Devialet Chat
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Tweaker's Corner (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Tweaker-s-Corner)
+--- Thread: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation (/Thread-Audiophile-Grade-Ethernet-Switches-The-new-generation)

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - baddog - 10-Dec-2019

Hopefully over time they will release test data that validates the design goals of the product.

@David A Look forward to your impressions and others when you receive your orders.

@Confused looking forward to your impressions as well. Sorry to hear your comments here were highlighted on another forum, I don't think there was anything untoward on your part.

I am pretty content with my system these days, haven't introduced a change to it in several years, other than the CI upgrade and updating the SSD drive in my NUC to 4GB. Oh and of course moving half way across the country, which in turn caused me to sell off my Silver Circle Audio Power Conditioner, which I used to have my Devialet's plugged into.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Betsy - 10-Dec-2019

A quick thank you to Alex and the wonderful team at UpTone for all your hard work and excellent engineering for my new EtherRegan swich!

(I had several prior e switches, a d-link, then a Cisco ..then a Packedge...each sounding slighthly better...and my ears learning as well.)

Well, I plugged in the new EtherRegan today as it arrived ....what a beautiful design and package....all perfect.

My impressions are that it has more musicality than I have ever heard on my system...the height, placement and tones are exactly in place ......and I just fell into the music...its a joy to hear such beautiful crystal clear music ......and thank you.

Please thank your team as they must be working very hard to meet demands, and I am very fortunate to own one.

My ears really like this EtherRegan switch! By far the biggest jump towards my vinyl system, worth every penny!

(...its not running too hot ...102 degrees ..with one heat sink on top, a heavy stainless steel finite element cerebral footer sitting on top draws a lot of heat from the switch .....and add some mass to keep it sitting on its nice feet.)

Betsy

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - K4680 - 10-Dec-2019

(10-Dec-2019, 06:42)Betsy Wrote: A quick thank you to Alex and the wonderful team at UpTone for all your hard work and excellent engineering for my new EtherRegan swich!

(I had several prior e switches, a d-link, then a Cisco ..then a Packedge...each sounding slighthly better...and my ears learning as well.)

Well, I plugged in the new EtherRegan today as it arrived ....what a beautiful design and package....all perfect.

My impressions are that it has more musicality than I have ever heard on my system...the height, placement and tones are exactly in place ......and I just fell into the music...its a joy to hear such beautiful crystal clear music ......and thank you.

Please thank your team as they must be working very hard to meet demands, and I am very fortunate to own one.

My ears really like this EtherRegan switch! By far the biggest jump towards my vinyl system, worth every penny!

(...its not running too hot ...102 degrees ..with one heat sink on top, a heavy stainless steel finite element cerebral footer sitting on top draws a lot of heat from the switch .....and add some mass to keep it sitting on its nice feet.)

Betsy

What is 102 degrees hot !!!! Big Grin Big Grin

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Antoine - 10-Dec-2019

Hi @Betsy , although we recently learned Alex does read this thread occasionally this isn’t the forum he calls home. Uptone Audio has sponsored their own forum at audiophilestyle.com. You can find it here: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/forum/25-uptone-audio-sponsored/

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - baconbrain - 10-Dec-2019

(10-Dec-2019, 16:24)Antoine Wrote: Hi @Betsy , although we recently learned Alex does read this thread occasionally this isn’t the forum he calls home. Uptone Audio has sponsored their own forum at audiophilestyle.com. You can find it here: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/forum/25-uptone-audio-sponsored/

+1

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - octaviars - 10-Dec-2019

Well we know Alex reads this thread and is very fast on responding to questions on AS forum but he just ignored my question on AS why the etherREGEN has no CE aproval? Perhaps most people dont care about this.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Johnnydev - 10-Dec-2019

(10-Dec-2019, 19:56)octaviars Wrote: Well we know Alex reads this thread and is very fast on responding to questions on AS forum but he just ignored my question on AS why the etherREGEN has no CE aproval? Perhaps most people dont care about this.

yes, i don’t care

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - octaviars - 10-Dec-2019

I dont want this to go bananas like it usually do when you question someone.....so here is my question that I asked Uptone.

"I still wonder about the CE marking of a product that you sell to stores within the EU and directly to customers within the EU, why is there no CE aproval on the etherREGEN?

https://ec.europa.eu/growth/single-market/ce-marking/manufacturers_en

"Manufacturers play a crucial role in ensuring that products placed on the extended single market of the European Economic Area (EEA) are safe. They are responsible for checking that their products meet EU safety, health, and environmental protection requirements. It is the manufacturer’s responsibility to carry out the conformity assessment, set up the technical file, issue the EU declaration of conformity, and affix the CE marking to a product. Only then can this product be traded on the EEA market.I

If you are a manufacturer, you have to follow these 6 steps to affix a CE marking to your product:

Identify the applicable directive(s) and harmonised standards
Verify product specific requirements
Identify whether an independent conformity assessment (by a notified body) is necessary
Test the product and check its conformity
Draw up and keep available the required technical documentation
Affix the CE marking and draw up the EU Declaration of Conformity (27 KB).

These 6 steps may differ by product as the conformity assessment procedure varies. Manufacturers must not affix CE marking to products that don’t fall under the scope of one of the directives providing for its affixing."

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Flashman - 10-Dec-2019

I just installed the Bonn N8 (Silent Angel) switch.  I purchased it in the U.S. from Crux Audio, which currently has it on sale for $339.  I had read several Dutch audio reviews and a friend of mine had also purchased one.  I was a skeptic but I figured with the reviews, with my friend owning one, and with the "relatively" low price it was worth a gamble.

What I hear after about 10 songs is:
-- Wider sound stage
-- Slightly deeper bass
-- A nice image across the sound stage (individual instruments are easier to place, for example)

I was a bit surprised at how different things sounded.  I really didn't expect it.

My set-up is rather simple: Devialet Expert 220 Pro (connected by WiFi, as I have had previous issues with gigabit Ethernet on Roon) and Roon Nucleus  (connected to the switch).  I do have a Keces P8 linear power supply powering the Nucleus and an AudioQuest Niagara 1000 providing clean power to all the other components.

I'd be interested in anyone else who has experience with the Bonn N8.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - kerkhoffd - 11-Dec-2019

Thank you @Flashman. I am also interested in this switch, and am planning to try one at home during the Christmas holidays. I did hear a Bonn N8 switch implemented in a demonstration set, and that triggered my interest next to the Dutch reviews. But never did a side-by-side comparison.