Devialet Chat
Munich 2018 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Events & Shows (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Events-Shows)
+--- Thread: Munich 2018 (/Thread-Munich-2018)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Munich 2018 - David A - 26-May-2018

(26-May-2018, 19:56)IanG-UK Wrote: Gosh - I don't read DC for a week and on my return I go first to the Munich thread and find 32 recent posts with only 8 having any "Munich" content.

The rest are non-Munich and equally divided between a positive, a neutral and a negative stance on Devialet, with one of the latter posts filling two computer screen lengths.

Give the Devialet guys a chance! A new CEO will have lots to do if views held by posters on this chat are indicative of the extent of failings in the past. Old expected behaviours which have been trickled down from leadership to staff in the last two or three years cannot be reversed immediately.

At least I am enlightened to learn that I am probably deemed to be part of the "Purple Circle" (post 174) - whereas were I part of the "Posters Cross", to the extent some are on here, I would just sell my stuff and get something else.

Actually "the rest" as you called them can be seen as discussion of what Devialet's chosen form of presence at Munich actually meant in terms of their more recent forms and level of communication with owners.  Note that Devialet's presence wasn't actually at the show itself so were the posts about it actually on topic in a thread started with a post about the show?

What happened with Devialet at Munich this year?

- They did something, they came to Munich, they didn't have a presence at the show, they organised a PR presentation for a select group of owners, and they have since failed to communicate anything of what they showed in their presentation to the rest of their customers. I won't fault them for their absence at the show itself. That decision was almost certainly taken well before the new CEO came on board and he came on board only a couple of months before the show, probably too late to really organise a good presence at the show itself. I do think sending some people to Munich over the period of the show was a good move, probably the best move that could have been made in the time the new CEO had available if he thought the decision not to have a presence at the show was wrong.

- They wanted to communicate something. That probably was partly a commitment to the Expert platform and partly a commitment to improved communication with owners. As a demonstration of a commitment to the platform, I think it worked. As a commitment to improved communication with owners I think it failed because it ignored the majority of owners. They obviously used something like a PowerPoint presentation so it would be easy for them to use the slides from the presentation with some added text and post it on their website for all owners to see. That would show a commitment to improved communication.

I'm glad they were there and did something, and those of us on this forum who didn't go to Munich and attend the presentation have benefited from their presence there because of the work that Guillaume, you, and other attendees put into telling us about it but we are a minority of owners and when you consider that, this was not a well chosen PR initiative. It could have been if they had made the content of their presentation available to all owners but they have not chosen to do that, and that's what makes it a poorly chosen PR initiative.

Take the above as a comment on Munich, Devialet's chosen form of attendance, and the good and bad of that attendance. There was good and bad involved.. They deserve credit for the good and an objective assessment of the bad, which is what I've tried to give. Since they decided to communicate with forum members through Guillaume and Guillaume chose to communicate with us through this thread which he actually started before Devialet approached him rather than starting a new thread specifically related to their Munich presentation, then I do think that communication from forum members on what transpired at Munich and our reactions to it actually is on topic in this thread. 

You said things are changing. I think it's too early to tell but there are some hopeful signs. Munich was one of them.

RE: Munich 2018 - RebelMan - 31-May-2018

In response to your questions...

(25-May-2018, 02:03)Celts88 Wrote: It may be "UNWANTED" by you, but then who is to say it is for others.

Others have said so and for those that haven't probably make up the silent majority.

Celts88 Wrote:"That is not what forums like this are for", I must have missed the terms and conditions of the forum that spells this out.

This is either argumentative or ignorant, I'll assume the latter.  These forums allow us to share experiences with others both positive and negative, this is a GOOD thing!  However, when someone makes it personal it becomes unproductive, this is a BAD thing!  

Celts88 Wrote:Also I don't understand how myself pointing out that there are multiple Expert users who would appreciate direct feedback from Devialet themselves as it is Devialet they purchased their Experts from and not Devialetchat forum, therefore why can't Devialet communicate with the user. You find it acceptable for Devialet to speak to a small number of DC forum users at Munich (I believe the number was less than 10), but the thousands of other Experts users get zero communication from Devialet. Even Devialet themselves kept the invite of the Munich event silent from their thousands of Expert users, and only feed this info via 1 or 2 select individuals on DC.

I can appreciate your passion, believe me.  Unfortunately, that's just not the way business is usually done (wrt/consumer).  Fortunately, it seems Devialet are wanting to and are at least trying to go beyond the way business is usually done (wrt/consumer).

Celts88 Wrote:"There are other channels in place for streamlining feedback to the appropriate parties that make up the organization", can you please advise what/where these other channels are please. If by this you mean the Dealer then I've spoken to my Dealer on multiple occasions over the last few months, but they've said they can't help as they're receiving no information back from Devialet (they've apologised for this). If on the other hand you mean by raising a request via Devialet Customer Care, I've done this, but the last time they replied to my questions was one full month ago today (I've asked them since then about assistance, but still silence).

In Devialet's case... YES!   These are the channels they have put in place, and are therefore the ones we must use, for better or for worse.

Celts88 Wrote:If I can get no answers from my Dealer (Devialet aren't assisting my Dealer), no assistance from Devialet Customer Care, no replies via Devialet's own Infinity Log, and it is clear Devialet are speaking directly with the individuals here on DC that started this Munich thread then why's it wrong for myself to ask questions on this thread???

Fair question.  The reality though is that Devialet is not alone in this situation.  It's actually a common occurrence, with many businesses, where communication is lacking and/or issues are not addressed in a timely manner.   So it's only natural to turn to forums like this because we seek answers to our questions.  Sadly many of these questions go unanswered leaving the frustrations intact.  You either accept it or move on.

I've been disappointed by Devialet too but I keep a proper perspective on the matter.  For example...

I wanted to know what Devialet's outlook was on maintaining the firmware of their legacy products.  I had a choice to let Devialet Customer Care (DCC) know by phone call or by submitting a support request on their website, I chose the latter.   It was May 17.  I didn't hear back until May 24... SIX DAYS LATER!!!  Am I upset?  NO!  Should I be?  NO!!!  Why?  Because I didn't want to spend the money placing an international phone call.  Should they have respond sooner?  Heck yeah!  Six days is not good business.  Am I upset? NO!!!  Because there was no urgency in my request otherwise I would have called.  When DCC finally did respond they were apologetic and sympathetic to my needs, this is good business.  However, I was not completely satisfied with the response (the answer to my question).  The message I got was that their plans are to keep the firmware current but that an emphasis on development was going to be placed on the Expert Pro series because of the additional features they support. 

If I wanted to let the Devialet Chat community know (before now) my recent interaction with DCC I could either state the facts (which WOULD be helpful) or I could state my opinion of the facts which WOULD NOT be helpful.  Therein lies the distinction.  That said, stating an opinion of the situation is okay but not when it goes too far by becoming redundant and personal.

RE: Munich 2018 - Celts88 - 31-May-2018

H@RebelMan

Oh dear you really do appear (to me) to take offence with myself not agreeing with you.

Why the need for Capitalisation within your above reply - you do understand that this is typically taken as a form of shouting when someone normally types words in all capitals.

The only capitalisation I used was a direct copy of your comment "UNWANTED", so was just a copy of what you originally wrote. In your latest reply you've capitalised 12 words, but just in case you misunderstood I'm not actually deaf and I can hear what your saying, just that I disagree with it in some instances (that is allowed isn't it, sure is from my perspective and feel free to re-comment if you wish, no offence will be taken).

Regarding contacting Devialet and "FACTS" (again this capitalisation is a direct quote from yourself) I have previously stated facts surrounding my dealings with them in previous posts on DevialetChat, but for your info as it seems you would prefer myself to repeat some of these please see below:
  • April 3, 2018 - Core Infinity upgrade carried out on my 1000Pro at Dealer's showroom
  • April 4, 2018 - phoned my Dealer to advise I was having issues with my 1000Pro after the Core Infinity Upgrade. They advised it would be best for myself to contact Devialet directly as they wouldn't be able to help
  • April 6, 2018 - phoned Devialet Paris (I don't have any problem paying for an International call from Australia to France), and asked if it was possible to speak with someone regarding my problems with the Core Infinity upgrade to my 1000Pro. Advised that I had to correspond via emails and I couldn't speak to anyone directly
  • April 24, 2018 - phoned Devialet Paris and again asked if it was possible to speak with someone regarding my problems with the Core Infinity upgrade. Again advised that I had to continue with emails and I couldn't speak to anyone directly
  • April 26, 2018 - Raised query ticket with Devialet Help Centre (DHC)
  • May 31, 2018 - No reply received to-date from DHC
  • 35 Days and no reply from DHC to my raised ticket (29 days longer than your own request to Devialet which took 6 days to be replied)
Yep, I can totally see how my "perspective" on Devialet having unsatisfactory customer communication is totally unfounded and I should just let it take more time. For a product that costs $50,000 (here in Australia) I don't think it's too much to ask for better communication than if I bought a product worth $50.

Aother communication avenue is Devialet Core Infinity Log and the last time someone from Devialet answered anyone's posts was March 28 - over 2 months.

Now aside from all of the above, I'm perfectly happy with yourself seeing things from a different "perspective", that's all good for healthy dialogue. I'm expecting another request from Confused to stop with the back and forth posts and that's why I hadn't posted anything again on this thread until your own 'personal' comments above. If you want to continue go for your life, but this isn't any good from my perspective or I believe for others.

Keep enjoying the music Guys & Gals  Big Grin

RE: Munich 2018 - K4680 - 31-May-2018

Like every year "Silbatone". So a demo grounded with these devices, afterwards you are happy again with his hi-fi! Angel

RE: Munich 2018 - RebelMan - 01-Jun-2018

@Celts88 

You are overreacting, there is no offense taken as I neither agree nor disagree with you. You are also condescending, as a Systems Engineer I know about online etiquette.  

As for your dealings I am sympathetic to your situation and others like you, that has never been in dispute.  It’s good to know these situations because it is informative and brings awareness to others.  When it is done in a mature manner.  It’s just not healthy to whine about perceived entitlements, that is, make it personal.

Enough said.

RE: Munich 2018 - K4680 - 01-Jun-2018

(01-Jun-2018, 12:20)RebelMan Wrote: @Celts88 

You are overreacting, there is no offense taken as I neither agree nor disagree with you. You are also condescending, as a Systems Engineer I know about online etiquette.  

As for your dealings I am sympathetic to your situation and others like you, that has never been in dispute.  It’s good to know these situations because it is informative and brings awareness to others.  When it is done in a mature manner.  It’s just not healthy to whine about perceived entitlements, that is, make it personal.

Enough said.

OK Wink

RE: Munich 2018 - Celts88 - 02-Jun-2018

(01-Jun-2018, 12:20)RebelMan Wrote: You are overreacting

(01-Jun-2018, 12:20)RebelMan Wrote: You are also condescending  

(01-Jun-2018, 12:20)RebelMan Wrote: whine about perceived entitlements

(01-Jun-2018, 12:20)RebelMan Wrote: make it personal.

(31-May-2018, 05:02)RebelMan Wrote: argumentative or ignorant, I'll assume the latter.

(31-May-2018, 05:02)RebelMan Wrote: Am I upset?  NO!  
Am I upset? NO!!!

(31-May-2018, 05:02)RebelMan Wrote: I keep a proper perspective on the matter.

Ok, have a nice day  Wink

RE: Munich 2018 - Confused - 14-Jun-2018

As we know, this thread has drifted fractionally off topic from time to time. Anyway, I stumbled across Hifi Pig's latest offering the other day, a summary of the Munich 2018 show. What can I say? This has to be the finest selection of hifi show photographs that I have ever seen compiled in one place. Genuinely good stuff. So what is your favorite piece of kit? I'm still trying to decide. Take a look and enjoy!

http://hifipig.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/HIGHEND2018THISFINAL_final_version.pdf

RE: Munich 2018 - GuillaumeB - 14-Jun-2018

(14-Jun-2018, 07:17)Confused Wrote: As we know, this thread has drifted fractionally off topic from time to time.  Anyway, I stumbled across Hifi Pig's latest offering the other day, a summary of the Munich 2018 show.  What can I say?  This has to be the finest selection of hifi show photographs that I have ever seen compiled in one place.  Genuinely good stuff.  So what is your favorite piece of kit?  I'm still trying to decide.  Take a look and enjoy!

http://hifipig.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/HIGHEND2018THISFINAL_final_version.pdf

Not a bad write up is it? Hopefully this will go someway towards convincing you (and perhaps others) to attend next year.

On page 25 there is an advertisement for AudioNec and more specifically for their Diva XL speaker. This was being fed by a pair of Jadis power amplifiers and I have to say that for me it was one of the best sounds of the show, or at least right up there with some of the best. An odd looking speaker and pretty massive, the sound was just mesmerising. Let me be more specific, some of the best instrument timbre I have ever heard and the imaging of vocals that was so ghost-like and holographic you could literally reach out and touch it. With strings you just felt a wave of emotion take over. An absolute triumph of beauty and emotion!

Guillaume

RE: Munich 2018 - Pim - 14-Jun-2018

(14-Jun-2018, 07:17)Confused Wrote: As we know, this thread has drifted fractionally off topic from time to time.  Anyway, I stumbled across Hifi Pig's latest offering the other day, a summary of the Munich 2018 show.  What can I say?  This has to be the finest selection of hifi show photographs that I have ever seen compiled in one place.  Genuinely good stuff.  So what is your favorite piece of kit?  I'm still trying to decide.  Take a look and enjoy!

I started off looking for my favourite piece but by the time I got to the bottom I had forgotten most of what was at the top  Huh

Very comprehensive indeed!