Devialet Chat
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Tweaker's Corner (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Tweaker-s-Corner)
+--- Thread: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation (/Thread-Audiophile-Grade-Ethernet-Switches-The-new-generation)

"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - no32 - 17-Jul-2020

(17-Jul-2020, 06:38)sam1000 Wrote: Quick question to all EtherRegen owners. Does the unit runs pretty hot? Is that normal? I just got my unit today and I although I do not believe in burn-in that much, i just inserted it in the chain and played some music in the background. After a couple of hours, when I touched the unit, it was very hot. Should I be worried?

They run hot ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Stino - 17-Jul-2020

(17-Jul-2020, 06:38)sam1000 Wrote: Quick question to all EtherRegen owners. Does the unit runs pretty hot? Is that normal? I just got my unit today and I although I do not believe in burn-in that much, i just inserted it in the chain and played some music in the background. After a couple of hours, when I touched the unit, it was very hot. Should I be worried?

Yes, it will stay that hot. Whether this is a sign of bad design I leave open. Hope you hear some difference...

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Antoine - 17-Jul-2020

See user guide:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0660/6121/files/EtherREGEN_User_Guide.pdf?90

Quote:Locating the EtherREGEN:

During use, it is normal for the case of the EtherREGEN to become somewhat hot. 48~52C (118~126F), depending on room air temperature is to be expected. Do not be concerned about the heat. Even when hot, all parts are operating at less than half their thermal ratings. The case is the heat-sink. Please locate the EtherREGEN on a shelf where air can flow under and around it. If the heat of the case bothers you, standing it on edge will permit more airflow and will lower the case temperature by a few degrees. Do not stack other devices under or on top of the EtherREGEN.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - David A - 17-Jul-2020

I'm going to assume that you and the respondents to date are all in the northern hemisphere so you're now mid-summer and perhaps worried about the ER and its heat in summer.

I'm in sub-tropical Australia in Brisbane and I got mine in January in the middle of a very hot summer which was contributing to a lot of bushfires from north of me down to Victoria. Yes, the case gets warm but I had it turned on 24/7 without any problems. Antoine has quoted the user guide and as it says, it runs "somewhat hot" but i had no problems at all so I think the advice in the manual is correct, there is no need to be concerned.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - sam1000 - 17-Jul-2020

Thanks everyone for the response. I'll stop worrying about it and let it run.
Yes, the user manual does say this..

"Do not be concerned about the heat. Even when hot,
all parts are operating at less than half their thermal ratings. The case is
the heat-sink."

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Petter - 17-Jul-2020

Some use this one and put  it on the edge to get it run coler, just ordered one, so lets see Smile

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - bernardl - 18-Jul-2020

FIf I may ask, where did you source this bracket from?

I was thinking of designing one and having it 3D printed.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Bernard

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - Pim - 18-Jul-2020

(18-Jul-2020, 04:16)bernardl Wrote: FIf I may ask, where did you source this bracket from?

I was thinking of designing one and having it 3D printed.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Bernard
These will do it. And heat resistant:

https://www.lightinthebox.com/en/p/kitchen-tools-silicone-kitchen-tools-accessories-heat-insulated-gloves-cooking-utensils-1pc_p6826358.html?currency=AUD&litb_from=paid_adwords_shopping&sku=1_6916&country_code=au&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&adword_mt=&adword_ct=395226423054&adword_kw=&adword_pos=&adword_pl=&adword_net=u&adword_tar=&adw_src_id=7679541699_7996324068_89382048624_pla-613284782325&gclid=CjwKCAjwmMX4BRAAEiwA-zM4JvBuLmymg5DCsoU5TRmSc1kp_F0dA-ikQJZQ3D9syWzDHH1KChyiQBoCAYMQAvD_BwE

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - audio_engr - 18-Jul-2020

I've been closely following this thread but never participated ... my ER just arrived today .. its been running 5 hrs now & all I can say for now is that its playing w/o getting "Roon RAAT" issues that was occasionally occurring using a Netgear Gigabit switch.

RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - BoyScout - 18-Jul-2020

(18-Jul-2020, 07:10)audio_engr Wrote: I've been closely following this thread but never participated ... my ER just arrived today .. its been running 5 hrs now & all I can say for now is that its playing w/o getting "Roon RAAT" issues that was occasionally occurring using a Netgear Gigabit switch.
Any kind of difference in sound so far?
It places between the router and the streamer, right?