Devialet Chat
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Tweaker's Corner (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Tweaker-s-Corner)
+--- Thread: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation (/Thread-Audiophile-Grade-Ethernet-Switches-The-new-generation)

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Snoopy8 - 09-Oct-2019

(09-Oct-2019, 05:53)octaviars Wrote: @Snoopy8 I did have a look at ASR but I just think that it is funny that the person who started the thread owns a Molo Mola dac that cost more than €10k and most of them claims all DACs sound the same.
All this goes back to when Amir at ASR measured the usbREGEN and later one of their PSU and all hell broke loose. 
I dont mind spending $640 on a etherREGEN as that compared to many other products today is not that much money and "if" it makes any difference well that is a plus.
ASR  have become a cult; the less people refer to them, the better.
-----------

For anyone wanting the EtherRegen, 2nd production batch still available from its Hong Kong dealer
https://www.adark.co/products/uptone-etherregen-switch

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - thumb5 - 09-Oct-2019

You could say the same about CA/AS...

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Antoine - 09-Oct-2019

Like Octaviars I also managed to order an Etherregen from batch 1.  Smile  Judging by the people who reported they got into batch two after only 4 minutes it looks like batch one sold out in less than three minutes! 

I had been following the developments since the beginning (1.5 years ago now?) so look forward to receiving it somewhere after November 15th. Will do some ‘thinking about’ where to place it in my current chain and all available options in the mean time.

Also curious to @GuillaumeB’s comparison!  Smile

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - kerkhoffd - 09-Oct-2019

(09-Oct-2019, 08:28)Vivialet Wrote: has someone already tested the Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch ? A review from the Netherlands state it is much better than the Aqvox SE which I own. And only costs 399€.

Posted the same question last month. Very interested in opinions on and reviews of this switch used with Devialet. Would be a - for me - more affordable option.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - octaviars - 09-Oct-2019

Yes you needed to be fast @Antoine I am on vacaition in Side, Turkey and the wifi at the hotel was a bit shakey so I was not confident to be able to make it.

Compared to many other offerings the etherREGEN is so much more sofisticated by design and at a reasonable price as Uptones aim are directed towards SOtM. 

My system will look like this with the etherREGEN in place. Might be regular LAN between router and etherREGEN but I have SFP modules and fibercable laying around so might just try it.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - baconbrain - 09-Oct-2019

(09-Oct-2019, 11:04)thumb5 Wrote: You could say the same about CA/AS...

There is merit in that statement.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Antoine - 11-Oct-2019

(09-Oct-2019, 15:16)octaviars Wrote: Yes you needed to be fast @Antoine I am on vacaition in Side, Turkey and the wifi at the hotel was a bit shakey so I was not confident to be able to make it.

Compared to many other offerings the etherREGEN is so much more sofisticated by design and at a reasonable price as Uptones aim are directed towards SOtM. 

My system will look like this with the etherREGEN in place. Might be regular LAN between router and etherREGEN but I have SFP modules and fibercable laying around so might just try it.

Hi Octaviars, I think we were both sure the first batch would sell out quickly so acted accordingly. Smile My experience with hotel/public wifi hotspots is exactly like you describe so I’m happy it worked out for you.

I agree, the etherregen being purpose built seems to hold all the right cards so it should perform well but as always the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I look forward to it and would rather have seen the reactions of the beta testers in the mean time but I can understand why Alex has requested to not share their experiences until the device is out there with the first batch clients.

You have a nice setup and I would place the etherregen exactly where you put in in the chain. I will update my own diagram later as well and post it here. 

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!  Smile

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - octaviars - 11-Oct-2019

Quote:You have a nice setup and I would place the etherregen exactly where you put in in the chain. I will update my own diagram later as well and post it here. 

I have lately been downscaling my system @Antoine going from multiple SOtM and Paul Hynes PSU to a single dCS unit made my system less spaghetti mode. Made a small jump in SQ so that was a nice thing and the dCS Mosaic app (usually uses Roon) perform really well. 

Buying the etherREGEN is something I have been waiting for since Superdad first announced it on CA many months ago so really looking forward to get it.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Vivialet - 11-Oct-2019

I‘m just exploring another option included in the Devialet CI board. For some time I use the uPnP protocol with Audirvana which I like more than Roon/Air. Both is connected via Ethernet (optical converters and Aqvox SE switch).
Now I have activated wifi on the Devialet and use this also via UPnP. While I was frequently having problems with uPnP at the beginning of a track with some disruptions this is now perfectly working.
Also the SQ has improved. Wifi is now using 5Ghz and I also have a new router (Fritzbox 7590), it seems this is now giving Wifi an advantage over Ethernet. At least worth a try before spending lots of money. It also reduces the number of small boxes significiently.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - baconbrain - 11-Oct-2019

(09-Oct-2019, 15:16)octaviars Wrote: Yes you needed to be fast @Antoine I am on vacaition in Side, Turkey and the wifi at the hotel was a bit shakey so I was not confident to be able to make it.

Octaviars,

Looking at your diagram, a couple questions come to mind. What advantage do you anticipate by connecting your router to the EtherRegen via Fiber? Since Fiber is fairly free of things like noise generated through current leakage, etc., wouldn’t the EtherRegen be more beneficial via Ethernet? Perhaps you could test the two possibilities once the device has arrived. I would be interested to hear your opinion.