Devialet Chat
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Tweaker's Corner (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Tweaker-s-Corner)
+--- Thread: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation (/Thread-Audiophile-Grade-Ethernet-Switches-The-new-generation)

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - ogs - 29-Jan-2020

Very often comments about this is that ethernet switches does not have a sound, so the EtherREGEN can not possibly sound different - let alone better - than the others because it is a network switch. To the extent that they will not even listen to the EtherREGEN. To his credit, Amir did listen but of course heard no difference because, as you say, his listening methodology was wrong. Expectation bias...?
My ER arrives end of February and I look very much forward to that!

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - kerkhoffd - 31-Jan-2020

Another nice read from the guys from Alpha-Audio in the Netherlands answering a question of one of their blog readers on audiophile switches (in Dutch). Might also give some info for the discussion on 'doesn't measure, so doesn't exist'.

https://www.alpha-audio.nl/achtergrond/de-lezersvraag-een-speciale-switch-voor-audio/

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Flashman - 31-Jan-2020

@kerkhoffd Agree that Alpha-Audio has done a nice job of testing (both blind and otherwise) so-called audiophile switches. We both have the Bonn N8 -- which was a top 3 switch in blind testing -- and it's made a difference in our systems. Alpha-Audio recognizes that pure measurements are not always the answer. In their Q and A, they sum up (courtesy of Google Translate):

"Does a special audio switch make an audible difference? Yes. It does. A really good switch brings more peace and definition to the display. Less 'hardness', especially in the middle and high. Sometimes a little more space in the stereo image."

That's been my experience!

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - awkaplan - 01-Feb-2020

They have a sound.  It changes with time.  I stopped running Roon and have been using Tidal direct via USB.  Generic driver on Surface Pro X.  I still believe in WiFi creating this fun buffer.  Use the simplest AP and keep the loom 3-5m each stretch for anything wired in.  Even going to a printer, anything on the network, just spend a little, Wireworld Chroma 8...I have one long Chroma run and five runs of Starlight 7 and just keeping the loom quiet even with garbage devices in between like the AT&T fiber gateways...to NAS that never serves music.  Just keep it quiet.  The devices are too unpredictable; you’ll drive yourself mad.  Last run to the Dev should be all copper.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - kerkhoffd - 03-Feb-2020

(31-Jan-2020, 23:32)Flashman Wrote: @kerkhoffd Agree that Alpha-Audio has done a nice job of testing (both blind and otherwise) so-called audiophile switches.  We both have the Bonn N8 -- which was a top 3 switch in blind testing -- and it's made a difference in our systems.  Alpha-Audio recognizes that pure measurements are not always the answer.  In their Q and A, they sum up (courtesy of Google Translate):

"Does a special audio switch make an audible difference?  Yes. It does. A really good switch brings more peace and definition to the display. Less 'hardness', especially in the middle and high. Sometimes a little more space in the stereo image."

Same here. Glad I took the jump. Together with the IsoAcoustics Gaia II beneath my loudspeakers one of the best tweaks I have introduced in my set the last few years.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Johnnydev - 04-Feb-2020

(03-Feb-2020, 22:05)kerkhoffd Wrote:
(31-Jan-2020, 23:32)Flashman Wrote: @kerkhoffd Agree that Alpha-Audio has done a nice job of testing (both blind and otherwise) so-called audiophile switches.  We both have the Bonn N8 -- which was a top 3 switch in blind testing -- and it's made a difference in our systems.  Alpha-Audio recognizes that pure measurements are not always the answer.  In their Q and A, they sum up (courtesy of Google Translate):

"Does a special audio switch make an audible difference?  Yes. It does. A really good switch brings more peace and definition to the display. Less 'hardness', especially in the middle and high. Sometimes a little more space in the stereo image."

Same here. Glad I took the jump. Together with the IsoAcoustics Gaia II beneath my loudspeakers one of the best tweaks I have introduced in my set the last few years.

same here, but then with the EtherRegen and IsoAcoustics Gaia III

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Snoopy8 - 14-Feb-2020

Hans Beekhuyzen has just released his review of the Uptone EtherREGEN.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Johnnydev - 14-Feb-2020

Since a week i running a Sbooster MKII 12V on the ER with better result.
Even better with a Audioquest Monsoon 1mtr powercable.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Snoopy8 - 14-Feb-2020

(14-Feb-2020, 11:50)Johnnydev Wrote: Since a week i running a Sbooster MKII 12V on the ER with better result.
I agree that a linear power supply improves the EtherRegen. Been using a Gieseler Audio Kraftwerk 12V 2A PSU which provides a more engaging and musical reproduction. That particular PSU is also grounded.

Most people here will not know Gieseler Audio; it is a small Australian boutique manufacturer of excellent, value for money PSUs and DACs.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - baconbrain - 14-Feb-2020

(14-Feb-2020, 12:56)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(14-Feb-2020, 11:50)Johnnydev Wrote: Since a week i running a Sbooster MKII 12V on the ER with better result.
I agree that a linear power supply improves the EtherRegen. Been using a Gieseler Audio Kraftwerk 12V 2A PSU which provides a more engaging and musical reproduction. That particular PSU is also grounded.

Most people here will not know Gieseler Audio; it is a small Australian boutique manufacturer of excellent, value for money PSUs and DACs.

„Kraftwerk“ das ist ja geil!  Smile