Devialet Chat
Roon - the next step? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Roon - the next step? (/Thread-Roon-the-next-step)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Roon - the next step? - Pim - 20-Mar-2018

There you go. Innous it is then  Smile

RE: Roon - the next step? - Womaz - 20-Mar-2018

The Innuos has always been the favoured way to go I think but with the recent issues with Roon and Tidal I will not commit yet.
It is not just me the forum has a very large thread on the issue,. I am hoping last night was just a one off as it has worked just fine up till now. However last night was that bad that I stopped listening to music as it was just too frustrating. If i get many more nights like this I might as well stick with the Linn Kazoo Melco combination, and trust me I do not really want to do that.
Yes my lap top is shut down and restarted a couple of times per day. I have also restarted my router last night so we will see how today goes.
I know you may be thinking just buy the Innuos and it will all be OK. But will it? Not sure I am prepared to take that risk yet. I think my idea of sitting on the fence for a few months is a good one.

RE: Roon - the next step? - midi - 20-Mar-2018

(20-Mar-2018, 09:04)Womaz Wrote: The Innuos has always been the favoured way to go I think but with the recent issues with Roon and Tidal I will not commit yet.
It is not just me the forum has a very large thread on the issue,. I am hoping last night was just a one off as it has worked just fine up till now. However last night was that bad that I stopped listening to music as it was just too frustrating. If i get many more nights like this I might as well stick with the Linn Kazoo Melco combination, and trust me I do not really want to do that.
Yes my lap top is shut down and restarted a couple of times per day. I have also restarted my router last night so we will see how today goes.
I know you may be thinking just buy the Innuos and it will all be OK. But will it? Not sure I am prepared to take that risk yet. I think my idea of sitting on the fence for a few months is a good one.

Sitting on the fence is always the way to get better products - or never get a product...

RE: Roon - the next step? - Womaz - 20-Mar-2018

(20-Mar-2018, 20:51)midi Wrote:
(20-Mar-2018, 09:04)Womaz Wrote: The Innuos has always been the favoured way to go I think but with the recent issues with Roon and Tidal I will not commit yet.

Sitting on the fence is always the way to get better products - or never get a product...

I have my reasons for sitting on the fence this time though.

RE: Roon - the next step? - cereal killer - 20-Mar-2018

There must be something in your setup, mine has worked faultlessly since day 1. I use roon/tidal exclusively as my only source which is installed on a QNAP NAS

RE: Roon - the next step? - octaviars - 21-Mar-2018

@Womaz last night I played Roon/Tidal for about 5 hours without any problem. I see many that have problems but in my setup these problems have not accoured.

RE: Roon - the next step? - Womaz - 21-Mar-2018

@octaviars I am hoping it was just a bad night. I was just about to commit to Roon lifetime too, but I still have two months of trial to go so i will see how it goes. It had been more or less flawless until this night. I really want Roon as I love the interface , the way Roon and Tidal work together is great.

RE: Roon - the next step? - BoyScout - 21-Mar-2018

(20-Mar-2018, 23:23)cereal killer Wrote: There must be something in your setup, mine has worked faultlessly since day 1. I use roon/tidal exclusively as my only source which is installed on a QNAP NAS

Hi cereal killer,

it looks like you have a pretty simple system, that´s exactly my go: simple system and the laptop away.
Could you tell me how it works and what kind of NAS do you have? I´m usiing Tidal/roon/air via a mac laptop and a iPad as remote but i´d like to drop the laptop and get some storage capacity too. The Womaz solution (Innuos) could be an alternative but i´m not so sure about it yet.
Thanks.

RE: Roon - the next step? - Pim - 21-Mar-2018

@Womaz , when you have issues again, try Tidal on its own. At least that should single out one of the culprits.

RE: Roon - the next step? - salk61 - 21-Mar-2018

Has anybody had an experience with the DCS network bridge as a Roon end point when connected to the Devialet via digital XLR cable? I’m wondering which sounds better? Roon plus air or the Roon plus DCS with Devialet. I was considering buying the dCS Network Bridge