Devialet Chat
Munich 2018 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Events & Shows (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Events-Shows)
+--- Thread: Munich 2018 (/Thread-Munich-2018)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Munich 2018 - markush - 11-May-2018

Yes they intended to unite Spark for both worlds for quite some time. Looking forward to it Smile
SAM since V2 has had some time to evolve. What specials are they talking about?
Anything more in the meantime?

RE: Munich 2018 - Chris Marshall - 11-May-2018

A new app to control expert and wider (better?) streaming integration will sort out a lot of people's concerns so positive steps.

I would also like to see the ability to configure the device directly without the sd card and internet, maybe the new spark will allow this?

I have to say, right now with CI working well (on beta firmware) there isn't much else I really want or need. I'm happy to be surprised though :-)

RE: Munich 2018 - Fragoulisnaval - 11-May-2018

(11-May-2018, 10:30)ghosttipper Wrote: New Version of spark included remote for expert......

Specials about SAM with selected loudspeaker manufacturers ..................

Are we talking only for the Pro models here OR for.all the Expert models?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

RE: Munich 2018 - markush - 11-May-2018

So day is over - what were the concrete topics & questions discussed?

RE: Munich 2018 - Music or sound - 11-May-2018

I was there for most and have now not much time to describe everything but they established a team dedicated to expert and were very open discussing issues including their previous style of communication. Some members of their team are also Roon users so Raat will come and they had a demo which I had to miss. So I hope I will learn about it here too.

RE: Munich 2018 - Hifi_swlon - 11-May-2018

(11-May-2018, 18:42)Music or sound Wrote: .... including their previous style of communication.

Surely you mean their current style? Big Grin

I’d be interested to hear what they said but would take it with a pinch of salt. Now, if they actually demonstrated change, then things could get exciting. But let’s wait and see.

I figure I know what the future holds. Devialet might be unpredictable, but I’d say so far one aspect of their business is pretty damn predictable. Hopefully they prove me wrong. I really really wish they would.

RE: Munich 2018 - Chris Marshall - 12-May-2018

Any update from anyone else there, or are you all nursing hangovers from too much Weissbier ?

Did anyone ask or say anything about MQA, not essential now Roon does the first unfold but wonder what Devialet think.

RE: Munich 2018 - wikeeboy - 12-May-2018

The silence is deafening!

RE: Munich 2018 - Celts88 - 12-May-2018

Seems like Devialetitous is contagious  Confused

Actually I would expect those who attended the event yesterday are most likely very busy visiting other events at the High-End so understandably haven't had time to sit down and do a summary of the meeting yesterday, but it's Devialet themselves that I have issue with.

They (Devialet) arrange an event at Munich for a handful of owners (appreciate only a handful could make the event, so this in no way is having a go at those lucky one's who could make the event).

Of the other thousands of Devialet owners who couldn't make the event, it's the usual silence from Devialet, so from my perspective nothing has changed, and until there is actual change (new/upgraded software, open/regular dialogue, customer support that actually supports the customer) then any words spoken by Devialet at present is just hot air.

Hope those who attended the event had a good time, and are enjoying the other events in Munich; have fun!!!  Smile

Munich 2018 - zdenes - 12-May-2018

(12-May-2018, 09:24)Chris Marshall Wrote: Any update from anyone else there, or are you all nursing hangovers from too much Weissbier ?

Did anyone ask or say anything about MQA, not essential now Roon does the first unfold but wonder what Devialet think.

I was there yesterday with 7-8 fellow convicts. It was a three and a half hour session, 3 hours of which was Q&A and 30 mins demo. I’m still in Munich and the show and weizenbeer keep me busy. Earliest I will have time to say anything is Monday but some others there may be faster.

Zoltan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk