Devialet Chat
Munich 2018 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Events & Shows (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Events-Shows)
+--- Thread: Munich 2018 (/Thread-Munich-2018)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Munich 2018 - Celts88 - 25-May-2018

(24-May-2018, 22:45)Stino Wrote: You have to give it some time. Devialet has been kind to invite some of the forum members so that they had the opportunity for a meet and greet plus an info session with some of the engineers / experts. They have discussed high level what they feel is important and what is likely to come. And now on this forum it is shared among a larger community.

Devialet sending out a mass email communication with some vague info is not smart with so many forum members inspecting cautiously the hardware and software. I am sure they are working hard internally - led by the new CEO - on a technical roadmap and a marketing roadmap and a customer experience roadmap and so on. These things take a few months.

I respect everyone's opinion but I find it a pity coming to the forum and reading (again) complaints. Some things have been said enough imo. And don't forget that many are also happy just as it is. Like me. I just have one source to the Devialet and it has always been running fine. I like the sound and I'm even 2 firmware updates behind (I think). Couldn't care less. It sounds good and I hope improvements will still come but for now there is sufficient pro compared to the cons.
@Stino

"You have to give it some time." How long time do you suggest?

The only official correspondence Devialet has sent out in the last 3 months is via the Core Infinity Log with Firmware 12.2.10 + DOS 2.2.0 RC3 on the 23rd March (Devialet themselves admitted this software had issues and they hadn't carried out proper checks prior to being released). The only other correspondence was Firmware 12.2.12 + DOS 2.2.0 Beta 14 on the 4th May.

So if an Expert user does not visit Devialetchat then how are they supposed to find out what is happening with the Expert range, as except for the Core Infinity Log there is no other communication being issued to the public by Devialet.

"Devialet sending out a mass email communication with some vague info", why can't Devialet send out concise & informative info, why does it have to be "vague". They had detailed information at the Munich event therefore why can't some of this info be sent out to the thousands of user who didn't attend the event at Munich. There's a good chance Devialet customers were in Munich at the same time visiting other events that weren't aware of the 'DC invite only' event who would have loved to hear what Devialet had to say. Why was the event only open to Devialetchat forum members, what about the other thousands of Devialet owners (may be hard to believe, but not every Devialet customer frequents Devialetchat forum).

Even if you do believe Devialetchat forum is the correct platform for Devialet to get out info then why couldn't Devialet themselves open a thread, why did it have to be via others?

Devialet don't pass info to their dealers on a regular basis (they don't send any info to the dealers here in Perth Australia). Devialet don't send out any info on the Experts to their customers or the public in general via emails (they do however send out regular info on Phantoms). Devialet don't supply any info on current or future developments regarding Experts on their website. Devialet don't reply to any comments via the Core Infinity Log.

"I find it a pity coming to the forum and reading (again) complaints", I totally agree with you 110%. It's a pity that I feel the only possibility of getting feedback through to Devialet is via this Munich thread on Devialetchat. If Devialet themselves would correspond with myself direct then I wouldn't be here would I. I think your missing my point that Devialet don't reply to my request I've sent to my dealer (they've told me they're getting no feedback from Devialet and feel helpless to assist), no answers via Devialet Customer Care (last time they replied was 1 full month ago), no replies to anyone's comments on Core Infinity Log, limited replies from Devialet Beta Program (last email I had was 3 weeks ago to my queries), and they won't forward through to their technical team my phone calls (twice I've called Paris direct and both times they've said I have to continue with emails only).

So if I cant get any info from Devialet myself, and Devialet are corresponding with DC forum members directly for feedback, then why is it wrong to put feedback on the same Munich thread to the people that Devialet are corresponding with for feedback?

(24-May-2018, 22:55)Greg Wrote: Great post, Stino. I concur. Actually I’m fed up reading all the bullshit from the naysayers, especially as their problem is a simple matter of getting their network sorted out and nowt to do with Devialet at all. All IMHO of course.
@Greg

So to finish my post I said "Hope everything’s well with everyone, and I do very much appreciate all the info the guys & gals give here on DC, what a great forum it is :+1:"

In your post you said "I’m fed up reading all the bullshit from the naysayers"

Yep, I can see how I'm in the wrong and your approach is correct.

Also regarding your statement "a simple matter of getting their network sorted out and nowt to do with Devialet at all". So how are the numerous problems with Firmware 11.5.18 and DOS 2.1 RC able to be fixed by the customer and nothing to do with Devialet.  Coming up for 6 months since the only official Core Infinity software release from Devialet and if a person does not want to join the Beta software program what are they supposed to do.

Would be grateful if you can advise what's your simple network solution to get Firmware 11.5.18 and DOS 2.1 RC up and running with no issues.

Even for any of the Beta software releases can you also advise your network solutions for those users still encountering issues as to-date Devialet haven't issued any network solutions to their users (I haven't received any emails or saw any information posted on the Devialet website).

Your help is appreciated.

(24-May-2018, 23:43)David A Wrote:
(24-May-2018, 22:45)Stino Wrote: You have to give it some time. Devialet has been kind to invite some of the forum members so that they had the opportunity for a meet and greet plus an info session with some of the engineers / experts. They have discussed high level what they feel is important and what is likely to come. And now on this forum it is shared among a larger community.

Devialet sending out a mass email communication with some vague info is not smart with so many forum members inspecting cautiously the hardware and software. I am sure they are working hard internally - led by the new CEO - on a technical roadmap and a marketing roadmap and a customer experience roadmap and so on. These things take a few months.

I respect everyone's opinion but I find it a pity coming to the forum and reading (again) complaints. Some things have been said enough imo. And don't forget that many are also happy just as it is. Like me. I just have one source to the Devialet and it has always been running fine. I like the sound and I'm even 2 firmware updates behind (I think). Couldn't care less. It sounds good and I hope improvements will still come but for now there is sufficient pro compared to the cons.

I'll disagree.
@David A

It would appear that for some others on this forum we are only meant to say positive words about Devialet and anything else is perceived as negativity. As you say how are those who are having problems with their Experts meant to know what to do if they don't have the opportunity to read other user issues, and typically solutions being found.

(25-May-2018, 00:48)RebelMan Wrote: This creates an UNWANTED distraction by taking attention away from the topic at hand and putting a spotlight on the individual making a case for him/herself.  That is not what forums like this are for.

Devialet does not need a forum like this to know the barometer of their issues, in fact no company does.  There are other channels in place for streamlining feedback to the appropriate parties that make up the organization.  WE need forums like this because we share a common interest and a desire to learn from and help others.  It's just that simple.
@RebelMan

It may be "UNWANTED" by you, but then who is to say it is for others.

Also I don't understand how myself pointing out that there are multiple Expert users who would appreciate direct feedback from Devialet themselves as it is Devialet they purchased their Experts from and not Devialetchat forum, therefore why can't Devialet communicate with the user. You find it acceptable for Devialet to speak to a small number of DC forum users at Munich (I believe the number was less than 10), but the thousands of other Experts users get zero communication from Devialet. Even Devialet themselves kept the invite of the Munich event silent from their thousands of Expert users, and only feed this info via 1 or 2 select individuals on DC.

"That is not what forums like this are for", I must have missed the terms and conditions of the forum that spells this out.

"There are other channels in place for streamlining feedback to the appropriate parties that make up the organization", can you please advise what/where these other channels are please. If by this you mean the Dealer then I've spoken to my Dealer on multiple occasions over the last few months, but they've said they can't help as they're receiving no information back from Devialet (they've apologised for this). If on the other hand you mean by raising a request via Devialet Customer Care, I've done this, but the last time they replied to my questions was one full month ago today (I've asked them since then about assistance, but still silence).

If I can get no answers from my Dealer (Devialet aren't assisting my Dealer), no assistance from Devialet Customer Care, no replies via Devialet's own Infinity Log, and it is clear Devialet are speaking directly with the individuals here on DC that started this Munich thread then why's it wrong for myself to ask questions on this thread???

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To end of, I think Devialetchat is a great forum and appreciate all feedback from all users, be that positive or negative. As long as the feedback is polite, kept civil, and doesn't get personal then what's wrong with dialogue between each other, even if those thoughts differ. I may not agree with other peoples opinions, but I fully accept that they have a right to their opinion, the same as I believe I have a right to my opinion.

Hope everyone's still enjoying the music  Big Grin

RE: Munich 2018 - Confused - 25-May-2018

I am not sure which is worse, reading some people's complaints about Devialet, or reading other people who post just to complain about those who are complaining about Devialet.

In fact, the worst and most pointless posts are from those who complain about the people who are complaining about Devialet.  This has to stop. Sad

One point I would make, when Devialet's Mathieu Pernot was talking at an Oxford Audio event, he did state that although Devialet do not participate on this forum, they do read it to gauge opinion and understand the views of customers.

RE: Munich 2018 - GuillaumeB - 25-May-2018

I must say I am getting a little tired of this, and this is the best way I can put it.  Sad

Guillaume

RE: Munich 2018 - Hifi_swlon - 25-May-2018

(24-May-2018, 22:45)Stino Wrote: You have to give it some time.
These things take a few months.

Well yes, but time’s infinite whereas our lifespans are quite short.

‘Time’ or rather ‘customer impatience’ seems to be raised often by Devialet and the Devialet Police when Devialet fail to deliver. “Software design takes time”. “Bug fixes take time.” “AIR development takes time”. “iOS App updates take time”. “Hardware development takes time.” “A new CEO joining takes time to settle in.” Of course they do - all of them - so they should take this into account like everyone else.

RE: Munich 2018 - K4680 - 25-May-2018

Hello, for me the best of the HighEnd 2018. Nagra and Wilson Audio!! Rolleyes

RE: Munich 2018 - GuillaumeB - 25-May-2018

Oh hurrah we are talking about Munich again!  Smile

Guillaume

RE: Munich 2018 - K4680 - 25-May-2018

(25-May-2018, 20:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: Oh hurrah we are talking about Munich again!  Smile

Guillaume

Rolleyes

Munich 2018 - no32 - 25-May-2018

(25-May-2018, 21:53)K4680 Wrote:
(25-May-2018, 20:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: Oh hurrah we are talking about Munich again!  Smile

Guillaume

Rolleyes

How was the totaldac room ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Munich 2018 - IanG-UK - 26-May-2018

Gosh - I don't read DC for a week and on my return I go first to the Munich thread and find 32 recent posts with only 8 having any "Munich" content.

The rest are non-Munich and equally divided between a positive, a neutral and a negative stance on Devialet, with one of the latter posts filling two computer screen lengths.

Give the Devialet guys a chance! A new CEO will have lots to do if views held by posters on this chat are indicative of the extent of failings in the past. Old expected behaviours which have been trickled down from leadership to staff in the last two or three years cannot be reversed immediately.

At least I am enlightened to learn that I am probably deemed to be part of the "Purple Circle" (post 174) - whereas were I part of the "Posters Cross" or "Perpetual Complainers", to the extent some are on here, I would just sell my stuff and get something else.

RE: Munich 2018 - Greg - 26-May-2018

(25-May-2018, 07:59)Confused Wrote: In fact, the worst and most pointless posts are from those who complain about the people who are complaining about Devialet.  This has to stop. Sad
Well the irony of this was not lost on me and hopefully not on Mr Confused. 

However, Ian, you are absolutely right and what you say is good value. I believe things are changing. I have had reason to be in contact on Devialet help in the last few days on a couple of different topics and have received good and quick response, much to my satisfaction. Things seem to be picking up. I feel optimistic for the future.