communication. This is the most confusing part to me, I see many complain about the communication between owners and Devialet, but I have been communicating with them without any issue, they was reply pretty quick, usually 3 days but since started CI upgrade they slow down to about 5-7 days to reply but they reply to each point of my question in details and very polite. All my requests they tried best to help me. Every time they actively update me for progress, I really don’t see a tiny issue with their communication and in fact I 20000% happy with their after sales service.

My first Expert 200, I bought it late, after about a year they release Pro, and they gave me a very good discount for Pro upgrade, I don’t think they have to offer me that because I didn’t asked for it, it’s only because their system shown I purchased it only for about 9 months so they gave me discount for upgrade to make me feel better. the entire upgrade service is perfectly smooth.

At the moment I still requesting them to do one more thing for me, and they are trying very hard to cooperate with 3rd party company to get it done for me. Really I appreciated their service.

In terms of sound quality, overall engineering and design, usability....the OdA is the best in my eye, second to NONE.

Expert range product isn’t cheap, yes, but I have purchased something that a lot more expensive than Devialet but they even more worse!!! However I do understand as a customer we always want better services.

I am not here to make defence for Devialet or to convince anyone to think they are excellent , don’t care about that at all but just to share my personal experience, and add a different voice into this area.

RE: Munich 2018 - markush - 19-May-2018

No doubt the performance / sound quality of Devialet is outstanding.
This thread should though stick to the approach Devialet is taking with the new team (which is very promising).

RE: Munich 2018 - Devi200 - 19-May-2018

(19-May-2018, 16:32)Peppa Pig Wrote:
(12-Feb-2018, 07:57)Exkommunikation Wrote: Ich habe seit dem 8. Februar die ganze Zeit CI mit "Transport in use" gehabt. Ich habe das Netzkabel mindestens zweimal entfernt. AIR spielt nicht, ohne den Sprechern Musik zu geben, es sei denn, es ist immer um 0:00 Uhr in Roon. AIR ETH sagt, dass Transport viel Zeit in Anspruch nimmt. Manchmal verschwinden AIR ETH und sogar das Devialet Andriod und AIR Icon (nur aus den Shows am Computer).

Ich denke, Devialet hat eine hervorragende Arbeit geleistet, um die Firmware zu verbessern!

Software-Projekt hat sich verzögert, ist nicht etwas, das nicht sehr häufig ist. Selbst Microsoft, das viele Entwickler eingestellt hat, hat sich immer noch sehr oft auf die Lieferung verzögert, so viele andere dedizierte Softwarefirmen, ganz zu schweigen von Devialet, es ist keine dedizierte Softwarefirma. Ich persönlich habe kein Problem mit ihrer Verzögerung, solange ich Fortschritte sehe und ich glaube, dass ihr Entwickler hart daran arbeitet.

Mein OdA wurde für ein Pro-Upgrade gesendet, es ist kostenlos, ich bin sehr glücklich mit diesem Arrangement und sobald ich es vom Upgrade zurückbekomme, habe ich angefangen, ihr Beta-DOS zu benutzen und habe kein größeres Problem.

In Bezug auf die Kommunikation. Dies ist der verwirrendste Teil für mich, ich sehe viele, die sich über die Kommunikation zwischen den Besitzern und Devialet beschweren, aber ich habe ohne Probleme mit ihnen kommuniziert, sie haben ziemlich schnell geantwortet, normalerweise 3 Tage, aber seit dem CI-Upgrade verlangsamen sie sich etwa 5-7 Tage, um zu antworten, aber sie antworten auf jeden Punkt meiner Frage in Details und sehr höflich. Alle meine Wünsche haben sie am besten versucht, mir zu helfen. Jedes Mal, wenn sie mich aktiv auf Fortschritte hin auf dem Laufenden halten, sehe ich wirklich kein kleines Problem mit ihrer Kommunikation und tatsächlich bin ich 20000% zufrieden mit ihrem Kundendienst.

Mein erster Expert 200, ich kaufte es spät, nach ungefähr einem Jahr veröffentlichten sie Pro, und sie gaben mir einen sehr guten Rabatt für Pro-Upgrade, ich glaube nicht, dass sie mir das anbieten müssen, weil ich nicht danach gefragt habe, Es ist nur, weil ihr System gezeigt hat, dass ich es nur für ungefähr 9 Monate kaufte, also gaben sie mir Rabatt für das Upgrade, um mich besser zu fühlen. Der gesamte Upgrade-Service läuft reibungslos.

Im Moment fordere ich sie immer noch auf, noch eine Sache für mich zu tun, und sie bemühen sich sehr, mit einer Drittfirma zusammenzuarbeiten, um es für mich zu erledigen. Wirklich ich schätzte ihren Service.

In Bezug auf Klangqualität, Gesamttechnik und Design, Benutzerfreundlichkeit .... die OdA ist das Beste in meinem Auge, nach NONE.

Expert Range Produkt ist nicht billig, ja, aber ich habe etwas gekauft, das viel teurer als Devialet, aber sie noch schlimmer !!! Allerdings verstehe ich als Kunde immer bessere Dienstleistungen.

Ich bin nicht hier, um Devialet zu verteidigen oder um jemanden davon zu überzeugen, dass er exzellent ist, ich kümmere mich überhaupt nicht darum, sondern um meine persönliche Erfahrung zu teilen und eine andere Stimme in diesen Bereich zu bringen.

Ich stimme zu,  I made the same experience with Devialet. ? They help very kindly at any time whenever I had a question or an problem. Beta 14 works perfect for me and I have with this release the best sound ever. Thank you Devialet!

RE: Munich 2018 - zdenes - 20-May-2018

I got it. It's the Munich thread, so now we're switched to German  Huh

Excuse my English  Cool 

I must say that I felt a bit weird in Munich going from one of the world's most prestigious high-end shows to a small Devialet office. Barely a showroom for listening session to say the least. I was there for three and a half hours and forgot to ask the question: "Why are you not in MOC or at least in the Marriott?" And for the last 3-4 years. And what about the future? Any show presence planned? 

I was wondering if we should open a new thread or dedicate this one to a shortlist question for a similar event, again with a handful of us, or one of us happen to meet one the top D guys for one reason or another.  

Zoltan

RE: Munich 2018 - Devi200 - 20-May-2018

Sorry, my mistake, I didn‘ t by mistake switch off the translation function

RE: Munich 2018 - Devi200 - 20-May-2018

Sorry, my mistake, I didn‘ t by mistake switch off the translation function

RE: Munich 2018 - Hifi_swlon - 20-May-2018

(20-May-2018, 00:06)zdenes Wrote: I was wondering if we should open a new thread or dedicate this one to a shortlist question for a similar event, again with a handful of us, or one of us happen to meet one the top D guys for one reason or another.  

I think that’s a good idea.

I suggested earlier the idea of a community generated ‘warts and all’ Q&A that we could curate and present to Devialet to give them a chance to comment (or decline) much like the Computer Aydiophile Q&A sent to Bob Stuart about MQA.

Personally I think something written, where they can have chance to digest and reply and we can publish the answers for all to see would be the most beneficial.

RE: Munich 2018 - GuillaumeB - 20-May-2018

(20-May-2018, 00:06)zdenes Wrote: I got it. It's the Munich thread, so now we're switched to German  Huh

Excuse my English  Cool 

I must say that I felt a bit weird in Munich going from one of the world's most prestigious high-end shows to a small Devialet office. Barely a showroom for listening session to say the least. I was there for three and a half hours and forgot to ask the question: "Why are you not in MOC or at least in the Marriott?" And for the last 3-4 years. And what about the future? Any show presence planned? 

I was wondering if we should open a new thread or dedicate this one to a shortlist question for a similar event, again with a handful of us, or one of us happen to meet one the top D guys for one reason or another.  

Zoltan

Actually the reason this gathering took place in the first place was partly due to a conversation I had with Devialet regarding their lack of attendance at Munich over the past few years, and how I felt this was potentially damaging to the brand in terms of public perception of Devialet's commitment to the hi-fi/high end market. What did Devialet's absence at Munich say about their priorities?

I think with the new structure in place we will probably see a change in this regard, but I don't know. Munich is very expensive to exhibit at and my guess is that there will need to be a clear ROI to justify this.

Last I noted that Cambridge Audio had a very large presence at the MOC this year. Last year they didn't exhibit choosing instead to use a gimmicky double decker bus parked near the entrance and their focus was more on meeting their dealers (like Devialet they manage their own distribution into many markets) rather than talking to the public. Given the demographics of the show it makes sense to do both.

Guillaume

RE: Munich 2018 - Confused - 20-May-2018

(20-May-2018, 11:24)GuillaumeB Wrote: Last I noted that Cambridge Audio had a very large presence at the MOC this year. Last year they didn't exhibit choosing instead to use a gimmicky double decker bus parked near the entrance and their focus was more on meeting their dealers (like Devialet they manage their own distribution into many markets) rather than talking to the public. Given the demographics of the show it makes sense to do both.

Guillaume

It could be that Cambridge Audio are actively trying to increase their profile in a move to fill the void left by Oppo, who are leaving the “premium” Blu-ray player market.  I believe Cambridge Audio and Oppo were in partnership, or at least sharing technology, for their Blu-ray / SACD offerings.  I am not sure of the specifics though.